My wife and I stayed at the 16th floor Hibiscus one bedroom apartment for three nights in January, 2014. We enjoyed our stay last year at The Riverside Bangkok Apartments and decided to return again this year. The best aspects of our stay was the spacious modern apartment in a secure high-rise building, the quiet setting across the Chao Phraya River from the Saphan Taksin BTS skytrain station, and the scenic view of the river. A convenient ferry shuttles passengers across the river every 30 minutes.
The only downside for us was the lack of high quality restaurants in the neighborhood. There is an Italian restaurant and several Asian restaurants within walking distance but the quality of the food was below that on the opposite side of the river. To reach a good MaxValue market and 24-hr Tom N Toms Coffee, turn right at the main road and walk five minutes to a shopping complex on the right side of the road.
We would definitely stay here again for the quiet, spaciousness, view, and value.
- Spacious one bedroom apartment
- Views of river from living room, bathroom, and bedroom
- Dedicated doorman, other security staff, and secured entrance to building
- Full kitchen
- Clean & modern
- Excellent value
- Away from noise and crowds
- Wifi worked great and was fast at 10 Mbps download speed
- Choice of restaurants was a bit lacking in the area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TheRiverSideBangkok If you are looking to rent an elegant vacational apartment with the best views, if you want value or a relaxed home from home holiday not a hotel suite without paying five star rates then stay in our beautiful apartments in the heart of the city's wonderful riverside community. We are situated just across the river from Saphan Taksin Skytrain and Bangkok's main river pier. Cross the river by our private boat or walk across the bridge. ... more less