“Worst Customer Service Ever”

The Mini R Ratchada
Ranked #158 of 742 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We are spending SIX nights in this hotel and we have two separate reservations. We booked for S size room for first 3 nights. For the last 3 nights, I decided to go for M size room to make ourselves more comfortable. We had just moved into our new M size room last night and we found out that the windows were broken. They simply use the tape (the tape you use to tape your boxes!) to tape the window and it was already not sealed. It was opened! The worst is the room is facing the front street and yes, we woke up at 7 am when the traffic got busy and the politicians had their van coming out with loud speaker to advertise! I talked to the front desk lady a moment ago (yes I'm writing in the lobby right in front of her!) about this and she said we are sorry and smiled to me. I asked for change in room she told me 'it's all full.' Then another customer came to pay for check out (he came after me) and that lady ignored me and went ahead to deal with the payment first! (so money first, customer second!) I'm still having another 2 nights here and she told me she can only talk to her manager tomorrow because it's holiday today for her manager! I'm surprised to know that there is no manager on duty for a hotel like this. SHAME ON YOU MINI R. We are staying here right now because of good reviews given by my cousin, but NO, you are not getting any more business from any of my friends that visit Thailand frequently. I'm spending my precious shopping time here in the morning to write this review and you should know why.

Avoid this and go stay near Sukhumvit or Silom. It's more happening and you will not have to pay for MRT for BTS transfer and you wont have to walk through all the awkward massage places at night. This is FAR from any of the shopping places.

Room Tip: Room 303 is the worst M size room. Avoid this room, or perhaps avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanielOng

Reviewed September 30, 2012

W cose this hotel only based on its location next to BIDC where I went for dental treatment. upon arrival we were asked to pay a deposit for 3 nights. the room was a bit small and dated and there was no significant window behind the drapes - it was a just a wall with two smal windows on either side! The a/c was giving off a really bad smell . the hotel is in is a low rise building so lots of noise coming from the main street below.
We decided to leave, I stayed in the room while my husband went to scout for a more decent hotel. We requested our deposit money back but they refused citing that we sat on the bed! We ended up at the Emerald Hotel 3 minutes walk away. Management decided to keep one day's worth of the deposit after much bickering! Please make sure you request to see the room as the deposit is apparently nonrefundable otherwise find another hotel closeby tha will give you dicounted pricing as a BIDC patient!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you pay the non refundable deposit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Mini R is the only place to stay if you are getting dental work done. It is in the same complex as the dental hospital which means a 30 second walk to your room after treatment. I had multiple appointments per day due to my short stay and would not have been able to cope if not for having the Mini R close by to have mini rests during the day.

The hotel itself is clean; the rooms are large and staff friendly. I found the beds extremely hard; however find this to be the norm in asia. Included breakfast not so great. There is a nice restaurant down stairs who are understanding to the fact that most patrons have had painful dental work done. I had their soups and soft pastas. Train Station is close by. It is a little hard to get taxis to and from Saigon Square (Shopping Complex). Most taxi drivers refuse to take you. Before you leave, ask the receptionist to write both your destination and return address down in Thai as most taxi drivers do not know the attractions and hotel by English names.

In summary, it is the only place to stay if getting dental work done, however I would choose somewhere else next time if going for a shopping/sight seeing trip due to location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank balibride13
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very far from the malls and most of the cab drivers do not know where is the mini ratchada hotel even though we've given the address of the hotel in thai words for them. We booked 3 nights but we cancelled the rest after 1 night stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ilovediving123
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at the MINI R Hotel as I was in Bangkok for dental treatment at Bangkok International Dental Centre next door.
The hotel rooms are well equiped for a budget hotel with funky modern decor. There was a mini bar with reasonable prices, a room safe and the expected bathroom amenities were provided.
Free Wi-Fi was provided which is a must for the modern traveller. The room was quite spacious and well laid out.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
There is no swimming pool at the hotel.
The location was great for my purposes but a bit away from the main central shopping area around Siam Square and other Bangkok attractions, although these could be reached via the nearby Thailand Cultural Centre MRT underground station which connects to the BTS Skytrain at Sukhumvit/Asok stations.
A small breakfast was provided and served in the room.

The main problem for me was the bed. It was extremely hard; I am used to firm beds in Asia but this was ridiculous, I might as well have slept on the floor!
The other problem was noise, first the traffic noise from Ratchadapisek Road then secondly when the occupants of the room next door arrived back at 1.30AM and started to party!

Unless you like really hard beds and are partially deaf, I could not recommend staying here. I certainly would not stay again for these reasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road for less traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank brecker58
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We were planning to stay at another guesthouse but it was full and were recommended here by the taxi driver basically! Turned out to be a great turn of events, check in was easy and they accommodated us without a reservation for 6 nights at 1750 baht a night (about £35).

The room is modern and of a boutique nature, with a large en suite, flat screen widescreen TV, desk, big wardrobe, kitchenette area with sink and fridge and a little dining table for breakfast. The double bed was very comfy and the turn down service also very good.

The reception desk helped us with numerous enquiries and numerous phone calls, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

The location of the hotel is amazing, it has tons of restaurants, malls, street food and a big night market as well as 2 MRT stops all within a 5-10 minute walking distance. The hotel is on a well known road and next to a well known hotel called the Emerald so its easy to get taxi's r tuk tuks to the location as well.

The one negative I have is that the traffic outside our room was noisy early in the morning so was hard to sleep in - earplugs were necessary!

I would stay here again and certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bambi89
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Though I have not stayed at the Ratchada location, I have stayed at the Thong Lor location multiple times. It is in a nice residential area, close to the Thong Lor Skytrain station, and surrounded by great japanese and korean restaurants.

The hotel is actually on the fourth and fifth floors of a small building, above a pretty good hamburger joint (if you're so inclined).

The rooms are quiet, very clean, and there is free wi-fi internet service. Free breakfast from Au Bon Pain is delivered to your room every morning.

Thong Lor is a very safe neighbourhood, and somewhat trendy. The Villa Supermarket is one soi over if you want to grab some groceries, but the myriad of nearby restaurants are of great value.

Unlike hotels in the Silom or Sukhumvit area you can be assured you will get a good taxi ride to the airport (around 200 baht) without fear of being ripped off.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo