“Definitely will be back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budacco

Budacco
Ranked #32 of 606 Bangkok B&B and Inns
singapore
“Definitely will be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

It's clean, new, tidy & cosy. The floor is not carpet which make is so comfortable to walk on barefooted. Room color is soothing. I requested for my fav color and it feels so at home. All the staffs are so helpful. When we asked for suggestion, they are well informed. Helped us write in Thai language to show taxi drivers.

Variety of breakfast is not a lot but the food is delicious. Especially scrambble eggs.

Direction to hotel. Standing @ Baiyoke Sky entrance. Back facing Baiyoke Sky. Cross the road & walk straight towards Pratunum. Turn right @ the first turn. Walk straight, shortly, turn right @ first turn again. Walk all the way in. By now, you shld be able to see Budacco Signage.

Most important to me : Free Wifi in room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aprlim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

On this stay, they put me on the 8th floor and the elevator only goes until the 7th. I have to climb a flight of stairs every time which I really don't mind. The location is nice if you love shopping like I do, it's very close to Pratunam and Platinum Mall. They have free wifi and really clean and nicely decorated rooms.

For the bad part, I didn't like the noise from a Cricket game that was going on next door/building - not really their fault but they didn't exactly do anything to improve the situation either. I had to wait for about an hour or two until the game ended so I can sleep. Be wary of the guy that helps you with your luggage when you check out if he hails a Taxi for you. I don't know if he gets commission, doesn't seem like it but he and the Taxi driver agreed on charging me a flat rate for going to another area of Bangkok which was expensive, probably double or a third more of the normal rate. I've stayed in different hotels and the person that helps me with my bags would always insist on the meter with the Taxi driver that they hail from the street.

Now, I'm unsure if I would still book this hotel. I might try different ones in the same area next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

highly recommended budget hotel. location right in the heart of pratunam, rooms are clean, breakfast though limited but delicious, most important is, the staffs are super friendly & helpful! great smiles n very polite. can speak understandable english n surprising services in small small details. Impressive, will defiinitely choose & recommend Budacco! 2 thumbs up up up! greetings from Malaysia :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Welcome drink is served upon arrival. The hotel required a deposit of 1000 baht during check in. The room is simple and clean. I stayed at level 3 blue colour room. The curtain is abit sheer. The basin is next to the wardrobe. The dressing table is next to the tv. There is a safe deposit box and bench in the room. However no toothbrush and toothpaste provided, hard bed. Everday they served very basic american breakfast buffet. Sometimes they served curry chicken, rice, porridge, fried noodle & potato.

The hotel is within walking distance to Platinum mall and Pratunam market. Nearest BTS Ratchathewi is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from Platinum mall. If taking taxi at night, just stop at Baiyoke Sky. It's 2 minutes walk to Budacco.

During check out, the hotel staff helped us to carry our luggage and hailed a meter taxi for us. The taxi driver didn't use the toll road. It took about 40 minutes to reach the airport and cost 200 bahts. But from airport to Budacco we were caught in traffic jam, took about 1 hour to reach and cost 370 bahts including airport surcharge.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Generally, this is a pretty okie Hotel (perhaps it's still new). Room is clean and bright, but there is no dressing table and sink is located right beside the TV, (which is kind of stupid) hence we always have to take cautious not to sprinkle water onto the TV.

However, I think it is much overrated. And at the end of our stay, We were cheated by the bell boy who offerered to hail a cab for us to the airport at a flat rate. He actually collected a tip from the driver. And he quoted the driver a price much more than he told us. Luckily we clarified with the driver and managed to reach a consensus. However, that was already when we were on board the cab. And throu out the journey to the airport, the driver was continuous rattling about being cheated etc. We felt really cheated on our part as well for giving the bell boy a tip where he already took the money from the driver.

As our stay with Budacco has ended, we know that there isn't much for them to compensate us, but despite informing this incident to Budacco, we do not feel that they are sincere in responding to this matter.

I'm pretty sure I will not be back, considering there are alot of hotels nearby at similar rates.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank pighoho
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

Its a nice hotel and the entire stay was really great! It was abit difficult to find initially, but from baiyoke sky to budacco is really easy and distance is short after you got use to it.

Staff were really very nice and friendly. A glass of orange juice for everyone upon check in and i thought it was really welcoming of them! The staff and hotel made me feel so at home it doesnt feel like a hotel, it's really cosy. Either the security or the staff will open the door for you whenever you're back. It's not scary to walk back alone as there are pasar malam around that area and quite a few roadside stalls selling food. Breakfast was good as well, egg, ham and hotdog will be served daily, and the 2 main course will change daily. You can get the staff to actually call the cab for you upon checkout. They will bring the luggage all the way to the taxi point for you, which is around less then 100m away.

Cons of the hotel would mainly be the water volume of the shower head. It was really small and I found it abit difficult to bath with that volume, especially for girls with long hair. I think they will actually lower the volume of the water near night time? Was gg to bath at 2am and the water volume is barely enough for me to rinse my hand. And in the morning, there was no water at all, but it resume 5mins later after I've made a call down.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel although the location is abit weird. My entire stay just got better because of the friendly staff! And of course of the free wifi! =)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
inbaly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed here in December. I must say that the hotel was a bit hard to find. In addition, our room was so-so. The bathroom sink was inside the bedroom, which was a bit odd. Also, some minor cracks and things were evident. The breakfast was good, and so were the people that work there. I saw a room being cleaned and checked it out...it was MUCH better than ours. With that said, only stay here if you have the best room option! Lastly, it is a bit loud at night. It was OK but I would not recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple