“Expected much more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #190 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Frankfurt, Germany
“Expected much more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

It is a nice Hotel. It's very clean and modern looking, has a perfect location in a quiet soi. We arrived very early that morning and had to wait until noon to check in. No room available, they said. I did book a twin bed room, I got the confirmation in January, but then not the room. The internet shows a room with a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. there was no, only a very small balcony with two ac. The room itself was so dark, we had to switch on the light all the time.
The rooms are nice decorated, the furniture is nice and the kitchen well equipped. Nice washingmaschine!
The bathroom is very small, every time I used the toilett I hurt my knee. Shower is big and very nice, takes some time for hot water, but then it is hot!
After a long travel we liked to sleep, but the door to the hotel room is not sealed and there is light and noise from the outside. I always thought people are walking straight trough our room.
The ac in the room is extremely loud. for a few days we had the problem when we opened the door to the balcony, the ac stopped working. But it was fixed after two days.
Breakfast is very nice, not many things to choose, but everthing is very fresh and dishes change every day. Coffee and eggs are prepared fresh, excellent!!
What I did like very much in this Hotel, everybody is very nice, friendly and helpful. 5 Stars for the stuff, but not more than 3 for the hotel

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Majinder_Kaur_, General Manager at Phachara Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
Dear Masakhi,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on our Trip Advisor page. We are sorry to hear that you had to bear with inconvenience during your stay.
I would like to also further address the issue of the twin beds. The property does provide twin beds in selective categories but the One Bedroom Deluxe you had booked cannot fit a twin bed as also advised on our travel agent websites. Twin beds are available in our One Bedroom Executive suites. Nevetheless, we do apologise for the unpleasant experience. We value your business. If we have the chance to accommodate you in future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on our website with suggestions so we can ensure that we improve your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Fiji Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

Thank you to the wonderful staff at Phachara Suites who made our last trip to Bangkok one to remember. My husband and I travel frequently for business and we can honestly say we have stayed in all types of accommodations. Upon arrival we were greeted with friendly smiles and our check in went quite smoothly as we had booked online. The room was exactly what we wanted, spacious and the layout was perfect, the overall design was modern with clean lines. The location was great since it is located close to everything, 7/11 across the street, Nana street walking distance and BTS close by. With the day being my birthday, when i got back to our room from shopping i was surprised to answer the door to a Happy Birthday song by the wonderful Staff and delicious Blueberry Cheesecake with Happy birthday on the top. A very pleasant surprise. We were able to sleep through the night when we finally got to bed and wake up late as we seem to always do..late check out not being a problem. Overall we had a great stay and will definitely recommend to our business associates and friends who stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear BFI-Trvl,
Thank you for posting kind words on our Trip Advisor page. We are delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations. Glad you enjoyed the cake - it was our pleasure. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on our website if we can further improve your next stay with us.
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I have stayed so many times in Bangkok. This property is located right in the heart of Sukhumvit Area.
Can walk to anywhere and don't have to work about traffic.
Quiet and home away feeling.
Good staff/attentive and willing to provide assistance at all time.
For sure, will come and stay with them again, Phachara Suites, Bangkok

• Stayed March 2010
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

I really wanted to like this hotel. It's very clean and modern looking, has a great location and bills itself as a five star. Honestly, I've had better accomodations and service from three stars in the same area.
First impressions and arrival; they could not find my reservation and insisted that I go to an Internet cafe to print it out even though I had my reservation voucher in hand. They kept asking if I had made a reservation. This was an annoyance but I deemed it minor as these things happen.
One hour later and I am in my room which is well appointed and of adequate size. I began to unpack and lay my clothes upon the shelves of the wardrobe. This is when I noticed a very distasteful smell and a layer of dust in all the drawers and on the shelves. I found this very odd and since my stay was short I kept my belongings in my suitcase.
Into the bathroom for a much needed shower after a day of travel. The first thing I noticed was that the shower is poorly designed and floods the bathroom. Also the tub was clogged and I had to call house keeping to solve the problem which took two hours. I mention this because it was not the fault of the prior occupant but a fault of the bathtub design. They had to dismatle the stopper to allow the tub to drain which means no bath, shower only and like I said, a huge puddle of water on the floor everytime.
First night of attempted sleep; the door to the hotel room is not sealed and thus light and noise from the hallway flood in at the top, bottom and both sides. Very bad craftsmanship. Also, the AC unit in the room is extremely loud. It does not seem to know when to turn on or off. It will run for five minutes and the then turn on and off for 30 seconds at a time for the next half hour. Very annoying and it kept me awake all night. Turning the thermostat up to 30 celcius had the same results as turning it down to 19 celcius. It seems to have a mind of it's own.
Second day after returning to my room I found the card key did not work. I went to the front desk and went through a procedure similar to checking in. I finally just had to smile and say, no more questions please, I just want to go back to my room and rest.
Overall, the location is good but this is far from a five star hotel. The staff, although nice, seem to have no clue what's going on. I've had better accomodations and far superior service for less than half the price here. I was hoping my last few days in Bangkok I would pamper myself to a luxury hotel. I was sorely disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Greasykorean
Majinder_Kaur_, General Manager at Phachara Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
Dear GreasyKorean,

Thank you for posting a review on our page - although negative, your response is very much appreciated for a newly opened (since mid February) establishment like ours.
I am very sorry to hear we failed to meet with your expectations and that your brief stay with us has caused a negative impression about us.
However, I would like to apologise and at the same time share my comments on the inconvenience you have experienced.
I must firstly apologise that my staff had directed you to an internet cafe when our lobby is equipped with 2 sets of IMAC desktops located next to the front desk counter where we offer unlimited internet usage, with our compliments.
I am however, unable to comment on the distasteful smell in the room and dusty drawers. All our furniture is newly fitted. Still, I extend my apologies and wish we had addressed the issue with a humidifier. Once again, all the unpleasant incidents experienced are indeed regrettable. Your comments will certainly assist us to improve and it would be our goal to ensure that such unpleasant incidences do not recur. Our goal is to ensure the best service possible and my apologies that we were unable to achieve that for you………….Majinder Kaur / Manager