All reviews saphan kwai mo chit street food stalls victory monument room was large chatuchak bts
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The style of the hotel lived up to the website. Lot of thought and time has gone into the hotel to make it unique. Staff very attentive. Relaxed atmosphere in lobby and coffeeshop. Food very good.

Unfortunately the elevator was broken and our room, 'Bloom' was on the top floor.

Room was very large but under-maintained. There were not a great deal of plants and flowers as indicated by website, there were large areas of bare concrete floor, and the pots on the balcony were full of weeds. Also air-con not great quality. Unfortunately this room failed to meet my expectation of being an oasis in the concrete jungle of Bangkok.

The location is good for Don Mueang Airport, Immigration Office and Bang Sue Railway Junction, and next door to hotel are several wonderful and cheap Isaan eateries. A good walk to Metro station and Chatuchak market. Short taxi ride to temples and to Khao San Road. Not a good location for Sukhumvit nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwbabyjoe
Reviewed October 11, 2012

this is my 1st bangkok trip and i am so impress for this small boutique hotel with all differ type of rooms for customer to choose;
i stay 2 nites and front desk beauty let me choose differ type of hotel room which i can experienced 2 differ of this artistic hotel
i found myself go back to 60's those type of hotel rooms
and also the breakfast is another thing i was impressed, very delicious, and i never think i will have such good food in this small hotel
but location a bit hard to find,
overall is satisfied

Room Tip: any room got differ style n decoration
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kankan148
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We recently had 4D3N accomodation in 3 themed rooms in Mystic Place Rooms in Bangkok last August 18-21, 2012. Our holiday in Bangkok was made extra-special with our great choice of hotel.

Location : They're few minutes away from Chatuchak Weekend Market, BTS-Saphan Kwai Station & MRT that will instantly take you from your destination in Bangkok. We arrived via bus from Penang-Hat Yai-Bangkok route & Mystic Place is also near Mo Chit Central Bus Station which can take any traveler in any part of Thailand. Mystic Place provides FREE tuk tuk shuttle service to their guest to Chatuchak and BTS, this spells convenience!

Service : The staff were warm & friendly, very quick and helpful; they even extend their aid in hailing a taxi cab for guests whenevever preferred. Since we sampled 3 different hotel themed rooms, we only needed to pack and prepare our luggage and bags, and they took care of the transfer from the room to the next.

Food : If you like western food, they have bacon, eggs, cereals, ham, veggies, yoghurt, fruits, and more in the breakfast spread. If you're into local Thai food, they have noodle dish too, or you can sample pad thai and other Thai dishes from Mystic Cafe. They serve good coffee and smoothies too!

Rooms : They have 36 artistic-themed rooms and we're lucky to experienced 3! We reserved 2 rooms for our 4D3N accomodation about 2 months before, but when we arrived early and availed of the early check in, it made our stay even better for we sampled 3 rooms instead of 2. :)
The bed is huge in Superior Rooms (even larger perhaps in Deluxe Rooms), we're 3 and we could fit in with extra huge space on the bed! Rooms are provided with split type air conditioning units, hot and cold water, however with only tea making facilities and no coffee. Wish they could provide sachets of coffee too with creamer & sugar if it's not too much to ask. Interior designs are all quirky and fascinating, designed by local Thai artists!

Rates : Affordable at the truest sense of the word. We only paid less than 6000 baht for 4D3N including the additional rate for early check in of only 500 baht. That's a steal, isn't it?

Complimentary Services : Fast Wifi, Tourist Information, Tuk tuk shuttle service to Chatuchak, BTS-Saphan Kwai, MRT, Breakfast, Cable TV (although I think they need to update they're TV sets too to flat/LCD however, if this will cost a raise in the rates, might as well forget it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank docgelo
Eric H, Manager at Mystic Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Docgelo,
Thank you very much for your review.
We appreciate it very much and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to have the pleasure of having you back soon.
Best regards
Tuk

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I chose this hotel due to it's convenience to the JJ market and stayed just one night. The theme of this hotel is an acquired taste and not really my thing. I booked on line and chose a room that I thought would be nice and plain. It was on the top floor and was of very poor quality for the money so I asked for another room. The staff were lovely and obliging and I moved to the jewelry room which was quite OK. I thought the rooms were starting to look a little weary and due for an update. The room was very clean and spacious but lacking light and a little noisy for me. However as I mentioned the staff were great and the service of the shuttle to the market every 1/2 hr was brilliant. Breakfast gave a lot of choices and was good quality for the price. I think this hotel was good value for money based on the location, cleanliness and great staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lildal

Dear Donna L.
Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our associates.
Rooms are quirky and different so just as you noticed not all rooms suit all tastes, but we usually find something to cater to most. We are also gradually upgrading and renovating facilities.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Tuk and the Mystic team.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friend and I had only one day to stay and shop in Bangkok on our way back home to Melbourne, and chose Mystic Place, as the hotel is close to the Chatuchak markets, and offer a free shuttle service every half hour.

We arrived at 6am after a long train ride from Chumphon and what a treat we were in for! The staff are incredibly friendly, sincere, and accommodating - better service than any 5 star resort we stayed in for sure. The rooms are very spacious and the decor transforms what could be an average and boring stock standard place to stay into something cosy and friendly with a great energy. The place is also clean and tidy and we found no problems there at all.

After a long day of shopping we returned to collect our luggage on the way back to the airport, and the friendly staff also offered us the opportunity to use one of the rooms to take a shower and freshen up before our flight - even though we had already checked out earlier that day - this made a great difference to us and we were so grateful! It's the little touches like these that make Mystic Place a great place to stay - that, and its kooky and cute style give the place a lovely warm feel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Bangkok for a few days to shop til they drop!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank knk14
Eric H, Director at Mystic Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear knk 14,
Thank you for your fantastic review.
Tuk with her family and team try to make all our guests comfortable.
It is always nice to hear when these efforts are recognised.
I am sure many people who read your review will consider us for their next Bangkok stop. Thank you very much.