“Great steak in Bangkok”

ARTUR Restaurant
Ranked #244 of 11,376 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A fine dining Manhattan style gourmet Steakhouse with French touch..
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Really enjoyed our evening meal at Artur. We'd seen some positive comments about the steaks so went for that and we weren't disappointed, I went for the US Angus which was very tender. Service was attentive but it is a little pricey, for that I will only give it a very good rating. However, we would have no hesitation in going back.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I will attempt to avoid hyperbole, but words like "excellent," "exquisite and "outstanding" aren't truly adequate to describe Artur's steaks and cocktails. Instead, I'll try "superb," "supreme," unrivaled," "preeminent." Owner Artur and his delightful wife are consummate hosts and will make you and your group feel like stars as you enjoy the Parisian ambiance and the remarkable food and drink. One of the best wine lists in Bangkok, with something to fit every pocket, and the Caesar salad is HIGHLY recommended.

1  Thank RMTIII
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I finished a Friday evening meeting and was feeling really hungry, and on the walk back to the BTS I saw Artur's mug on the sign outside the soi off of Sukhumvit inviting me in.

I debated the idea as it would be expensive, and probably crowded, and I hmmmed and hawwed and then just made the decision and started walking towards the restaurant.

As expected it was "Super Busy", and the bar was too, but they found a spot for me and set me up. I didn't want to spend a lot, so I ordered the 10 Oz Australian strip loin. I am not normaly a fan of Australian beef, as most of the time they grain feed the beast for the last 100 days of it's life, and the taste usually is not inline with my expectation. I am from Amercia and love good USDA grain fed beef, with the "New York" strip being my favorite.

I ordered the Mashed potatoes and red wine sauce. The first thing that came was the bread, reasonably good, but even better when the odd egg thingy came out, for lack of a better word. It is a hollowed out egg shell with the top lopped off and then is filled with a sweet curry soup and some whipped cream and chives. It goes well by itself as a mixed cream curry soup, but it also is nice with the bread. Its free with all meals and really tasty, the egg shell service medium is still bothering me, I would prefer something small and ceramic.

I had the Lychie Martini, very nice!

The big issue with Arturs is that some say the value isn't good. Well I have been here before, and yes I have made excuses for Arturs and other establishments that serve great beef that Thailand customs duty is really high.

Well the bill came to 40.00 and some change, and the steak, well I was really surprised by the beef, it was very very good!

So I feel like I receive good value and a great meal, as well as super service!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I visited Artur's last night for the first time and will definitely be going back. We'd read reviews that mentioned great steaks and were glad to discover this is very much the case. There are a variety of steaks to choose from (Wagyu, Australian Angus, US Angus) and prices that range from the extremely affordable to top end five star hotel restaurant prices. The service was friendly, efficient and attentive and Artur was on hand to recommend house specialities and answer questions. The restaurant decor is discrete and tasteful. Artur's is definitely a Bangkok treasure.

2  Thank OwenMcD
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and i are steak enthusiasts and we chanced upon this restaurant. I must say, it was an excellent decision to eat here. Its atmosphere is very pleasing and quiet. We were given a delicious starter, some cream concoction in an egg shell, very cute. The salad was very crunchy and the most tasty i have ever eaten - try it. Then we ordered the steak, which was very fragrant and done excellently. You must get the ladies there to recommend. After that, we had the creme brûlée. There were some free items given to us in between and that was very nice of them. Artur himself was there and we were very pleased to hear the little history he told us of his restaurant. We would definitely revisit if we come back to Bangkok.