“OK - be careful which room you get!”

Trinity Silom Hotel
Ranked #179 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“OK - be careful which room you get!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed there two nights before (jan 2013) and after (feb 2013) a visit to Koh Tao with a week in between. The two experiences differed quite a lot...
The hotel is situated close to Chong Nonsi BTS station which is great. We didn't explore the local area much, because there was so much else to see. The breakfast was ok with a variety of choices but it was a little unhygienic with few hairs laying around.
The hotel apparently has two buildings - the main one with the lobby+restaurant and another building 50 meters away (a tunnel leads the way between the two).
First stay we had a room in the main building. The view was quite sad just looking into the concrete wall of the neighboring building. But the room was ok, dark though. Nice bathroom, TV and bed.
Next stay we had room 2210 in the other newer building. The room was lighter and looked more new. But next to our room was some kind of an engine-room. Noise and vibrations came from there and could be felt inside the room (also during the night) - and also a foul smell. A dirty plate was put on a table in the hallway.
I wasn't bothered much by the noise inside the room but my boyfriend thought is was a terrible stay.
The staff spoke bad english and were confused.
Overall OK, since we came back a second time. I think a more pleasant place can be found in Bangkok. I will find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa806262
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Teresa806262,

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent stay with us at GLOW Trinity Silom as it is only with feedback we can improve.

I am delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our designed rooms in both Main wing and new Premier wing. As mentioned, I totally agreed with you about our convenient hotel location where is located with a few minutes walk to Chong Non Si skytrain station and of course the main shoppings and attractions in Silom area.

Nevertheless I understand your frustrations caused from the hygiene at FooDie restaurant, the quietness of room, the tidiness of used ward for room service and the staff's communication. I will immediately have discussions with all involved to your experiences and please allow me to reassure you that we are working on implementing the necessary improvements. I can appreciate your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

Teresa806262, thank you very much for your feedback as it is important for us to know how our guests feel about our products and services. I understand you may be reluctant to stay with us again but I do hope that there will be opportunities in the future whereby we can welcome you back and regain your confidence with GLOW Trinity Silom.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We checked in after a lonnnnng flight and were greeted by the friendly staff at this very cute hotel. It felt like a boutique hotel and had a few nice touches to it. First the room was modern with nice hardwood flooring, the bathroom with sleek and I really liked the glass partition in the shower, and even the large bottles of shampoo, body wash, and handsome. The internet was free and I loved having a fridge in the room so we could grab some snacks to have close. Also one more thing that was great was that they had laundry facility on the 6th floor I know the last thing you probably want to do is laundry on your vacation but it came in handy since I didn't pack a whole lot of clothes

Anytime we had questions about where to visit or how to get somewhere the concierge (his name was Por) was always very helpful and made sure before I left that I truly understood where I was going and wouldn't get lost. Also this hotel was Very Central to most all the nightlife in the evening.

The hotel was a great price and I didn't think we would eat breakfast there because I thought we would explore, but ACTUALLY we got breakfast there every morning LOL. It was a delicious buffet and was so cheap, I think it was like 7 dollars which included your coffee and juice.

I can't wait to visit this hotel again. Thank you to all the kind staff at Glow Trinity Silom!!!!!!!

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at Glow in June 2012 for four nights.
The hotel is set off a busy street so is very quiet. The decor is ok but is ageing very quickly, our room had several wear n tear spots.
My partner slipped outside the hotel on the way back from the pool and hurt his ankle. I asked the staff at reception for ice. When the ice turned up at our room they tried to charge us for it. This was not what I would have expected in this situation, maybe something was lost in translation.
The hotel is a very short walk to the sky train whichever a very quick and easy way around Bangkok.
The breakfast was quite good and overall I do believe this hotel is good value for money.
I don't think we would stay again mainly due to the fact that the pool is in another building and the walkway between is not covered, not so god when there is a downpour outside.
Also the views out of the rooms is quite uninspiring.
That being said the staff were very very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TinChard2006,

Thank you very much for your review about your last stay with us at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I was really happy to learn that you felt impressed by our convenient location, qualified breakfast and friendly GLOWing staff. However I was truly sorry to hear about the incident occurred to your partner and I realized that it might have the miscommunication among the team regarding the fee of ice in this emergency situation. I will definitely share your feedback to the team and make sure our future guests do not have a similar experience. Please accept my sincere apologies on this inconveniences you had encountered.

Since your last stay with us was in June 2012, please allow me to update you that we had made a lot of changes through the past year for guest's comfort and convenience. We also just opened our new Premier room type and some rooms also allow our guests with the private balcony to indulge the view of Bangkok's business district from sunrise to sunset. Moreover no matter how it rains outside from now, a new small passage in front of the hotel will lead our guests to enjoy their leisure time at the gym and pool more easily.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, TinChard2006. I hope the unfortunate incidents and inconveniences that you encountered on your last stay with us, would not diminish the trust that you have with our hotel. I certainly hope that your will reconsider and decide to give us the opportunity to be of service to you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We spent four nights in the Glow Trinity and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, doing everything to ensure you have a great stay. We booked a Premier room which is huge and nicely furnished. Appeared to be very new. Because the hotel is a little set back from the major traffic roads it's really quiet considering you're in Bangkok. It's a five minute walk to Chong Nonsi BTS station and about 20 minutes to Silom MRT station. We highly recommend using the BTS or MRT lines whenever possible because they're cheap, clean, on time and so much faster than going by taxi or tuk-tuk.

Breakfast was nice in our opinion, not extravagant but heaps to choose from. If you stick to the western dishes there's toast, pancakes, cornflakes, oats, bacon, omlette, eggs any way you like them, fresh fruit ... Just don't try the French toast which is terrible. The area where breakfast is served is quite stylish but can be a bit noisy when it's full. They're a little slow clearing table and restocking dishes so you might need to wait a little. I believe they also serve lunch and dinner but we always went somewhere else as there is so much to choose from.

The access to a pool, gym and jogging track was definitely one of the highlights of this hotel. They're located in the complex opposite the hotel but very easy to reach. The pool is huge and suitable for doing laps. The gym is a little small but quite well equipped considering the size. And even though the jogging track is only 250m long it's still such a treat not having to run along the road with the exhaust fumes killing your lungs. Don't bother taking towels with you as you will be given some in the gym. There are also showers with shower gel, hairdryers, lockers etc.

I think the management is doing a great job in the Glow and they even gave us free orchestra tickets which was great. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear flauschipoohbear,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am greatly delighted to know that many aspects of our facilities have met your expectations and thank you for your kind compliments to our staff for their efforts and great work to make your recent stay a memorable one. As our aim is to ensure our guest's comfort and satisfaction, thus our staff will go out of their way to deliver the best possible service and to meet your every need. Rest assured that your constructive comments about the breakfast experience will be shared to the owner of The FooDie for further improvement.

flauschipoohbear, thank you once again for your GLOWing reviews. We at GLOW Trinity Silom look forward to a return visit from you when your travels bring you this way. Until then, we wish you all the best.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff is very nice, rooms were clean, free wifi...we had no issues. The pool is located in a separate building but offers very nice views of the city. Check with the front desk to get a pass and find out when the pool closes as it changes every night.
Good location...only 3 min. walking distance to the skytrain, which will take you to the weekend market, etc., very easy to navigate.

Dear samelove,

Thank you very much for your great feedback and recommending our GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed by the views of Bangkok from our swimming pool located in Trinity Complex. I totally agreed that our hotel location is easily accessible to the skytrain Chong Non Si station with a few minutes walk which will take our guests only a moment to many attractions and famous shopping malls in Bangkok even the biggest well-known Chatuchak weekend.

In regard to your feedback about the opening hours of our fitness and swimming pool, please allow me to inform you that it is opened daily between 6:30 am to 9:00 pm on weekday (Mon-Fri) and 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on weekend (Sat-Sun) and public holidays. The reason we extend the longer opening hours during weekday is just to ensure that our guests have more time to stay fit and relax during their busy business days in Bangkok.

Thank you once again for the GLOWing feedback and your recommendation to others, samelove. We look forward to welcoming and serving you again on your next trip to Bangkok.

George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just finished my 5 nights stay (deluxe room) there. My room was 416.

ROOM: The hotel room design is very stylish, modern and spotlessly clean. Besides that, the room is very spacious and i have to emphasize that the king bed is super comfortable although it is only a combination of two super single beds. My room is connected to 417/418 (i forgot) with only a closed door to separate these two rooms. If you are a light sleeper or a noise maker, please don't take such room. I can hear the shower noises, tv noises from the next room. I turned my TV on with moderate volume and i twice received call from the receptionist that someone is complaining i am making too much noise. However, the view from my room is good as the window is directly facing to the hotel entrance.

AMENITIES: First, bathrobes are provided. In my country, you can't find any hotel that provided bathrobes at this price rate. Sufficient shampoo, body gel as well as hand soap are given and you could get them refilled. Shower pressure is awesome. Sofa bed is comfortable but is shaky. The only touchdown is the hair dryer. It stops functioning after a few minutes of turning on. That is a big problem for girls with longer hair. The TV functions ok and there is a DVD player (you can borrow movies from the reception). Other than that, the Wifi router is just located right in front of my room (416) so the Wifi connection is pretty stable!

LOCATION: Chong Nonsi BTS Station is only 3-5 minutes walk away from the hotel and it is very safe to walk at night. Nearby the station, there is a 7-Eleven. Patpong Night Market is around 10 minutes walk from the hotel but i don't recommend to walk to there or from there at night as it could be dangerous. "Beware about snatch theft" signs are everywhere.

SERVICE: The hotel crew gives the best service ever. You will be served with welcome drinks upon checking in while you will also be taken to your room by the receptionist. The receptionist will then explain the room amenities to you. If you need a taxi, just call the crew and it will be ready in 10 minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Darren_Jelly,

Thank you for choosing to stay at GLOW Trinity Silom during your trip in Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our spacious and designed Deluxe room. It also made me a big smile after hearing about our hotel location that was convenient for your travelling in Bangkok as same as our GLOWing staff who offered you a combination of warm Thai hospitality and GLOW by Zinc professional service in a modern setting.

Rest assured that your comment regarding the noise from a connecting room and your feedback about the in-room hair dryer have been noted. I would like to reiterate my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you have encountered.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us, Darren_Jelly. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return at GLOW Trinity Silom soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed two nights here in January 2013. Loved the cool modern design of the hotel, and the staff was really great and friendly. Our cab driver had a little trouble finding it, so make sure that you have directions and an address handy. Preferably in Thai!

We loved that this was very near the sky train. Made getting around Bangkok very easy. The air conditioning worked very well (an important item for people not used to the Bangkok heat).

There are certainly higher-end hotels in Bangkok, but I thought this was a great deal for the rate we paid. We had the breakfast buffet our second morning and it was among the best we had in Thailand. So definitely check it out.

Dear Wanderingweekender,

Thank you for your GLOWing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am so glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed in our designed hotel and of course a friendly and helpful GLOWing staff. I must admit that several guests have also commented about the difficulties to reach our hotel for their first time as it is located in the sub street and a bit back off the main road. However I realize you can confirm for now that how our hotel location is convenient.

We pride ourselves on delivering a truly branded GLOW by Zinc experience, and we thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to GLOW Trinity Silom when you next choose to travel to Bangkok.