“Everything's Great, (Except for the Thin Door)”

Trinity Silom Hotel
Ranked #206 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel to/from Airport:
- Take the Airport Rail Link train from BKK to Phaya Thai (end of the line) about 30 mins , transfer to BTS Skytrain CHONG NONGSI. Exit and it's just a bit past the 7-11.
- I took a Taxi back to Suvarnabhumi at 5AM, it was about 30 mins, no traffic, B330 including Highway toll.

Check-In:
- Staff was pleasant and courteous, located my reservation quickly. A staff also walked me to my room and showed me the features of the room, nice touch.

Room:
- I was in the Deluxe room #416
- A good size room with all the standard amenities, Flat screenTV with satellite channels, in-room safe, A/C, comfortable bed, free water & tea, and various light settings.
- The bathroom has nice fixtures and glass partition design to open up the room, but the shower water splashing on the bathroom's wood door is slowing wearing out the paint.
- Access to free Wifi service was good.
- My room was on the 4th floor, it looked out to the next door older building and nearby buildings.
- Its location is tucked away from the main road, so external noise was minimal.

Pool:
- Pool is actually located in the Trinity Complex next door, it's an older apartment building and the pool is aging. But it's rare for a hotel to have access to a full size roof top pool. So it's great for serious swimmers to keep up with their work out.

Breakfast:
- Buffet breakfast was B180 and offered decent options.

Adjoining room door noise issue:
- Everything about my stay was great. My only issue was regarding the thin adjoining room door. My room was 416, and it's connected to room 418 next door.
1) The first morning, I was awaken by my neighbour's iPhone alarm clock at 7AM, he/she failed to wake up after 20 mins of ringing. I had to call the front desk to ask them to call his/her room to ask him/her to get up and turn off the alarm.
2) The same night, my new neighbour checked into their room just after midnight. They were chatting until 1:30AM. They were not purposely talking loud, just normal conversation voice. I can hear everything from them using a hair dryer, opening up their luggage, etc etc. I had to wake up at 5AM to catch my flight, so I was not rested at all that evening.
The rooms have hardwood floor, so the sound bounces around even more.... If possible ask for a room that is not joined.

Overall:
- It offers a "W-Hotel" vibe without the price tag, and its small size gives it a personal touch. I would've given this a 4-Star if it wasn't for the noise issue. Hope the management can invest in thicker doors or seal the gaps a bit better? I would still recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room with NO adjoining door to the next room to avoid noise issue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SFOtravelguy
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear SFOtravelguy,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am glad to hear your feedback and it was great to learn that you enjoyed and were impressed by our well-known GLOW by Zinc hospitality and services. I am also delighted and honored to read your kind compliments that we have left you a feel of the famous trendy and chic “W hotel". Moreover I can assure that your words will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and keep on delivering the best service to our guest.

Nevertheless I am very thankful for your constructive feedback in relation to the noise insulation. It will be shared with the department concerned to look into and please rest assured that every effort will be made in order to find out the solution and to provide a flawless stay experienced to our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I indeed regret that this stay may have been somehow affected by these unfortunate noise issues, but it is my sincere hope that you will not let them mar your impression of our hotel.

SFOtravelguy, Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcome you again at GLOW Trinity Silom when your travel brings you back to Bangkok.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Decent hotel in a good location, but not as glowing as others found it. On the plus side, the rooms were clean and quiet. The location is good, close to Chong Nosi Skytrain station. In addition, very close by are noodle shops, a food court, coffee, and a outdoor neighborhood market, which is actually kind of neat. There is a very good lap pool available for use in the fitness center across the street.

My big complaint was the internet speed was very slow, perhaps because of heavy rains, but beware if you are trying to get some work done over the net, as i was. The shower was ok but the pressure seemed to gulp every ten seconds or so. It appears corners were cut to save.... soap and shampoo was provided in pump bottles, which is ok, but neither lathered very well. Breakfast was ok, but the 'bacon' looked like little bricks of spam, and the orange juice was far far away from the tree.

overall, it was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dmp142
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear dmp142,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about the recent stay at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our room, hotel location, swimming pool and everything our location has to offer. I am however truly dissappointed and sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction experienced on some aspects of your stay about the speed of WiFi system, water pressure in shower room and the quality of breakfast buffet. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our products and I really appreciate your feedback.

Please rest assured that our department concerned will be addressed for all points mentioned in order to rectify the problems, so that improvements may be introduced where necessary.

Thank you once again for staying with us, I and the team still hope that you would choose to give us the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence at GLOW Trinity Silom sometime in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Someone else had booked my hotel in Bangkok originally in the old city which I was excited about to be near because of the history. However, it didn't take long to appreciate Glow, the area, and what it offers.

First of all, the area couldn't be much better. The hotel is located very close to the Chong Nonsi BTS sky train station. It's set back from the major roads and is difficult to find your first time there, which would probably be my only complaint. But by being set back, it's quiter than being on the main road. The hotel is in the midst of many small restaraunts and a lively street market which was always fun to walk thru.

The rooms are very efficient, have a desk with wifi if you need to work, a safe in the room, and a bathroom with plenty of amenities. I worked in my room a fair amount and it was just fine. There is an english speaking HBO station with good movies for some in room entertainment.

The staff was great. Very, very accommodating, always greeted me with a pleasant smile. There is a restaraunt called "foodies" associated with Glow that had good meals plus a breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was not extravagant, but had all the basics (eggs, pancakes/french toast, cereal, breads, juices, pastas, etc.) to start the day out right.

