“Excellent apartments for big families”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #76 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 21, 2012

everything about this hotel was very good and I haven't noticed any down sides. I booked thru Booking.com and got a good deal. Check in and check out was very fast and without any problems. The room was a skyline 2 bedroom with a huge living room with kitchen (but no plates or anything for cooking,just glasses, cups and kettle),complimentary water every day. big balcony and two bathrooms, one with window. Good quality, very clean. The views from all of the windows are amazing!
The breacfast was good too in a restaurant overlooking the pool. The poll is decent for a city hotel. The location was very convenient for us. !0 min walk to the skytrain station. in 2 min walk you can find the Villa Market supermarket with everything you can need. Also 7 eleven in near by.
The Wi Fi is 300 B. per day!

Room Tip: take upper floors-views are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KristinaGar
There are newer reviews for Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stopped at this hotel in February 2012. Was very impressed upon arrival in the lobby area. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our apartment was on a high floor wth good views of the city. The decor in our apartment was fantastic, and the bathrooms were amazing. The room was spotless.
The food we ate at the poolside was fantastic and the service was brilliant.
Both evenings during our stay we went to drink a the roof top bar. The views at night are out of this world. We were that impressed with our stay we booked another night at the hotel on our return to Bangkok as we could not imagine stopping anywhere else.
Top Class!

Room Tip: HIgh floor!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I couldn't say the hotel is conveniently located however, this is rarely an issue in Bangkok as taxis are very cheap. Check-in was fast and efficient and rooms very spacious (we had a 1 bedroom deluxe). Breakfast was varied and more than adequate. We didn't get to use the pool so I cannot comment. If you like good sized rooms in a well appointed hotel for a good price and don't mind catching taxis to your days activities then you won't be disappointed with Anantara.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NonAvailable
Reviewed June 15, 2012

LOCATION: The hotel is somewhat awkwardly located. From my experience the majority of taxi drivers do not know where the hotel is, and cannot find it (I had to change taxi twice on one journey as the drivers didn't know where it was). The hotel is offset from the main street along a long path. Tell drivers that the hotel is 'between sois 6 and 8 on Narathiwat-Ratchanakarin Rd' and it should make things easier.

FACILITIES: The hotel possesses many of the key components of a 5 star property. Service is good and the interior design is attractive. I stayed for a short overnight stay in a double room on the 21st floor with fantastic views over the BKK skyline. The room was spacious and well appointed, with the main shortcoming being that the only mirror in the room was in the bathroom (half-length).

I would recommend this property on the proviso that you arrive in Bangkok with accurate directions for a taxi driver.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just started as Anantara Vacation owner and first time utilizing the pts to book a hotel for 4 nights and pay for cash for an upgrade for a 2 bed room suite.. Everything went wrong on the day I arrived. I reached hotel at 4pm but have to wait for 20 mins before room was ready. A staff brought me to the room and did not said much after showing me the room..after a minute he left, I realized that it was a single room rather than a 2 room suite I had booked. Back I go to lobby to fix the error. Another 15 mins later, I got a lower room at 14 floor. After already spending 45 mins to get my room, I did not push hard for a room at a higher floor.

There was no inroom slippers so i had to ask for it. At night, realized the tap for the bathtub was faulty, water flow was too slow.. Apart from soap, nothing else was provided in the bathroom. Wife complained master bedroom toilet was smelling bad but I decided to ignore it for one night.

Got tap fixed the next day but realized bathtub was not cleaned up and toilet still smelled bad.

Finally got them to come up to bathroom on the last night as smell was still smelling bad. They sprayed fresher and left.

Also realized that only on the last day that they stocked up the bathroom with bath salt and toothbrush, etc.. A better quality inroom quality and bath robes were also provided to my kids room..finally housekeeping had woken up..

I had wanted to upgrade my points but with this first experience, after signing up at Phuket anantara which really impressed me, I am now putting my decision at hold.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mikelim45
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Mikelim45:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn.

Please accept our sincere apologies as it appears that we failed short of providing you with the level of service and the experience you are to expect from Anantara Hotels and Resorts and be assured that we are taking the steps to rectify this immediately.

We would like to restore your trust in our commitment to service. While investigating your comments, I was able to locate your records and took the liberty of sending you a short email. Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com.

We look forward to being in contact with you soon,

Kind regards

Sylvie Zotoff
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2012

From the moment we arrived at This hotel we were treated like royalty.If you are looking for a great hotel in bangkok then you should consider booking in Anantara Bangkok sathorn.

The service, rooms and facilities are excellent, with a number of options for dining and relaxation within the hotel.The pool with nearby bar was a great way to relax, though it was better later in the day due to the strong sun during the day.My daughter really enjoyed the baby pool which is best pool view i have seen in Bangkok.

Kettle, hair dryer, soap and shampoo, TV English channels are available. Bed is comfy with decent linens with pillows . A/c and WIFI worked well. Nights were fairly quiet.

All in ,all we had a wonderful and a memorable stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn hotel.
Thank you all staffs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seyta
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Dear Stillfeels;

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers. In particular it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our rooms and the service of our team. Indeed our 32 meter long pool adjacent to the restaurant and our kids' pool is a perfect setting for family.

We would love to have you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com should I be able to assist you in any way in the future.

Kind regards

Sylvie Zotoff
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Have been staying at the Anantara Sathorn in Bangkok over the last six months or so. This is not a 5 Star hotel, but it is excellent value and very comfortable.

Firstly the Anantara is not close to any tourist areas, so be prepared to take a taxi or walk and take the BTS if you want to go to Sukhumvit or the riverside areas. It is located about 10 to 12 minutes from the BTS and as the road out the front is very busy its not hard to get a taxi, just be prepared to sit in the traffic for an hour without getting anywhere.

The Anantara is what I suppose is called an apartment/hotel. All the rooms have separate bedroom and lounge with a kitchenette as well. Very serviceable for a longer visit or if you want to bring your food in from outside and eat in your room, there is a dining table.

The rooms themselves are quite comfortable. Beds are comfortable, bathroom well appointed, although the soap and shampoo is in a weird stone like pump dispenser that means having to unscrew the pump each time you want to use some as it just doesn't work.

There is a television in the lounge and the bedroom (1 BR rooms anyway) and as the rooms come in 1, 2 and 3 bedroom configurations there are lots of televisions and lots of places to watch them. Most major channels, except HBO, are covered.

The lobby area is quite nice, not anything spectacular but its trendy and neat, the lobby bar is ok for a short drink or get together. There is a generous happy hour that involves beer and pizza, definitely worth getting back in time for that if you can.

The main restaurant is ok, breakfast is ok with most cuisines covered. After a few days you may want to go to Starbucks for a change though. If you book a 'club' floor room you will get a higher floor room and access to the club lounge on the top floor, This has not been open very long and people are still not using it very often, think I have seen other people in there only twice so far.

There are some excellent restaurants across the road from the hotel for dinner and a complex almost next door that caters mostly for Japanese and Korean tourists and business people, so if you have a need for some good Japanese and Korean food go there. If you want excellent modern Thai food head across the foot bridge out the front and then turn right, plenty to choose from and all reasonably priced with good quality. There are even Vietnamese and Italian restaurants over the other side.

Overall the hotel is excellent value if you need to stay in this part of town. Its not far from Silom and the all that is there with shopping and entertainment, but take a cab, you'll need a shower if you try and walk it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views, the traffic noise can be heard in the lower floors so higher is certa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business