“good hotel”

Ranked #82 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
hong kong
“good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

we stayed in bangkok for 3 nights and we absolutely loved this hotel. We got a standard room but the room was huge! the bathroom was at a right size and the bedsheets and everything was clean. Have a balcony for everyroom. Me and my bf also took a dip in the pool at night and it was fine.

The breakfast was not bad at all!
just that it's a bit far from the BTS ( around 15-20 mins walk?) and it was quite a quiet walk with some homeless on the sidewalk......i would not suggest a solo girl walking alone at night
Take a tuk-tuk/ taxi to and from hotel.. it's convenient to get rides everywhere!

Room Tip: even the standard rooms are very big. like those in vegas.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to an Anantara resort, the 1st being Anantara Bophut. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. Beds were really comfortable too. Enjoyed the breakfast spread every morning.
The only thing we didn't like was this hotel was out of the way ... and we had to walk to the nearest BTS station. Walking was fine, but was not a pleasant experience in the scorching heat.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn,

I am glad to read that you have chosen twice Anantara Hotels and Resorts to experience our amazing country as our promise is to bring our guests closer to local cultures through heartfelt and genuine hospitality.

Thank you for choosing Anantara Hotels and Resorts. We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards

Sylvie Zotoff
Resident Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Anantara Sathorn in end-Feb 2013. Booking on 3rd party website was easy and offered a very affordable price for a 1 bdrm suite on the 23rd floor. It was a bonus that our room overlooked the main road, so we could decide if we would like to take a 15 minute wak to the Chong Nonsi BTS, or take a taxi and risk losing precious minutes in the jam directly along the main road. Over the years of visiting Bangkok, my taxi fare shown on the meter from point to point had never exceeded THB100, including the times I were stuck in traffic jams. The exception is the airport-hotel (vice versa) taxi trips that cost THB450 - 500 each way inclusive of toll fees. So being stuck in traffic jams were never a question on spending more money, but really, its about wasting precious minutes of shopping, spa and food.

Whilst I did read previous reviews about taxi drivers not knowing where this hotel was located, I had absolutely no problems when I told the drivers "Anantara Narathiwart". I figured that if you said "Anantara Sathorn", it did not really give the exact location / name of the main road where the hotel is really situated.

The hotel reception service was very good, and so was the helpfulness of the Conceirge and restaurant staff. Thumbs up for the customer service standards. I also found the size of the pool to be ideal , given that it was never crowded during our stay.

I would however, have to comment that the size of the elevators were rather small, considering the number of floors and units this hotel had. One other feedback that Anantara could really consider doing immidiately is to build in the cost of providing wireless internet for rooms. My wife and I were among the many who were busy Whatsapping / updating Facebook at the hotel lobby and also at the restaurant during breakfast, where free WIFI is available round the clock.

In terms of maintainance of the room, one of the floor tiles at the shower area had a chip, likely caused by the shower head that dropped onto the floor. I was concerned that it could cut our foot, so I conveniently placed the anti-slip rubber floor mat over this chipped floor tile. There were also visible stains on the wall paper at various parts of the room , that was fairly obvious, but this kind of thing doesn't bother me that much considering the low price I got for this property.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it for business travellers / holiday makers. You just have to be prepared to be willing to walk no less than 15 minutes to the BTS, and you would enjoy it here. This is really recommended when you head out in the morning for business or shopping / sightseeing. It doesn't matter when you come back after dinner as the road should are quite clear by 9pm onwards.

Room Tip: High floor facing Narathiwart Road towards the Chong Nonsi BTS, so that you can decide if the 15 min...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in two bedroom units. It is very spacious. Everything is modern, nice, new and clean. The gym has everything and has more machines than most hotels. Pool area is nice and very relaxing. Breakfast has good wide selection well balanced - Asian and European. Staff is very nice and helpful. Baby cot is good quality. Although they have big dining table and big kitchen with plenty of cabinet space, they do not provide any equipment. No microwave and no working stove. You can request to have plates and utensil delivered. I have a small child and stayed in most of the time, not having a microwave is just not very convenience.

• Stayed February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went to stay at this hotel during my 28/2 till 2/3 Bangkok trip. I am quite disappointed at this hotel as i find that the standard has fallen since my last stay during 2011. This time i stayed in the premier room located at the 8th story. The sliding door to the wardrobe is damage and i had a hard time opening and closing it. I forgot to bring my toothpaste and quite disappointed that Anantara did not provide those small tubes of toothpaste in the room's toilet. Before leaving for the airport when coming back, i left my luggage with the concierge. When i wanted to retrieve it there is a group of HK tourist checking in thus the customer service is pretty busy and didnt attend to me. For that i can understand, thus i waited for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes i saw that the customer service crew is done, however they did not return to the concierge counter instead they were chatting outside the entrance of the hotel and i have to walk up to ask if they could provide some help by retrieving my luggage. This has never happen during my stay at Anantara in 2011 before. I am quiet disappointed that the standard in service has fallen since. However there are still a couple of things that are positive and worth mentioning. During my check-in and check-out i am greeted with a warm smile by the receptionist and the processes are really smooth and hassle free. I did email Anantara prior to my trip for some special request, i must say that they reply really swiftly and took care of my request.

Room Tip: Its a nice, clean and modern hotel. If my above comments are not too much of your priority, then it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn.

Your candid input regarding the wardrobe and the luggage collection has been addressed with the team and focus will be directed in the areas that marred your visit in our premier room.

We hope that you will visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com once your travels bring you back to our city.

Kind regards
Sylvie Zotoff
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the moment we stepped out on the 37th floor to check in and entered the Kasara lounge we where made to feel so welcomed. The lounge has the most amazing viewers of Bangkok.As we had booked a club room we where entitled to use the lounge to have complementary breakfast ,soft drinks during the day and cocktails and canapés in the evening which was amazing the staff where so friendly professional and could not do enough for us. Especially Achiraya the duty manager.
Our first night was a club room I have never seen such a large room with a dinning area and a huge bathroom. The bed was huge with luxury bed linen I had a great nights sleep.
for our next two nights we had a two bedroom apartment which was amazing I could quite easily have lived there it had a kitchen ,lounge two bedrooms and two bathrooms free Internet and great views over Bangkok the master bathroom had a shower and a bath with views over Bangkok,was real luxury.
The pool area was small not many places to lounge by the pool so you had to get there early.
The other annoying thing was there are not enough lifts for the hotel so you can wait a long time to get up and down. But we had such a great time there that we came back to stay after cutting our trip to Phuket short (after staying at a bad hotel you may read in my other review)
Achiraya and all the staff at the Kasara lounge made our return stay relaxing after such a distressing stay in Phuket. I would recommend any one staying in Bangkok to stay here, we will defiantly be back. A big thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: We had room 3203
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Elegant and classy boutique hotel in bangkok, perfectly situated close to sukumvit soi 11 for great bars and restaurants. Extremely friendly and smiley staff. will be definately be staying here again! The menu for room staff is superb, Thai food of course is amazing! there is also a great bar downstairs in the lounge with a sensible happy hour time of 7pm-9pm too.

Room Tip: One bed apartment is the one to go for! great views of the city too!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends