“GREAT HOTEL! Will be back for sure!”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #72 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A breathtaking, elegant hotel! My wife and I stayed here for five nights - and we thoroughly enjoyed every second spent at the hotel. Not a single major problem to report!

Check-in was smooth and the staff were super friendly (especially Pei and Tom). We had reserved a deluxe room at a very reasonable price through our local travel agent, and it turned out to be a spacious suite! The suite has an amazing bathroom, there is a living room area, as well as a dining area. We were graciously given a late checkout on our last day, and allowed to use the hotel facilities the rest of the day as our flight was at midnight.

The breakfast is an amazing spread and offers a wide variety of food to cater to different tastes.

We had a drink one evening at the Kasara Lounge on the 37th floor which offers great views of the city. The waitress was warm and friendly, and very efficient. Drinks are reasonably priced compared to other sky bars in Bangkok, and the cocktails are just as good. It may not be as high up as other better known bars in the city, but the location of the hotel means that you get a great view of the city.

The pool area is nice and relaxing, with plenty of space. Only small complaint would be that the hotel staff do not come around asking if you would like a drink.

The BTS station is only 15 minutes walk from the hotel and provides convenient connections to many attractions. There is a lot of weekday traffic outside the hotel if you take a taxi, but that is true of pretty much anywhere in Bangkok. There is a nice small shopping mall conveniently located right next to the hotel - the City Viva, which has a couple of nice restaurants and a decent supermarket. There is also loads of street food between the hotel and the BTS station.

Great hotel - highly recommended for all! Will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Higher up the room, the better the view. We were on the 12th floor - but still had great views, can...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A planned family holiday with our 2 little ones and the in laws in Bangkok. Stayed from the 17th Jan to 23rd Jan in a 2 bedroom suite. Had some minor hiccups on the first night which was quickly sorted out by the duty manager. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom suite the next day and was ready by the time we were back from our outing. We were also given complimentary breakfast the next morning for our troubles.

The hotel was fantastic in terms of the quality and also the service was second to none. The suites included a large fridge and also a washer/dryer which made it so convenient to wash all our clothes and store all our drinks and food. All the reception staff was very helpful and knew my name every time i walked up which gave me a very personalized service. The concierge staff was also very helpful in providing information and hailing taxis for us. Getting a taxi was not an issue.

On the 4th night, our daughter had high fever and needed to go to a hospital, we were recommended by Tom at concierge to go to the local BNH Hospital which was 5 mins away which had English speaking nurses and doctors which provided excellent service that made it so much easier for us.

Breakfast was very good and had most of what we needed and for the kids. Overall it was a fantastic experience and i would not hesitate to stay there again. Location is next to Silom. Although there wasnt a massage parlour next door or 7-11 20m away, the cleanliness of the area and the availability of the hospital was very important to me this trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels command a better view. I was on the 28th floor. Views were fantastic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ozzie A
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for sharing your experience at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn with Trip Advisors' readers

i am delighted to read your kind words about Tom and the Duty Manager in being helpful as we Dear Reviewer:

i am delighted to read your kind words about Tom and the Duty Manager in being helpful as we are focusing our training on personal, attentive and genuine service so that we may exceed our guests' expectations.

Hope that you and your family had a great trip home and your daughter is feeling better.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Sylvie Zotoff
Resident Managerpersonal attentive service so that we may exceed our guests' expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place is just okay...definitely not 5 star or even 4 star. I arrived at 12:30 but reception said I couldn't check in until 2pm. Fine, I just left my stuff and did a few errands and then came back. The room is good but fairly small. The bed is very comfortable and there's a great view. Plenty of entertainment on the television. The service is pretty good - they regularly sent up plates and cutlery when we brought food home from the street. Breakfast is okay but crowded - get there early or you'll be waiting in line for a table.

Unfortunately there are just too many problems with this place to warrant a recommendation.

