“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #181 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here from 10th Oct- 13th Oct 2012. Room was upgraded to deluxe room which has a daybed. Front desk staff was helpful and check in was fast and was given a complimentary drink.

Room 201 (smoking room)- Superb clean, spacious, comfortable bed, daybed, minifridge with complimentary coffee tea & water, safebox, LCD TV with few cable channels, DVD player and a DVD library available upon request, iPod docking station with speakers, hairdryer and bathroom amenities. No nice view as the room was facing another building. Complimentary wifi in the room but I have to stand at the door just to get it connected and then I can use it all over the room which just a minor problem to me. With all this, I'm just paying less than USD60 per night (book via Expedia) which is amazingly cheap.

Location- Near Chong Nonsi BTS (5mins walk), street food is just round the corner, night market about 10-15mins walk, about 45mins to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Glow Trinity Silom will be in one of my recommended hotel in Bangkok for friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 201 is a smoking room. A corner room and it's very quite. No view as the room was facing an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Equizit,

Thank you for choosing GLOW Trinity Silom for your recent visit to Bangkok.

I am overjoyed to hear that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. I am also glad that you liked our convenient location, room design, in-room facilities and most importantly our Front Desk team member who made your stay a memorable one. I will be sure to share your kind comments to the entire team.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies with regards to WiFi system of your room. I would like to assure you, that proper steps have been taken and still under process of system upgrading which will be completed soon.

Equizit, thank you once again for staying with us and we certainly look forward to be given an opportunity to welcoming you back again at GLOW Trinity Silom in the not so distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Glow Trinity Silom hotel and our experience was simply amazing!
The hotel concierge was extremely helpful, the room was extremely clean, the decoration was modern, the room was extremely comfortable, and the restaurant was simply amazing!
Can't say one bad thing about this hotel!
This definitely felt like home away from home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear A W,

Thank you very much for sharing your GLOWing experience with us.

It made me a big smile after reading your kind words and I was delighted to hear that your enjoyed our room, restaurant and were impressed by our expertise Concierge (Guest Relations) team. I will definitely relay your words to the entire team and I can assure that it will make them a big smile as well.

A W, I and the team look forward to welcoming you back at "Home" again whenever your travels bring you to Bangkok.

Windellama Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at Glow Trinity as it was close to family we were visiting. The service was wonderful from the driver who picked us up at 2 in the morning, the staff at the desk, the housekeeping staff & a special mention to Yakk on nights at the front door. All staff always helpful & smiling, nothing seemed to much trouble. The room 306 was spacious, comfortable, & had an exceptionally good air con. Thank You to all for making our trip so memorable.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room at the front & it was lovely. My sister & her husband & children ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Frances W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post us your nice comments in TripAdvisor.

I am more than happy to hear that all aspects from airport pick up service to designed room and most importantly our attentive and smiley team have made your recent stay with us a memorable one. Rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the entire team especially Khun Yakk our warm Bell Attendant to thank them for a job well done.

Thank you once again for staying with us and it leaves us now to look forward to welcoming you and your family back to GLOW Trinity Silom in the not so distant future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here along with my partner in the middle of September 2012. Not being familiar with Bangkok at all and with there being abundance of hotels to choose from we decided to go with Glow Trinity due to the price and location and we were not disappointed. Greeted by exceptionally friendly and helpful staff nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern and quiet. It is in a good location, with the skyrail train being about a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Bangkok for a few days, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly D
Dear Kelly D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I was delighted to hear that your experience with us met your expectations, from great location to reasonable price and of course attentive and friendly staff. Your kind words are really the best compliments for all of us and rest assured I will extend them to the entire team.

Your recommendation is greatly apprreciated and thank you once again for staying with us. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at GLOW Trinity Silom on your next visit in Bangkok.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Glow Trinity is clean, safe, trendy and the pool is great. Glow Trinity has everything well organized and the accomodations are a delight.
There are many 4 and 5 star hotels in Bangkok to choose from; however, what makes the Glow Trinity the best choice (aside from the accomodations) are the people who work here.
Ao the Duty Manager, 'Deer' and Bee are so helpful and kind ... they made my stay a wonderful experience -- I already have reservations for when I return to Bangkok later in the month!

Room Tip: Pick a room, any room -- they are all an excellent value for the $s and you can't beat the servi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear ANCHAK,

Thank you for choosing GLOW Trinity Silom as your destination choice during a recent visit in Bangkok.

It was great to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you liked our room, services and facilities. I am more than happy and very glad to hear that our friendly and attentive team was also one of the main reasons for your memorable experience. Your kind words will be passing on to the entire team especially Khun Ao our skilled Duty Manager and Khun Bee the lovely Guest Service Agent to thank them for their efforts, hard work and dedication to care of our guests.

ANCHAK, thank you very much once again for giving us another opportunity to welcome you back on your next return to Bangkok and we look forward to your arrival soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I love this hotel. I have stayed here many night, including about 14 nights of my current trip. Staff are great, especially the manager Mr Aaron, who even helped me find an apartment to move to, as I am living in Bsngkok for a while. Rooms are clean and modern, even had a docking station for iphone. Location is great, as you are near vibrant Silom but slightly off the main street and near to sky train. My maid on the 6th floor is amazing, very smiley and even kept my breakfast bowl I left when checking out last time - she returned it to me when I came back from Hua Hin. The pool across the road is huge and not too busy, and I use the tennis court. The only real negative is the breakfast. It is not good, hence why I have a cereal bowl in my room. For the relatively cheap price and location, this hotel is the best! Top tip - get a room at the back, as front facing rooms can be more noisy during weekdays, when there are more people working in the building opposite.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Anon559,

Thank you very much for choosing GLOW Trinity Silom for your stay in Bangkok.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you liked our room, facilities, location and leisure activities provided at the adjacent building Trinity Complex. Your kind compliments to Khun Nok our Room Attendant will be passing on to her and the team and of course it was also my great pleasure to be of service to you and to assist you in any way during your stay with us.

Your feedback about the breakfast is very much appreciated and it will be shared with the FooDie's owner for remedial and improvement. This is very important to us in developing new products and continuing to provide a positive customer experience.

Anon559, thank you once again for staying with us and I sincerely hope to be given an opportunity to welcome you back at GLOW Trinity Silom again in the near future. Until then, I wish you all the best.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel to/from Airport:
- Take the Airport Rail Link train from BKK to Phaya Thai (end of the line) about 30 mins , transfer to BTS Skytrain CHONG NONGSI. Exit and it's just a bit past the 7-11.
- I took a Taxi back to Suvarnabhumi at 5AM, it was about 30 mins, no traffic, B330 including Highway toll.

Check-In:
- Staff was pleasant and courteous, located my reservation quickly. A staff also walked me to my room and showed me the features of the room, nice touch.

Room:
- I was in the Deluxe room #416
- A good size room with all the standard amenities, Flat screenTV with satellite channels, in-room safe, A/C, comfortable bed, free water & tea, and various light settings.
- The bathroom has nice fixtures and glass partition design to open up the room, but the shower water splashing on the bathroom's wood door is slowing wearing out the paint.
- Access to free Wifi service was good.
- My room was on the 4th floor, it looked out to the next door older building and nearby buildings.
- Its location is tucked away from the main road, so external noise was minimal.

Pool:
- Pool is actually located in the Trinity Complex next door, it's an older apartment building and the pool is aging. But it's rare for a hotel to have access to a full size roof top pool. So it's great for serious swimmers to keep up with their work out.

Breakfast:
- Buffet breakfast was B180 and offered decent options.

Adjoining room door noise issue:
- Everything about my stay was great. My only issue was regarding the thin adjoining room door. My room was 416, and it's connected to room 418 next door.
1) The first morning, I was awaken by my neighbour's iPhone alarm clock at 7AM, he/she failed to wake up after 20 mins of ringing. I had to call the front desk to ask them to call his/her room to ask him/her to get up and turn off the alarm.
2) The same night, my new neighbour checked into their room just after midnight. They were chatting until 1:30AM. They were not purposely talking loud, just normal conversation voice. I can hear everything from them using a hair dryer, opening up their luggage, etc etc. I had to wake up at 5AM to catch my flight, so I was not rested at all that evening.
The rooms have hardwood floor, so the sound bounces around even more.... If possible ask for a room that is not joined.

Overall:
- It offers a "W-Hotel" vibe without the price tag, and its small size gives it a personal touch. I would've given this a 4-Star if it wasn't for the noise issue. Hope the management can invest in thicker doors or seal the gaps a bit better? I would still recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room with NO adjoining door to the next room to avoid noise issue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SFOtravelguy
Dear SFOtravelguy,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am glad to hear your feedback and it was great to learn that you enjoyed and were impressed by our well-known GLOW by Zinc hospitality and services. I am also delighted and honored to read your kind compliments that we have left you a feel of the famous trendy and chic “W hotel". Moreover I can assure that your words will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and keep on delivering the best service to our guest.

Nevertheless I am very thankful for your constructive feedback in relation to the noise insulation. It will be shared with the department concerned to look into and please rest assured that every effort will be made in order to find out the solution and to provide a flawless stay experienced to our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I indeed regret that this stay may have been somehow affected by these unfortunate noise issues, but it is my sincere hope that you will not let them mar your impression of our hotel.

SFOtravelguy, Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcome you again at GLOW Trinity Silom when your travel brings you back to Bangkok.