“It was GOOD but not GREAT!”

Basilico Pizzeria Soi 20
Ranked #1,811 of 10,831 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Florence, Italy
“It was GOOD but not GREAT!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Yes another Italian restaurant just to satisfy my craving during my Bangkok business trip. After having tried Bella Napoli it seem I have a standard already for Bangkok. Would this restaurant be the same or go up or down in terms of my over-all rating standard. Well this is just my opinion but maybe the other reviewers had the same opinion. First comment I'd say is, it's not authentic. Ambiance wise, it depicts a typical restaurant dining but it's not bad. The interior was nice. I ordered pizza Margherita and Ricotta lasagna I remember. It was so so. Nothing special. I was with an Aussie TV commercial director and he hasn't tasted Panacotta in his lifetime, so I did order. It was surprisingly good and also the drink I ordered was really good. I think it was Cranberry something. I came back to this restaurant with a friend because it was good and convenient to my hotel. Again the word to describe it was GOOD but for a Pizzeria and to be authentic, it wasn't good enough to be labeled GREAT. But good to try, not bad---it was a good meal too!!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank petite_joan

Hyderabad, India
“good italian food”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

this place makes some of the best fresh pizzas and pastas i have eaten the staff is very polite and ambience is good ,food is value for money

Visited May 2012
Mullumbimby, Australia
“ordinary”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Based on trip advisor reviews we dined on a saturday night. The place was busy. The ceasar salad was good and tasty, the pizza was well cooked but tasteless and so salty was difficult to eat. Thai mozzarella cheese has no flavour at all. The caraffe red wine was fine. The sax player was intrusive of the mistaken opinion that we had come to see his performance.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank yumidesign
Bangkok
“take away and delivery”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

i didn't sit in at restaurant, just went there to buy pizza and salad ... they are lovely!! They also do the delivery as well ... not sure about the phone number though.

Visited March 2012
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice location and good music”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This restaurant at Sukhumvit Soi 20 was recommended by a friend who told me about good Italian food and a nice atmoshere. I can really confirm this. However, I was surprised that an excellent saxophon player performed there live. He played pop and jazz songs along with videos, very pleasant and unexpected.
The service was good and friendly.
I'll have it on my list for the next trip to Bangkok.

• Visited March 2012