“Spicy!”

Ranked #181 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Richterswil, Zurich, Switzerland
“Spicy!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were in five star hotels all over Europe and must say we were amazed how at such a price people smile and deliver excellent service. Khun Pok, the Bell Man receives special attention as he was very attentive and always asked how we are and where we were going. The rooms have nice design as all other reviews say and are very clean.

As it was our honeymoon, we had a nice set-up during our arrival and were escorted from the car to the room without passing the taxi. We were then told this was because of the limo pick-up.

The location of course is in the middle of the city and yet a little behind where it is quiet.

We fully enjoyed our stay and look forward to come back when the new wing is open.

• Stayed December 2011
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Dear JoelCavin,

Thank you very much for your new review. I am highly thankful for your loyalty not only to GLOW but also to TripAdvisor by posting another positive review about your stay with us.

I was delighted to meet you during your stay and receive some feedback directly from you. I am glad that you are returning to us not only because of our location and product, but more importantly because of our service.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent 2 nights based on a review that it was quiet. The room was clean enough but for a non-smoking room, finding a lot of cigarette butts just outside the window the morning after explained the faint stale smell lingering in the room. The bed also creaked with every turn but after a long flight, we were too tired to request a room change. Our lower floor room had pigeons wheezing loudly in the morning as well. Hot water was warm at its best. All in all, GLOW was a quiet, decent stay with polite staff and a short walk to BTS sky train. Good value for money if you want just a reasonable place to sleep for a few nights.

Room Tip: Request higher floor and check your bed for creaking.
1 Thank essensual
Dear essensual,

Thank you very much for the review and the time it took to post.

I am highly thankful for your critical feedback as this sort of feedback is exactly what we seek to improve our services and products. I have already checked for myself and implemented a new procedure to solve that issue. Nevertheless, I was very delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you again with us in the future and the chance to meet you in order to thank you for your help to our continuous improvement. Thank you

Warm regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Good value,excellent located beside the Slytrain Chong Nonsi.
The pool facilities are fine,Staff very helpful.DVD free borrow system works fine
Breakfasts at the Foodie Restaurant bland.
(Go for coupon Thai food Restaurant to the right,for inexpensive but heavenly freshly cooked Thai food)Also Lec's Seafood restaurant beside access stairs to Chong Nonsi.
Reception staff,helpful,free access to internet anytime is divine.
As they say a stay at the Glow ",just as it says on the tin",unassuming excellent location & staff.
If I were to improve anything ,I would recommend that the Management "have available a small supply of the Free Skytrain Maps" at the hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the lifts preferred
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WileyCoyote2
Dear WileyCoyote2,

Thank you very much for the great review and the time it took to post.

I was very pleased to read about your experience with us. I am glad that you liked our free rental DVD system and hope it provided you with a relaxed in-room entertainment evening. I have also taken your comment about the free skytrain maps to heart and already implemented them to our service. Guests are now even able to purchase their BTS one day passes directly at the reception.

I hope that you will come back to GLOW in the near future and that I receive the chance to meet you personally.

UK
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Really recommend or central location, great value and if youre a swimmer..the rooftop pool (on adjacent building) is fantastic!

1 Thank DandMtravel
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear DandMtravel,

Thank you very much for the positive review and the time it took for your to post.

I am highly delighted to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us and will recommend our hotel to others. You are right, the roof top swimming pool, even if in adjacent building, is a highlight in itself. In fact it is the largest rooftop hotel swimming pool in Bangkok. Nevertheless, we are currently working on our newly added hotel wing, which will also feature a rooftop gym and a nice terrace with spectacular view.

I am hoping to welcome you back with us soon and thank you once again for the positive words.

Glasgow
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed in GLOW for 3 nights from 11th - 14th of December and it was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the door man POK who made us fell special and took great care of us. The rooms were very clean and spacious. For the price I think it is the best value you will get in Bangkok. I have been 4 times to Bangkok and GLOW is the only hotel I would return to. I had an ipod dock which was great for charging my phone and the pool across the road was great for catching a bit of sun poolside. The only downside was no bar but as the location is so perfect for silom its not a big deal and we managed to walk to most of the places we wanted to go to. Well done GLOW and I will be back. Thanks again Pok ;)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kirstyskinner1982
Dear Kirstyskinner1982,

Wow, what a fantastic review. Thank you very much for those wonderful words.

I was highly pleased to learn that you fully enjoyed our hotel and services. Our new GLOWing Star Khun Pok is certainly a valuable asset to us. I appreciate your recognition and will bring your positive words directly to him.

Once again, thank you very much for the good review. I am already looking forward to welcome you back, and hopefully meet you personally.

Warm regards,
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Situated on a quiet soi, it's still near skytrain, shopping and nightlife. Room a bit small but sufficient. Attentive staff, good food at restaurant. The 50 meter pool is at an adjacent building, but the small nuicance of walking there is definately worth it. When we were there we often had it to our selves, or with just a few other persons. The gym, which is next to the pool, is just fine. Only downside I can think of is that most rooms doesn't have any view to speak of and that you have to walk 5-10 min to skytrain or a main street. It is a bit hard for taxis to find, but ask to go to the Trinity complex and I think more cab drivers will find their way.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear Gestalter,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and your time invested in it.

I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and found our associates to be attentive and polite. We are always striving towards the best for our guests, and our associates truly live that philosophy.

I hope to welcome you back with us again in the future.

Frizington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in early December and were very impressed, the rooms were clean and the food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced.The staff on the front desk were polite and helpful, would most certainly stay again

Room Tip: it might be better to book direct with the hotel for the best prices
Dear latch,

Firstly, I thank you for the time it took to post a review. Every review counts and you are helping us in achieving higher levels. Thank you.

Moreover, I am thankful for the good words about our hotel and our associates. I would hope to receive the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

If I could be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.