“Great place for sports, drinks and food in sulumvit Soi 8”

The Kiwi Sport Pub & Grill
Ranked #548 of 10,793 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Pub, American, Bar, British, New Zealand, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The Kiwi Bangkok, formally known as Soi 8 is a Sports Pub and Grill with live music. We are one of the best sports pubs in Thailand, the home of sport, showing live Rugby, UFC, F1, soccer/football, cricket and more. We have, among various events, live music every Monday and Wednesday. Daily Happy Hours from 9am to 7pm on beers, wine and spirits. Don't miss it if you are around! The Sunday Carvery from midday to 6pm, soup to start, four choices of meats and all the trimmings for 395b. Come with your family, friends, or colleagues, enjoy quality food at great prices while watching your favourite sport. Please note that at The Kiwi Bangkok, outdoor seating is available for smokers, or just if you like to enjoy the night breeze... Our commitment is simple: offering quality food and drink at a reasonable price for all, in a pleasant atmosphere and with a smile. Whether you are looking for authentic pub and sports bar atmosphere, friendly service or great food for casual dining, our sports bar is in Bangkok on Sukhumvit Soi 8, located 50 meters away from Nana BTS, come to check us anytime, we're waiting for you.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for sports, drinks and food in sulumvit Soi 8”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I found out this place last weekend, looking for some western food. After couple of weeks you can get easily bored of "Kao Pad".
Hitting on a new spot is always a two edged-sword: either you are lucky, either you're just not.
The manager welcomed me and proposed me the drinks and beverages menu. They have a very large choice of food at very affordable price...
I chose the Fish and chips and this is, honestly, the best I have had in years! Chips are in good amount and the Tartar sauce really tasted...homemade!
Had couple of drinks, played two games of pool before hitting back home, happy to have discovered a new spot.
I will be back for sure when wandering in this area.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank greg_loves_BKK

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great bar with friendly staff and no hassles.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed in a hotel on soi 10 and went to the kiwiclub (soi 8) on the first night of my stay. The landlord is English and made me feel welcome from the first meet. I had several drinks and food for the next couple of days of my short stay. Each time I went in the landlord and staff were friendly and made me feel welcome. There are numerous screens showing sport from all over the world, two pool tables and the place is very clean. I had 3 items from the menu and they were all really good portions and very freshly cooked/made to order. I recommend coming to this venue. Simon

Javea, Spain
“It's a pub/sportsbar”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Meeting friends and family who live locally and suggested we meet at this place. Why anyone would want to eat here when there is so much better available I just don't know but chill and go with the flow I thought.
It is a sports bar and apparently a good one which is just as well because the food is quite awful. Whoever runs it seems to mistakenly believe that quantity trumps quality. Service wasn't great either and just to make sure the whole experience was truly awful they had the air conditioning running.
If you want a sports bar/pub then you will be happy although there are better ones in Bangkok. For anything else avoid coming here.

1 Thank felipehavana
Limassol, Cyprus
“Still living on past glories”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

When this pub was the Soi 8 (and under different ownership) it was certainly several notches above the herd on both ambiance and (especially) food. Latter has however gradually declined in range and quality and is now no better than average pub fare. While it is still perfectly OK for a drink and a simple pub meal, it is no longer a destination - I still go there on occasion mainly because friends use it and it is close to home. Service standards have also slipped, especially at lunchtimes when the manager is not in - the old (competent) staff seemed to have largely moved on.

2 Thank Rory K
Perth, Australia
“top quality pub”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This pub was located close to where we were staying and we fell in love with it. Friendly staff and a really nice manager made this one of the nicest pubs we were in on our trip around thailand. They are really accommodating when it comes to watching sporting events and with tv's dotted all around the pub they really do cater for everyone. The bar food is really nice and there is alot to choose from on the menu.

• Visited December 2013