The shower - it's either too hot or too cold. It's impossible to find the "just right" temperature.
The toilet - there is no toilet spray hose next to it, which is a first for Thailand. All other hotels (including 5 star) have this feature.
The location - it's terrible. It's a 20-minute walk to the nearest bts. They do have a shuttle but it only runs until 5, and the guy always looks at you expecting a tip.
Customer Service - not the best. They were regularly rude to my wife (who is Thai) by not speaking politely to her whenever she asked a question or entered the building.
Elevators - there are only 3 for the entire hotel. We came back one night at about 10pm and there was a line of about 30 people waiting for the elevators.
Internet - 300 baht per 24 hours. Most hotels (even 5 star) offer free wifi.

It's clean and has good views but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback.

I am sorry to read about your experience and we have shared your input with the team as this is not the level of service you are to expect from Anantara Bangkok Sathorn..

We would welcome the opportunity to investigate further and by the same token get a chance to restore your confidence and trust in our commitment to service, so please contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com for further discussion and to extend my personal apologies.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sylvie Zotoff | Resident Manager was really heelpful as was the senior concierge.I originally booked thru agoda a long stay room this is now branded Oaks apartments with a sepertate web site which is worth checking out as you may get a better deal than the hotels.
As this must have been built as aprtments the lobby is fairly small but the rooms are a good size.Location is fine .The 37th floor lounge is now open to all after 8pm great views.The huge hypermarket is 15 minutes walk to your right hand side.
I dont recommend the restaurants in the shopping centre next door.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Superb hotel only made even more exciting by the expertise and friendliness of the team that work there.
Nothing was a problem ever, mind you we had no problems.
The lady that managed the bar on the ground floor, nearly sure her name was TAN was just brilliant, great drinks, fab coffee and never delivered without that classic Thai welcome.
Our early departure was met with a take away breakfast...... Now where would you get that!
All in all, a fab hotel, lovely decor, maybe just a little way from the centre, but well worth the visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Reviewer:

We are delighted to read your great feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn and I will make sure to share your kind words with K Tan at Zin Bar as our focus is to seek each day new ways to provide better service to our guests,

Thank you! We truly appreciated it and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Kudos to the hotel. It was one of the best places i've stayed in, in my recent memory. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. The room had all the amenities you need in an excellent hotel. I loved my stay here. I would recommend people to surely stay here. The staff is excellent. The people in the hotel are very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisors' readers.

We are glad you enjoyed your vist and the team and I truly appreciate your kind words.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com if I can assist.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Comparing with the few hotels i stayed in BKK such as Ascott, and Urbana Sathorn, Anantara is my fav.
If you are a biz traveller, where u hav no intention to walk ard, but just need a nice comfy room to return to, and nice chill out cosy place, u sld try out Anantara.
There is only one Anantara Sathorn, so its pretty easy for me to move around in taxi.
It has a lovely spread for breakfast and i have to warn that there is always queue for eggs. No matter which nationality u r from, i am sure that u wld love the breakfast. My korean colleague and i found their clear soup very tasty. =D
Room facility was great. First hotel i ever stayed to provide me loofah pad for scrubing my body during shower. Wonderful!
I visited the Kasara Lounge, which is located on the 37th floor, wonderful view it has - overlooking Bangkok’s city skyline. We were a little upset by the lousy service of the waitress bt the cool wind up at 37th floor, made u ignore all this unhappiness. A little stress at work - go chill with a chocolate martini (they hav white and black choc martini - 1 for 1 promo ^^)
Definitely my choice for my every bkk biz trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn and sharing your feedback with Trip Advisors' readers.

I I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast as well as the amenities in the room but quite saddened that the service in our beautiful 37th lounge marred your experience. Please accept my apologies and a personal email addressed to you was also sent.

Hope to welcome you back again soon to enjoy our Signature Chocolate Martini at Kasara and our International Buffet Breakfast!

Kind regards,