All reviewschatuchak marketsaphan kwaiunique roomssoft towelsstreet foodmo chitminute walkhuge roomvictory monumentbts
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We spent 1 night here during a weekend shopping trip to Bangkok.
Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, very cute and colourful rooms, and a really nice breakfast.
It is a fair bit of a walk to the closest BTS station (about 10mins) but the hotel offers regular and free transport to the station via their own tuk tuk.
Apart from the lovely breakfast which is included in the price they also have free Wi-fi internet.
What you get for the price certainly beats what you get with the 5 star hotel chains.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Hotel is small, but cosy. The quirky "themed rooms" and fantastic staff only add to the charm! Although it's a little outside the main down-town Bangkok area, it's about a 5 minute walk from the MRT station and Chatuchak Markets. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the road as the traffic never seems to die down. We still found this hotel and our "Birds Nest" themed room to be fantastic. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: "Birds Nest" room is spacious and comes with a separate lounge area and balcony, however its facing the main road so traffic noise is heavy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RWeldt
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Rooms with individual style and very friendly and helpful staff. They have their own tuk tuk to take you to the chatuchak markets. Also very convenient for the sky train.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was given a very warm reception by the extremely capable staff, they spared no effort to make my my time there as comfortable as possible. Especially helpful with my transportation requirements.

Room Tip: don't bring a car
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank thomas p
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed 4 nights there, 2 nights @ room 211, another 2 nights @ room 409.
We asked the hotel to pick us up from the airport, so that we don't have to worried about the transport & location while carrying luggage & lots of camera equipment with us. The pick-up service from airport is 900BHT.

The staff there was super friendly! Whenever we ask them anything or just chatting with them, although English is not their native language, but they will still try their best to communicate with us, which I was so impressed by this. And when we told them where we are going, they will also let us know what should we aware of or when is the best time to go there, and lots of travel tips!

A lot of people do comment that they would LOVE to stay at each room, so Mystic Place actually allow the guest to change room for once, if you stay more than 3 nights there. So tada, we booked 2 rooms. When changing room, we don't have to worried about anything, they ask us to pack everything, they will just move for us - which is very good for us, so that we don't have to do the check in & out and can also continue our plan to discover Bangkok!

Rooms was so huge, I can even roll myself here and there. It was clean too, don't have to worried bout the hospitality at all! While staying there I don't feel like staying in a hotel, more like staying in an apartment! Everything was so cozy and warm! Make sure to check on their website (http://www.mysticbangkokhotel.com/) to view all the rooms! And ya, they have free wifi in the rooms, so i can just watch youtube or tweet some picture to twitter while staying there!

The massage service is just beside the lobby. I LOVE the massage so much and totally worth for the price! I remember one night, we can decide what kind of massage we want. I wan the foot & body massage & B want the shoulder & body massage, so they massage our body but my foot & B's head for extra! *so good right?*

Another fantastic reason why I love Mystic Place so much is, outside the hotels there are LOTS of street food and of course, 7-11! Wanton-noodles, pork noodles, kuch-chap, thai coffee, thai style bread, pork chop and etc! I cant even finish trying all the street food there. It is so convenient, after watching movies in the hotel room, can just go outside for some supper!

As for the location, it is really close from Chatuchak Weekend Market (just 3 minutes away if you take the hotel tuk-tuk) but if you would like to go to the Grand Palace or malls like MBK or Siam Paragon, it would need longer time. We took the cab to Grand Palace on a Sunday Morning, it took us about 15 minutes (time is totally depends on the traffic). Skytrain (BTS) from station Saphan Khawi to National Stadium (MBK) is just 10 minutes away.

Tip #1 : Bring along the hotel card to show to tuk-tuk / cab drivers where is the hotel location.
Tip # 2 : When you want to go back to hotel from Chatuchak, walk back to where the tuk-tuk left you and cross the road to opposite direction and take the cab / tuk-tuk from there. It skipped the U-turn outside the market, which is really jam in the afternoon.
Tip #3 : If you want to go back to hotel from commercial area, take the cab that is yellow/green color. We stopped few pink color cabs, and they refuse to take us.

I will definitely stay there if i'm going back to Bangkok! Totally worth the price :)

Room Tip: We've book room 211 & 409. Room 211 was normal but they have cute duckies pillows there and I love the idea of the toilet. They turn a staircase to the toilet! It was so brillant that I can just sit on the stairs and shower :p Love room 409 so much! They have a huge rainbow from wall to wall! But the toilet have no door! They have sticky notes & pencil to let the guest leave a message to them, which is so lovely. So people are afraid of cold like me, you might want to switch off the a/c while you shower.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple