Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,053 results
All reviews phachara suites washer dryer executive studio swimming pool an upgrade balcony kitchenette bts nightlife gym taxis ms
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am here now for the 4th day. I LOVE this place, my room is so clean and quiet and spacious. I am totally excited. The service perfect. The location perfect. I never had in 37 visits to Bangkok a better place than here. Not easy to find a place elsewhere for value like this. I can only recommend to here. 5 Stars in ALL categories.

Room tip: Zimmer 704 is perfect
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Thaimichel
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Public Areas: Nice and modern. Minimalist, but functional. Kept clean. Nice that you can sit down in a chair when checking in and out.

Restaurant: (Sanook Cafe) Quite light and airy in design. I was a bit apprehensive about booking breakfast included in the rate after reading some reviews on here, however, breakfast was fine. Unless they've changed it substantially since other reviews were written, it's perfectly fine and more than adequate catering to a range of different cultural tastes. As a westerner you can get: cereals, toast, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages, ham, fruit juices, tea and coffee - what more do other reviewers want out of breakfast? Trust me - breakfast is fine here.

Pool: Nice area on the 8th floor. However, doesn't get a lot of sun as most of it is covered. Good for cooling off, however.

Location: Great location 3 minutes walk to Nana BTS station. Dark at night, but you'll be perfectly safe around here. Free tuk tuk to BTS every 30 mins on the hour and half hour until early evening. (When getting a taxi here the taxi needs to go down soi 4 and then turn left into soi 6 as soi 6 is one-way and cannot be accessed from Sukhumvit Road).
7-11 across the street which is convenient.
"Naughty nightlife area" of Nana is in Soi 4, so if you're a family with small children this might be worth considering.

Room: I had an executive studio. 16th floor. Nice view. Small balcony - very small! Only 2 elevators, but they responded quickly to pressing the button. Nicely furnished, although not what I would call 5 star. More like 3.5 star, but very "liveable". Also features the "Holy Grail" for travellers - a washing machine. Very convenient, and they provide instructions which are easy to use. Air conditioning was good and responsive to setting a desired temperature. Bed was very comfortable and nice linens. The room does seem a little strangely set-up with the bed pretty much in the centre of the room rather than the bed-head against the wall, but certainly it isn't an inconvenience. However, location of the TV is good for watching in bed but not good if you want to sit on the sofa and watch it - too far away. Kitchen area is not huge, but perfectly functional. Unless you're on a long-stay there, with so much food around the hotel (and so cheap!) you probably won't need to cook there. Limited mini bar provided in the room. Rooms feature an easy-to-use safe.Bathrobe and slippers provided in the room too.

Bathroom: Practical rather than stylish. Separate shower unit and also shower over bath (which you probably wouldn't use as there is no shower curtain there). Water pressure in shower was pretty good and more than adequate, but not extremely strong.

Internet: WIFI worked very well and was fast. However, it seems they only offer WIFI for free if you book direct. Starting at 300B per day and getting slightly cheaper if you take a longer package this is something for people to consider. I guess they offer it for free when booking direct as they don't have to pay commission to travel companies and booking websites. With so many other hotels in the area offering free WIFI this can add up to quite a saving when staying for more than a few days. Would be a very good move for them to start offering it for free, but I guess it's a good money earner for them. However, with more and more hotels in the area offering it for free, hopefully this will lead to Phachara Suites doing the same. It just seems mean and miserly to not offer this in 2012!

Staff: Firstly, let me say that I sent 2 emails to the "CONTACT ME" section on their website, however neither of these were replied to at all.

Restaurant, bell hops and door staff and also housekeeping staff were lovely, friendly and seemed to do all they can to help you out.

Front desk staff, however, are in desperate need of some customer service training! Especially the two female staff members who seem to work the daytime (7am-3pm) shift.
These two seem to have a rather "notorious reputation" and other reviewers have mentioned negative things regarding dealing with them. I believe I am easy to deal with and flexible, however these two ladies seemed to think that the guests were there for their own benefit and were somewhat of a burden to their day. When waiting my turn to be served, one of the ladies greeted each guest by merely saying" YES?" is a curt voice as they approached the desk. She would make a good drill sergeant in the army! I don't think I saw them smile or be friendly the whole time I stayed there. Working in the travel and hospitality industry myself I do notice these things and I am not being melodramatic or over-stating things at all.

My own negative experience with them was an interesting one - I requested a late check-out of 4.00pm as I wasn't feeling well and I happily said I would pay for. I didn't expect it for free. I was told that the hotel was full that night and it wasn't possible even being willing to pay for it. During this conversation a Thai guest came up to the desk and asked for the same thing (in Thai). He was told he could have a late check-out for free with no problem. Obviously the two ladies didn't think that being western I could speak Thai (which I can). I then asked the lady why the other guest could have a free late check-out and I couldn't have one despite offering to pay for it. I was told quite curtly (after a long pause from her before answering) that he was in a higher room category which costs more money so therefore he was entitled to it. I then (politely) asked if a higher room category makes a guest more important than one in a lower category and was responded to with only a shrug of the shoulders.

Yes, in $ terms he probably is more important, but in the hospitality industry all guests should be equal in terms of receiving good service - regardless of room type booked.

I know this property has a western General Manager who has commented previously when responding to reviews that "re-training" would be undertaken with these two staff. If this has occurred, then the "re-training" hasn't worked at all! (I'm not an overly fussy person and I do make a big allowance for staff in all cases, but their attitude really has to be questioned and they need to ask themselves if working in hospitality is really the right niche for them).

So, is it a good place to stay?
Yes it is if you want a clean, comfortable room with a decent breakfast and reasonable facilities in a good location. But don't stay here expecting a "wow" experience from the service side of things - especially the front desk. The rooms are good value for the price, however there are a lot of other hotels in this area for the same money which are more modern, have free WIFI and feature staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It's not a bad choice at all, but there are better options in the area for the same price.

Room tip: Request a room with a high floor - less traffic noise from Sukhumvit Road. Watch out for the "lazy" taxi drivers who sit outside the front of the hotel. Never take these guys with their over-inflated prices to the airport - 600 baht? No way! Flag down a taxi driving past and ask if he'll use the meter before you get in. It should be about 250 baht plus 70 baht in expressway tolls to the airport). The lazy drivers are quite intimidating if they see you doing this, but don't get angry, just ignore them. (Really - hotels in BKK should do something about these sharks!)
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Lachlan72
nathalie_post, General Manager at PARKROYAL Suites Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Lachlan72,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback on your last stay at the Phachara Suites.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the Executive studio you stayed at, the overall cleanliness and design, the breakfast provided at our Sanook Cafe restaurant as well as the excellent location near numerous restaurants and the nana skytrain station.
We indeed have 2 types of Executive Studio designs available, the corner one that you stayed at which is very popular with the bed near the window and the bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub and another one with a more standard bedroom set up and a rain shower only.
Please accept our apologies for the lack of response to your emails sent on our phacharasuites.com website which may be due to some technical error. We will ensure this is fixed right away.
We are very sorry to hear about the disappointing level of service that you mention you have experienced at our front desk during your stay which does not reflect our usual standards. We indeed had some unsatisfactory comments earlier this year and some major changes have been made in the meantime, including intensive training as announced earlier on this forum. You may have noticed that we have fortunately received quite a few positive comments further to the drastic adjustments made. We have nevertheless discussed your valuable feedback with our team as we wish to maintain the high standards of service that have been set for the property.
Regarding the late check out requested, we indeed try and accommodate all our guests' requests, from whatever room type the request may come from. Depending on the arrival time of the guests arriving on that day, the front desk will try and manage the late check out requests the best they can. This remains a very delicate process especially when the property is fully booked as we need to ensure all the guests can have their room ready by 2pm. The studio rooms remaining the more popular rooms, it is even more difficult to offer a late check out, even at charge. Please rest assured that we value all our guests and that the service level certainly does not differ in any way, based on the room type booked.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.
We certainly hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again to the Phachara Suites when traveling to Bangkok again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We thought this hotel was lovely. Great pool, great breakfast and friendly staff. The bed was huge and comfortable too. I booked in this area thinking that it would be more chilled out and quiet than the main Khao San Road area of Bangkok but didn't realise the area was actually quite seedy. However, the hotel itself was outstanding, just don't lose your room card or you'll be charged 250 Thai Bhat for it!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Taragem,

Thank you for your feedback on your last stay with us.
We have well noted that you were especially happy with the high quality of the bedding provided, the pool, the breakfast at our Sanook Cafe and the friendliness of our team.
Our property is indeed very centrally located near the main entertainment area of Sukhumvit, the most vibrant part of town with numerous restaurants, pubs and bars as well as the night market of Sukhumvit. Guests who are looking for less nightlife can easily avoid these busy streets by accessing to the hotel from the quiet Soi 6 directly.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Phachara Suites in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We had the delux room m it was massive super stylish n v clean. The bed is big n altho ur v cenral the room is silent. Our room had a large terrace too. Staff is helpful n if u feel so lazy tht u cant walk 2 mins to nana station every 20 mins there a free shuttle-tuk tuk to take u there

Dear EnriZ,

Thank you for your kind review of our property.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed staying at the Phachara Suites and that you especially enjoyed the large bed, the stylish decor and cleanliness of the room and the overall friendliness of our team.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Service at desk was shocking. Upon arrival at 3pm we were informed our room wouldn't be ready for another hour despite 2pm checkin time. They proceeded to offer us to go to the pool area. They sent us to the 8th floor without telling us you needed a swipe card to gain access.

The pool was fine but the sauna was dated and never on. All in all a decent stay but service was poor

Date of stay: October 2012