I started out my week there figuring this hotel would be okay but next time in Bangkok would try to get something near the palace. By the end of the week, I had changed my mind. This is where I will stay on future business trips and also when I come back and vacation with my wife.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rduinc

Dear rduinc,

Thank you for staying with us at GLOW Trinity Silom on your recent trip in Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and found our hotel comfortable, our location convenient and our staff friendly, attentive and helpful. It is also great to hear that our new breakfast concept at The FooDie was up to your expectation. I would also recommend you to try our newly opened retail restaurant in the hotel lobby "Peony Tea Lounge" where offers Italian / Thai fusion dishes with a variety of tea selections in a cozy and relaxed atmosphere on your next visit with us.

rduinc, I am more than happy to hear that GLOW Trinity Silom will be definitely included on your next itinerary to Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stunning hotel, excellent customer service at a very reasonable price. The nicest place we stayed in all of Thailand! The rooms were spacious, clean and modern with wifi throughout and had a lovely big pool.

The only problem that we had was with the spa - mediocre to say the least.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear nmcmcm,

Thank you for posting the kind review of GLOW Trinity Silom about your recent visit with us.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the room and facilities provided at the next door building Trinity Complex especially the swimming pool. It is also great to hear that you were impressed by our well-know hospitality and services. Plase rest assured that your valuable feedback about the spa has been noted and will be forwarded to their management team for implementing the necessary improvements.

nmcmcm, I appreciate your taking the time to give us your great comments and valuable feedback. I certainly hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcoming you back with us again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

newly upgraded, the rooms are very spacious and extremely clean, close to shopping and patpong yet far enough to be quiet. the staff were freindly and very helpful, ask for bee her attention to detail was on the mark, all in all a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear ray h,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by the room design, cleanliness, hotel location and especially the services received from Khun Bee our Guest Service Agent. Your warm comment will be passed to her and entire team in order to encourage their efforts in delivering the best services to our guests.

I truly appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

small hotel and a small price to pay ,but I was upgraded to their new premier wing room at no extra cost, thanks to their lovely sweet manager, AO..
do not expect breakfast(if included) to be better than any Heritage Hotel or I-residence just a few steps across from Glow Trinity. Simple offering..
No bathtub for the premier room(dun know why) but Io think the spacious room makes up for any guest who prefer big room.
Everything in the room seems to work very well, maybe it is newly renovated, aircon very cold(at 25 C, feels like 19 C), there is a small supermarket besides the hotel, where you can find any basics stuffs you need.. Stay now,maybe can get upgrade to new premier room!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roland540
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Roland A,

Thank you very much for writing a review on your recent stay at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am glad in learning that you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, and particularly for complimenting Khun Ao our Duty Manager. I also liked to hear that you liked our new Premier room and the hotel location. Your comments on the breakfast have been noted, and I will have briefed the owner of FooDie restaurant to see where improvements can be made for a more satisfying guest experience. I however would recommmend you to try our another retail restaurant "Peony Tea Lounge" located in the lobby area where offers Italian-Thai fusion dishes. If you are a tea lover, do not miss to try the set of their afternoon tea next time you are back.

Further to your query for bathtub, kindly note that the bathtub is only available in our Executive Suite which I would also like to suggest you to try our Executive Suite on your next visit with us where offers fully enjoy showering and bathing comfort in the nice bathtub.

Once again, thank you for choosing our GLOW Trinity Silom and I hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcome you back with us in the not so distant future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my third trip to Thailand and I am so lucky I found the Glow Trinity Hotel on Tripadvisor. After staying in a few very average places I can't stress how much this Hotel has improved the quality of my most recent trip to Bangkok. The rooms are clean and spacious and the price is very reasonable. The television is large and there is a DVD and the hotel lets you borrow great movies to watch in your room. The little fridge and tea and coffee making facilities in the room are very handy and the bed and different variety of pillows are comfortable. One of the main things I noticed about this hotel compared to other similar priced places I have stayed is that everythig works and is well maintained - air conditioner/elevator etc and the toilet and drains don't block or smell (like the last two places I stayed).

Above all, the thing that makes this Hotel so good is the staff. They are so friendly and will go out of their way to help in any way they can. In particular, Jeng is amazing! This hotel is so lucky to have him working there. He would have to be the nicest person I have ever met and so clever when it came to sorting out issues.

The staff are always smiling and able to come up with solutions to any problem. They also reccomend things truthfully. I experienced some problems such as transfering money from Australia, left my wallet at the train station (stupid I know) and also left my passport in a shop. None of this was too hard for them to resolve and everything was returned and found and I can't believe the effort they went to to look after me. They would check my appointment times for me, help me learn the right prices for things (like taxi trips etc) and they even offered to called the factory where I bought my suits just to to make sure they arrived on time before I returned home. Other stand out staff are Por (he helped me get back my passport). Pream (who would make sure my work phone calls were directed to me when I was in different parts of the hotel) and the night man Yakk (ready with a smile at any time to help you carry things). Bee, Ton, Kwang and Au were also wonderful.

I highly reccomend this hotel and it is definitely where I will be staying again when I return to BangkoK

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear francyful,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent visit at GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our specious room with in-room amenities and facilities provided. Moreover I am very proud to hear that our team members had made your stay the most memorable one which I will be more than happy to pass on your sweet words to all of our staff especially the Front Office team Khun Por, Khun Pream, Khun Yakk, Khun Bee, Khun Ton, Khun Kwang, Khun Au and of course Khun Jeng our new Front Office Manager. It is most rewarding for me and the team to get such a great feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

francyful, once again thank you for choosing our GLOW Trinity Silom and I hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcome you back with us, and make your future visits just as pleasant as this recent one was.