“Great room!”

Ranked #76 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great room!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at Anantara tremendously. The room is very spacious and clean. I stayed in a business suite which is basically like a studio apartment with a living area and separate bedroom. Wifi works great despite on the 27th floor. It is located within the business district of sathorn and close to bts station.
They have a free shuttle bus to Siam bts sky train.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Sghlynn,

Thank you for your great feedback and for letting us know that you had an enjoyable stay with us here. Thank you for special mentioned in few area ie. guest room, WIFI as well a location. Thank you for letting us know that we have come to the right direction in providing this service standard.

Wishing you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we very much looking forward for your future visit. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us personally if we can be further assistance.

Naowarat Arunkong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Was in bangkok from eng of nov to early dec '13. My goodness, the hotel room was huge! It comes with two rooms, two bathrooms and a total of one king and two single beds. It had also a large and comfy sofa in the living room. The hotel staffs were very friendly.Everything was perfect except that you have to walk about 15 minutes to the nearest bts ( chong nongsi). The breakfast was not bad as I really liked the salads and pastries. We went to the rooftop bar and they were having a one-for-one drinks promotion. A very unforgettable experience and we would definitely consider going back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Kelvin
Dear 1Kelvin,

Thank you for your great feedback and for letting us know that you had an enjoyable stay during your short break in Bangkok. Your special comment regarding regarding staff and service has been passed to the team and we all commited that we will continue providing a high level of service.

We are happy to read that you did try our newly opened roof top bar, since this is located on 40th floor with 360 degree view and we are sure that this will create a great experience to all visitors.

We wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we very much looking forward for your future visit. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally anytime if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Reserved a two bedroom suite non smoking room and very disappointed with the service and quality.
1. The room is big but... One room has used slippers, full of smoking smell and the wall paper was torn off.
2. The bathroom shower was awful, very weak in water.
3. was interrupted by a guy saying to install a DVD at 8am which we didn't ask for.
4. Location is bad, far away from station. Really dark when you need to walk back hotel at night.
5. Conceigne service was bad, not attentive at all.
Overall, not a good hotel to stay and won't come back again.

1 Thank gracelam0828
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear gracelam0208,

Thank you for sharing with us the experience of your stay and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to the expectation due to various issues and sorry that this has never brought to my attention during your stay. This is not standard of service we strive to obtain here and have shared your comment with our team and we have form the action plan for each area to ensure that this kind of mishandling will not reoccur again in the future.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be any assistance for you in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week. First it is very close to a Sky train station (chong nonsi) just 5- 7 mins walk. There is a 7-11 before the station where you can get a cold drink to ease your trek ( drinks are not allowed in the station), top up your airtime for your phone and get all the usual stuff. The hotel staff are reallyyyyy friendly and helpful. The concierge helped me with a map, helped me call to make reservation ( free of charges) to all the places I wanted to visit. I was able to pay for watching the Bangkok Calypso show and Niam Niramit show at the concierge desk which eliminated the uncertainty of getting to the venue just to find out it was full. The hotel also runs a shuttle service but I never took it when I was there.

The only draw back in my book is the Spa service which is really expensive however there is a spa on the way to the sky train at the ‘village market’ which has value for money with the right ambience. Aromatherapy of 1 and a half hours for 850Bhat. In the same market is a super market.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It is value for money

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor and it was pretty quiet with a balcony view which was great
Dear Tolu B,

Thank you for your valued feedback and great recommendation to the TripAdvisor's community, especially your special comment about the freinliness of hotel staff and the Concierge team. We have already passed your comment to the team as this could help us to motivate our team to continue doing a good job.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the pricing of our Spa, please note that the hotel Spa normally set higher than outside this is due to the requirement of Hygine and other standard, however we will do again a price comparison to see if we should make any adjustment.

We wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we very much looking foward for your return. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is in a not bad location, 10 minutes walk to MRT. I stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was spacious. No complaints and enough power plugs if you need to work.

I chose Anantara because I had a very pleasant stay in Anantara Bali/Seminyak before and I loved their attention to detail. I expected the same in Bangkok but the experience was somehow disappointing. In the end its the little things that count and make you feel at home like nice bathroom amenities and a flower on the bed at night, some personal touch which - they did so incredibly well in Bali. Bangkok is missing that. So please Anantara Sathorn, go the last mile. Pay some more attention to detail and you will be truly fabulous.

One last note: in today's world I believe WiFi in the rooms should not be a luxury that requires a hefty extra charge. 300 Baht/day is clearly too much...

1 Thank TravelTigers
Dear TravelTigers,

Thank you for your loyalty of Anantara Brand and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday.

Thank you for your recommendations regarding the small details to make it different and I fully agreed with your comment. We will certainly looking into area where we can implement small touch to make guest feel more at home.

We wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we hope to welcoming you back in a near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I stayed here for 4 nights. There is a hotel shuttle bus to the Skytrain...but we walked instead as traffic is always congested near the hotel. We had a 2 bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms which was very spacious. Breakfast was included with so much variety I'm sure it would please everyone. Comfortable beds and furniture, great bathrooms and all quite quiet. This hotel is close to the business district so great if you come here for work. Amazing roof top bar on the 40th floor..stunning views...but quite pricey...still worth an hour or 2 up there. Staff all lovely..friendly and obliging. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear sue1501,

Thank you for a great feedback telling us how you and family enjoy your stay here and especially your special note toward our staff and our newly open Roof Top bar. The bar is 360degree of the Bangkok view and this is the place that you must visit.

As for the price or our roof top bar, please note that the roof top bar price positioning is normally set little higher than a normal restaurant this is due to the type of service and the workload up there, however, our price here still put lower than the other roof top bar in town and we shall monitoring the feedback and adjust where necessary.

We wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we are looking forward for your return in the near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Booked at the Anantara because of a hot deal from a hotel website. The location was not located where I initially wanted but it was no hassle getting a taxi where I wanted to go. The taxi fares in Bangkok are very cheap anyway.
From the moment we arrived the staff were amazing. The service from them was superb and they had a very good grasp of english.
I booked a twin room and it was comfortable and clean with a nice bathroom. It even had a iron and ironing board which came in very usefull.
The breakfast was amazing. High quality food and a wide range of foods to choose from. One of the best i've had and i've stayed at some great hotels.
This hotel is guest friendly which was another bonus for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear gatecrasherkiwi,

Thank you for your great feedback and letting us know how you enjoy your stay with us here. We are very happy to read that the service standard that we offer here has met up to your expectations. Your comment has been shared amongst our team who comitted that we will continue doing a good job to ensure every guest leave satified.

Thank you once again and we wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We very much looking forward for your return, in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.