“Great location”

King Royal Garden Inn
Ranked #510 of 1,276 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to meet friends in Bangkok. From the outside and the reception you may be a bit doubtful however the rooms are great and more than good value for money. The rooftop pool is perfect to take you away from the busy streets of Bangkok and a great way to chill out after a long day in the sun! The staff were extremely attentive and helped any way they could. We would definitely stay here again as we it was very accessible to most areas between the sky train or short tuk tuk to close by streets.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BluestoneGiftShops
There are newer reviews for King Royal Garden Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It's very convenient to stay at this hotel, if you need to save time with commuting.

My room was nice and big, but it had a stink. The internet connection was very bad to not existent, and at 10 pm the aircon failed. The advise from the staff was to switch it off for an hour and then try again.

I had no other option, so my night sleep was short which didn't make me happy as I had to get up early for my appointments.

Room Tip: I was told that getting a good room is a bit like a lottery - just good or bad luck.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We both loved this hotel. The location is literally right in front of the Surasak BTS station so great transit options and easy to find in a city where many places are lost in a hidden maze of sois. Also close to the river for easy boat travel. Or Silom is the other direction 1-2 stops. The room was big and comfy on the semi updated 3rd floor, some floors seemed less nice though. The front desk staff were always nice and friendly. Daily maid service with fresh towels was a first for us in asia. The rooftop pool and guest laundry machines were great. The breakfast was the best "included" bfast we got in all of southeast asia: eggs to order, sausage and ham. Self serve toast, fruit, noodles, cereal, juices and a hot drink machine.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times.
The hotel is improving I can notice every times when I stayed at this hotel.
The hotel room is spacious and quiet. The staffs are friendly and helpfully especially Ms. Gong.
The location of the hotel is excellent . It is located in front of Surasak skytrain station. Your can reach the hotel easily via public transportation. The breakfast is improving and sufficient. Highly recommended to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was so pleased I knew this hotel from previous visits. During the recent demonstrations when mobs thronged the streets our taxi was unable to get us to the hotel where we had booked near Khaosan road. We decided to take the BTS to the King Royal (it is precisely twenty paces from the stairs of the BTS to the entrance to the hotel) and hope they had a room open, which they did.

I have stayed here on a few one night stopovers when visiting Bangkok en route to Laos, Cambodia and Bali. When you land as Suvarnabhumi, take the train from the airport on the Silom line and jump off at Surasak.

The price is very reasonable and the rooms are large and clean with a coffee station in the room. There is a rooftop pool and a jacuzzi- ideal for a quiet drink after a long airplane journey; just mind how you step on the decking which is loose in places!

There is a shop to the left of the entrance of the building where one can buy beverages. One word of warning: there is only the Blue Elephant Restaurant next door - which is a gastronomic experience and often booked out, so be prepared to have to take the train or a taxi to find any other restaurants as this hotel is in the financial district - just big office blocks around the area or take a walk down to the Taksin Bridge to get a ferry. The area by the bridge is a bit dodgy at night as homeless people and dogs seem to sleep there.

Breakfast may or may not be included in your internet booking - just check when you book - and is quite plain but adequate however they really need to spray for the odd crawling insect in the breakfast room!

All in all reasonable and convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This review is quite late. I traveled to Bangkok with three family members and booked a 2-Bedroom Suite at the King Royal Garden Inn for one night. The special online rate I got was a real bargain. We were pleasantly surprised to see the size of the suite, it was really big and has plenty of space; one bedroom came with two queen size beds and the other with a king size bed. There was a viewing room with LED TV set and large comfortable leather sofa set. Also there is a functional kitchen where you can cook your own food. Adequate cooking wares and utensils were also provided, including an electric kettle, complimentary coffee, tea, sugar and creamer in sachet packs.

The suite had a view of South Sathorn Road, a major thoroughfare and the BTS Surasak Station. There was a convenience store nearby, and down the road is a local restaurant and beer joint serving delicious barbeque (fish and meat).

The best thing about the King Royal Garden Inn is the rooftop swimming pool. We had a great time splashing at the pool and taking photos with the tall commercial buildings making up the Bangkok skyline at the backdrop.

My family and I enjoyed our short trip to Bangkok and the King Royal Garden Inn was a big factor for this. We will definitely stay here when we return to Bangkok.

Room Tip: The suite facing South Sathorn Road and BTS Surasak Station gives an excellent view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pinoytraveller2
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I traveled to Bangkok with my mother for 5 days staying in the captioned hotel. at the 2nd night when I returned my room, my luggage was found being prised open with the lock damaged and one hundred Australian Dollars (AUD100.00) were stolen. I immediately reported to the hotel management but they just replied their manage was off and requested me to wait until his return for reviewing the cctv records without any action taken or called police. however, nobody contact me since then and I went to police station on the next day morning.
at the police station, the police hadn't records my details and just phoned the hotel about 3 times seemed discussing or negotiating with the hotel management. shortly later, a box of cakes were sent to the police station from unknown sources. during the last call between police and the hotel staff, the police passed the phone to me and the female staff on call asked me to return at first alleging their manager will accompany me to make police report again.

As a result, the police didn't give me any record and I returned the hotel. after return the hotel, I requested to change room or tidy my room but the staff refused replying my room needed to be investigated but hadn't explained why I could still live in and no room services any more in the rest days. By the evening, an unknown male kept testing to open my room door with a room card (key) and declared to be the person-in-charge when being queried. We then went to review the cctv records & my room entry records. Laughably, there was no entry record in the case occurred morning but I'd got in & out several times before going for fun with mother. THE RECORDS seemed being amended/modified/deleted after I reported the theft case. in addition, there were 2 unknown males (obviously Thais) appeared in cctv records acting suspiciously but the manager replied didn't know them then asked other staff to see. the female staff firstly said they were Italians but then said they were staff of hotel. When I asked the manager again, he agreed they were staff this time but didn't respond when I further asked where they were.
Moreover, the manager refused to go police station with me although the female staff alleged he would in the earlier time. In the mid-night, I decided to make police again at the same police station with another police on duty. The police seemed didn't know anything in day time because there was no record of my report. Then, the police then formally took statement with me and provided a police report receipt to me.

However, on the last day I woke up in the morning, I found the position of luggages & window were changes ..... someone had entered my room again ... ...... OMG, nothing can be trusted from this HOTEL and I won't book or visit any more.

P.S. 1. my room's wifi was switched off since I made police report.
2. I've posted the same at the agoxx.com & rated 0 to this hotel but the website master
deleted the theft case and changed the rating to 5 stars .... ridiculous

Room Tip: check the window shut. DO NOT trust this inn staff! DO NOT believe there is safety put any propert...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family