“horrible and unacceptable service.”

Sathorn Grace Serviced Residence
Ranked #758 of 1,158 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“horrible and unacceptable service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here from the 31.07.13 to the 02.08.13 and was delayed coming back to the hotel due to torrential rain in Bangkok. I asked the person at the front desk if my friend had left the key at the front desk for me (he must have gone to get dinner without me as I was delayed coming back to the hotel) and the guy told he my boyfriend hadn't left the key for me. I asked if I could use the spare key to open the door and he told me the hotel didn't have a spare key. I argued that he must have a key and he told me very rudely.... "I dont care if you believe me or not I don't have a key"... I was shocked at the level of rudeness and lack of understanding. he then told me I had to pay for the lost key and I said I would so that I could get in the room and he said "I don't have a new key" to which I argued that I could not pay for a key he couldn't replace right away... housekeeping key maybe? not possible. he made me wait for 30 mins until I said I was going to write a review on tripadivisor about it.... then the maintenance guy promptly appeared out of nowhere and HE HAD A KEY..... he was just being difficult and nasty

Room Tip: do not expect this people to help you for anything
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Rooms are really nice, spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. Flat screen tv with fox movies. Nice big shower and bathroom. Good value for what you pay! I stayed here first after my 20 hours of traveling, it's in a quiet part of town but this was fine for me this time, I needed to relax. 10 min walk to sky train although on our last day we found out it only cost (from memory) definitely under 150 baht from Koa San road by taxi, which made getting the sky train pretty pointless, apart from the view. Well stocked mini bar/snack and reasonable price.

Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jimjam1992
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff here was very helpful and friendly. They helped us figure out taxis to airport, and they let us keep some baggage here while we traveled. The room was spacious and comfortable for the price. You really get more for less (money) with this set up. The cafe had a good breakfast. The stories about being hard to get to are true though. Took us over an hour by taxi from the airport and we got stuck in terrible traffic getting here. However it is convenient to the Skyway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebfuhrman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

#The hotel was good and clean. #Swimming pool was nice.
#Free tuk tuk to bts train

*But!!! To walk from bts to hotel was far..
*the reception was not helping
*tuktuk not all the time free

Big mistakes to choose this hotel!! The location is suck!

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Wouldn't stay anywhere else! Great location, very clean and friendly. Was impressed with the service and helpfulness of staff. We were doing a lot of traveling whilst in Thailand and didn't want to lug all our suitcases with us. They were more than happy to hold on to our bags! Fantastic roof top pool. Good size rooms, and best of all their two bedroom apartments have a washing machine so all our laundry needs were taken care of. Would thoroughly recommend this to all of my friends traveling to Bangkok!

2 Thank EdLou2014
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

i stayed here when visiting Bangkok to make a visa application at the Australian Visa application centre just down the road. I booked this hotel because of the good price and the location. i was really pleasantly surprised. the hotel rooms were really clean with all ameneties. The location is not great for food as there is not much in the streets surrounding the hotel but the breakfast at the hotel and the room service were really good. friendly staff too

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rhys C
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having jus spent 9 nites at this hotel id like to say that for the price it was a great choice! The hotel it self is clean and modern, with cleaning staff always working. The rooms were comfortable and what ud expect from any reasonable hotel, the only downfall was the bed being on wheels which meant us slide around. The swimming pool and gym had excellent rooftop views. The location altough quiet wasnt great as it was in a resential area but again it was a 10minutew from the hustle n bustle and a few minutes walk from the bts train. The besg aspect of this hotel were the staff, from the lads sat at the entrance gate to the reception and house keeping staff. Always smiling and extremley helpfull whenever we needed something or asked for advice on where to go. Weve stayed at 5 star hotels in the UK and dubai but the staff at sathorn were way better than them! Stayed in room 202 and would defo stay there again and recommend sathorn grace to anyone.