“Value for Money”

Ranked #39 of 667 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Value for Money”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Total value for money. Great location.. especially if you have come to Bangkok for shopping.. its bang on the night market, very close to Indra Market.. so you dont have to travel far with your shopping bags.. Its a no frills hotel, but for the money you pay, its the best you can get. The hotel offers a free half day tour... but please inform them of your choice before hand, so that they can make the necessary arrangements... we unfortunately could not avail of it, as we were only there for 1 day... :(
The only negative point that I would like to mention was that we needed water at night, but the receptions told us that the room service person has left for the day, so they cannot provide water. We had to go to the 7-11 and get water.
The staff are extremely curtious, friendly and fluent in English.

Overall... a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pc_unicorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nice hotel, nice service, good breakfast!
The hotel staffs are so friendly, offered us so much help!
Any room is good!
They have blue, pink, yellow, purple rooms for you to pick!

Weekdays it have morning market (whole sale only, 3pcs and above) from 4am - 8am, you can shop from 6am to 8am then head back for breakfast! Then on Sunday from 6am til late night.
So much to shop!

It is walking distance to platinum mall, and you may hop on a bus to Chinatown or central world for more shopping!

Downside is that we had a hard time to locate the hotel as it was hidden inside an alley. The signage was confusing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KelleGoh
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is definitely a hotel for the serious shoppers. Unfortunately, that does not apply to me.

The location is central enough to the Pratunam wholesale shopping district. It was too chaotic for me and totally beyond my element. However, those who love a good bargain will find this hotel one of the better value hotels in the shopping district of Pratunam.

Right in the heart of Pratunam wholesale market and a 5-min walk away from Platinum mall, Budacco offers a colourful haven for the traveller. The rooms are brightly lit and coloured. I have requested for a blue room on my booking through Agoda and was indeed provided with the room upon arrival. The check-in, however, was delayed. I got there about 12:30pm and was told that the room is not ready as the guests are still in the room. I was informed to come back at 2pm. As I was itching to explore some places around the vicinity, that did not bother me much. I left my backpack in their care and headed out to Suan Pakkard Museum.

Upon my return to Budacco at 2:30pm, the room was ready. For women, you'll be pleased to know that they do provide a hair dryer in the room! For a solo traveller like myself who is often out exploring the area, I have definitely under-utilised the amenities in the room.

Food isn't that great at the hotel although they do provide breakfast in the mornings between 7am to 10am and the dining area is generally packed then. I thought the scrambled eggs dish was fine and went well with toast.

Service was faultless. Staff were helpful and friendly. Then again, the Thais are generally a patient and gentle lot. However, I will not be staying at Budacco next time since I find myself irritated with having to navigate through the crowd and traffic on my way to the main roads. That is a personal gripe but otherwise, I will definitely recommend this hotel to those who love shopping and being in the heart of the shopping district.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alicheng
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Ideally situated 2mn walking distance from Platinum mall this small hotel is very quiet in the middle of the busy market zone.
The rooms are very clean and spacious, the beds are surprisingly wide.
Price includes breakfast which is quite good.
Hotel staff are very helpful and gentle.
In summary the best possible location if the purpose of your Bangkok trip is shopping as the location is perfect and the price will not harm your shopping budget.

• Stayed August 2012
Malaysia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had decided to book this hotel for my first time travel to Bangkok as I read a lot of the good review for this hotel.

If you are there for a shopping trip, the hotel's location was definitely strong and suitable. The wholesale market right below the hotel that operates from morning 4am till midnight; 10 minutes walk to Platinum mall, 15-20 minutes walk to Central World and Big C.

Average breakfast with limited choice, but it could be accepted with the low room rate. Free wifi service, very strong connection as they have provided modems on each floor. Room was big and clean but with a small toilet; the sink is outside the toilet was just made me felt uncomfortable.

Not recommended for women travellers because it needs to walk through a slightly dark street then will only arrived to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SamanthaTan
Singapore
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First visit to the hotel. Clean, reasonable pricing, good location, friendly & helpful staff. Free wifi available for me to check emails, upload phots anytime I want. You can get whatever you want at a very cheap price. My family & I enjoyed ourselves very much. Wil definitely visit again!! :)

Room Tip: Print out the directions for Budacco in Thai to show drivers. Its available @ their website.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ivythm
Reviewed July 19, 2012

i stayed here for 3 nights from 13-16 jul and it was a wonderful, wonderful experience! would definitely make this my choice hotel whenever im in bangkok again.

location: wonderful! located beside baiyoke sky hotel and right in the middle of the night market. street food galore! it's inside one of the alleys and not located right by the main streets so noise is no issue. 5-10 minute walk to platinum mall. tuk tuks and taxis readily available. airport rail is also nearby (can be a bumpy walk though) massage parlours nearby too. many 7-11s all around, so if you need anything you can always pick something up there

Staff: friendly, helpful, wonderful! on our last day, they saved us alot of trouble by offering us a van (1,300 baht) that would transport our entire party of 7 (including all our many baggages) to the hotel. slightly pricier than taxis, but saved us alot of hassle. we were always greeted with a smile!

buffet breakfast: small selection (western style), but you're in thailand! go feast on the awesome street food.

room: clean, big enough, colour themed rooms (we got the pink room as per request) - they have different coloured rooms on the same floor, so if youre travelling in a grp everyone can get the room colour of their choice. basic toiletries were provided - towels, shower gel and shampoo, no toothbrushes.

misc: oh, free wi-fi! they have wifi modems on each floor so no worries about poor connection. the hotel doesnt offer money changing too. international plugs available, so no worries about forgetting to bring your adaptors

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family