“Kasara suite and lounge”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #76 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Kasara suite and lounge”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We are returning guests here and I already wrote a review last year saying what a wonderfull hotel it is.
This time we upgraded to a 2 bedroom Kasara suite and we made use of the Kasara lounge upstairs on the 37th floor!
In our opinion, the extras you got by paying a little more , really made the holiday.
So this review is just going to be on that as my opinions of the hotel are still the same as last year, which were brilliant!!!
We spend 8 nights here and the 2 bedroom suite is on the 35th floor which made for fantastic views!
Everything was VERY spacious, there was a modern open plan kitchen with dining table and chairs leading into a living area with big plasma tv.
We had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and 2 balconies.
The second bedroom came in handy for my husbands clothes and shoes, where I used the closet in the master bedroom.
The master bedroom and on suite was flooded with daylight, as there are windows all the way along the walls.
The bathroom came with all your toiletries and plenty of towels.
We had a turndown service in the evening leaving us with chocolates and flowers on the bed each time, nice touch.
Also included in the upgrade was 2 pieces of laundry every day, which came in really handy.
We opted to go for breakfast upstairs in the Lounge as it was just fantastic. Not as much choice as downstairs ( this is as good a breakfast as you will ever see) but definately enough and they have a coffee machine here, so cappuccino, latte and esspresso galore!
Not many people used the lounge when we were there so it was very relaxing and the staff were brilliant. Lalita saw to all our needs.
Also with the upgrade you could make use of the lounge during the day and get complimentary snacks, fruit, non alcoholic drinks and coffee or tea.
But the bit we enjoyed the most was the compimentary bar from 6 till 8 pm. What a great way to start the evening,sitting outside watching the fantastic sunset over bangkok, sipping on champagne, wine, cocktails, you name, we had it!! Not to forget to mention the hor d'euvres!! I think James, the Food and Beverage manager came up with all sorts of yummy creations!!
Quite simply we loved it so much we will be back and next year, they told me the rooftop bar and restaurant will be open so another thing to look forward to!
p.s there is a fantastic Italian restaraunt we discovered just across from the hotel called L'ulivo, upmarket Italian food with thai prices!! The concierge gave me there card but maybe google it as if you dont want to go far away from the hotel this is the place to be!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Muji007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I am so disappointed with this hotel and it ruins the image of 5-star hotel in Thailand.

I got mad in the check-in process. The hotel was definitely not full and they claimed that there was no more king bed room unless we pay for upgrade. What a honeymoon and you have to sleep separately with your husband.

After we check in to the twin bed room, the room was spacious. However, the bathroom floor was damaged. I was wondering how many years of this property. Bathroom amenity is not well-offered, even a dental kit. The quality of towel is like the bath mat. Drawers in living room are all empty, without a simple map to introduce and promote Bangkok signseeing spot.

Internet is only be accessed in restaurant and public area. Lack of selection in breakfast buffet and so lucky it was included in the package we bought. Therefore, I have no intention to purchase it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Francesca L
Sylvie-RM, Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Francesca L:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn.

I was disappointed to read your comments and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately the bed type you requested upon your arrival may not have been available in the type of accommodation you had reserved. Although the bathroom amenities on our premium floors may be more limited than on our Skyline and Kasara floors, I am very sorry to read of the engineering issues and the lack of selection of our breakfast buffet.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further your stay and restore your trust in our commitment to service by kindly contacting me directly at szotoff@anantara.com .

Kind regards,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Booked this hotel for business and shared a room with my colleague. Room was spacious although the closet was pretty small could only fit 1 luggage so I had have mine just stay in the living room. For a twin sharing room...bed are a lil too close. Bathroom was good, only complaint was the toiletries provided, I had a hard time pump the bath gel out of the ceramic pump. Breakfast was good, lots of variety and friendly staff.

Compliments really goes to the hotel staff...accommodating, every time we request for ice, they would call up to make sure you got them.

The only bad thing about this was the location, there's a Villa Market close by that's open till midnight for like snacks if you don't want to order hotel food. They sell fruits, soda, chips, ice cream and all sort. There's a Shabu-Shabu next to it and another restaurant but not much to go on for a decent restaurant in this area.

I think pedestrian crossing is not very popular with Thai so prepare to walk tons of bridges to cross over. From the hotel you can catch a Sathorn BRT then get of the next stop, then from there you can get on the BTS to go to Siam or the MRT.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel was nice and the service was good, however this hotel did not really do it for me. It did not feel 'special' even though there was nothing to complain about except perhaps the location.

Our suite was nice even though it felt a bit like an apartment. The pool was nice and never felt crowded. The best part of our stay was the breakfast buffet which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suntrip62
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I rented a 120 sqm service apartment at Anantara Sathorn for a period of several months, since facing loud construction noises in front of my own place, hence using the place during week-end and sometimes at night.
Value for money is excellent - large rooms for a very reasonable price. Comfortable furniture, good and convenient layout. Wi-Fi provided free of charge is of very good quality.
Excellent quality of the housekeeping, and overall bed, linen, towels
Peaceful place
Overall very friendly and competent staff.
Excellent fitness facility
Location is a bit an issue, as commented by other reviewers, since next to a large and busy main street - but it's rather difficult to find a large hotel or service apartment complex inside a small and peaceful street, isn't it ?
Outstanding quality of residence management - any of the issues I have faced was addressed in a remarkably short amount of time, with excellent sense of customer care and a very high level of professionalism –

At the end, it is always arguable whether a place is nicer compared to another one, or whether its location is better or not. However, there are always issues and concerns during a long stay rental.
But clearly, when dealing with smart, competent, and very efficient management, its such a peace of mind, a real luxury which is not common.

Very warmly recommend Anantara Service Apartments in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms located North-East are probably more quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marc-Philippe G:

I was delighted to read that you are enjoying your residence with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers to highlight our serviced apartments as an additional option available at the Ananantara Bangkok Sathorn.

Thank you for your positive feedback about the level of service of our team. We are passionate to provide our guests with a warm and pleasant experience and it is my pleasure to read that we meet your expectations.

We thank you for making the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn your home! Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com should I be able to assist you in any way.

Kind regards

Brisbane
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our stay was very pleasurable, our room only consist of a King size bed, which was comfortable and a bathroom, we didnt need anything else because we were only there to sleep. It was very hot in Bangkok around 40deg so it was so nice to come back to a lovely cool room and a swim in the pool.
There was free Wifi in public areas which we found wonderful.
Breakfast was good with lots of chooses.
We found the staff friendly and helpful.
The Sky Train was only about 10 mins walk away which took us to many sites in Bangkok, especially the MBK shopping centre.
The only down side we found was there wasnt much of a choose of places to eat close by.
We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JanisBrisbane:

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers. In particular it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our lap pool and the service of our team.

Thank you for your feedback about restaurants close by and we will ensure that our concierge have some suggestions for our guests.

We would love to have you come and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at szotoff@anantara.com should I be able to assist you in any way in the future. Alternatively please visit Anantara dot com for the best rates on offer.

Kind regards
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels. The one-bedrooms are suites, with a large living area and huge bathroom. Great breakfast every morning and the restaurant/room service food is really nice as well. Super staff. 10 minutes to Chong Nosi BTS station. I highly recommend this hotel. They have taken great care of me during my extended stay here.

Room Tip: I prefer the view on the north side of the skyline. The south side, you can see the river.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business