“Thank you Dia for everything...!!!”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #73 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Myself and my girlfriend recently moved to Bangkok for business reasons 2 weeks ago. We spent about a week looking around Sathorn and Rathadamri for an apartment for 3 months as we wanted to see if we liked living in Bangkok before we committed to a long term stay and therefore restricted most of our searches to service apartments. We spent many hours everyday looking at what must have been over 50 places to finally settle in Anantara Sathorn. When we first arrived we were met by the very gracious and helpful Dia who works in sales. She has perfect English so could explain everything to us in a way we could understand. She was so friendly and helpful and before we even decided to move in she made us feel right at home there. We had actually decided on another place but after meeting Dia and seeing Anantara we decided to settle here. Everyone in the hotel has been so so helpful we could not ask for more. Great pool, fantastic gym (especially if you are into weigh training), yoga everyday free, shuttle bus to the local BTS, we are in a 2 bed apartment and for Bangkok, it has tones of space.

Thanks to all at Anantara and especially to Dia for really making us feal so welcome here:)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank marcuswhy

Reviewed May 9, 2011

The Anantara Hotel has the luxury and standards of the famous business hotel chains but offers that little extra more. Extra large luxurious bedrooms, a multi language staff that is friendly with a personal - and sincere - touch. A very nice swimming pool and gym. I haven't used the spa, but cannot imagine it being less good. Locations is good - close to sky train, and taxi is cheap in Thailand anyway. To be recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HobbesGent
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Just stayed in Anantara over last weekend.

The hotel is 5* in all aspects. Good services, new & modern decor and spacious room with balcony.

However, it does have a few drawbacks
1) The hotel is relatively new. Most BKK taxi drivers do not know the place. I was driven to the middle of nowhere on the arrival date. DONT LIKE BKK TAXI.
2) The central air-con inside the room is a bit noisy.
3) The sun deck does not get sunshine until 11am and beyond in the morning (not sure about afternoon) because Tower 2 blocks the morning sunlight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel_HK097
AussiExpatinHongKong, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2011

Dear Daniel_HK097

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am delighted you have chosen to share this feedback through Tripadvisor.

I am sorry you found the Taxi's in Bangkok frustrating, and in particular that they were unfamiliar with our hotel. We are currently participating in an education process with the Bangkok Taxi companies to inform them of our location. Similarly we have a Taxi card that provides taxi drivers with the correct address of our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback , and I trust that should your travels bring you back to Bangkok we will have the pleasure of your company again. Should I be able to assist you in any way further please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Melanie Smith
General Manger
msmith@anantara.com

Reviewed May 3, 2011

very beautiful modern design 5* hotel. top location, very quiet, only one BTS Station to downtown (bars, clubs, shops...). Rooms are very clean and very good decorated. I feel like at home!
The food quality (breakfast, pool and diner) is perfect! Everything is fresh. I love the breakfast buffet!! You find everything you wish. The staff is very friendly and lovely! Thank you for the nice time i had at the Anantara Sathorn!
The service at the reception is also great. They always help you whatever you want... It is what i expect when i book a 5* hotel but you don´t get it everywhere. In this hotel you are the king!
I can recommand this hotel to everybody! You will not regret it! I will come again!!!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank tintin1968_11
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stayed at the Anantara Bangkok sathorn Mar 24-27 and Mar 31-Apr 5, 2011.
I truely enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very
modern, spacious and clean and best of all the price was right. Very good location
with easy access to the Sky train for any sightseeing or Siam shopping mall or
even walking distance to the night market. Overall I think this is a hotel worth considering for your next trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor,got 21 with a great view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DennyR
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I indeed enjoyed my stay in Bangkok with Anantara Bangkok Sathorn - this is one of the most satisfying stays I have had ever.

Staffs - very friendly and well spoken (in English even)

Room - very spacious 3 compartments (living hall, bedroom and kitchen). The room is clean, well furnished and homely

Bar and facilities - The bar is quiet and very comfy to stay at for drinks. Pool side is another good place to hangout while enjoying the night view of Bangkok city

Geography - The hotel is 10 minutes walk from Chong Non Si BTS station and Papong. These are some of the most popular and interesting places to visit in Bangkok city (at least for me :)). Being not too far from city, nor in the city itself (which can be noisy at times), Anantara is a very good spot for me to take a leisure take after a whole day of traveling somewhere else.

Room Tip: Look out to the promotion given out by Anantara!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lamcouz
Reviewed April 23, 2011

First of all staying at Anantara Sathoen was a fabulas expirence and I would definatly looking forward to come back next year. I had a 4D3N stay and a booked the deluxe room over Agoda. I was able to grab S$81/Night deal and it is total worth it! Before arrival I emailed Melanie Smith for the address in Thai so that it will be easy to communicate with the taxi drivers. The emails from the hotel was really fast and I already had a good forst impression. I had a Bangkok stop over from Chennai before coming back to Singapore. I had a morning flight which landed 5.30am. My hubby needed to get on arrival Visa and had to wait a horrible 2 hours in the airport. We end up reaching the hotel 9am. The receptionist and the bell boy were really polite and warm. We actually request to check in at 11am but we were must earlier so I had other plan. We decided to visit Chatuchat Market before checking in and they kept our luggages. The receptionist suggested that we could freshen up in the gym changing room before that. The changing room was so tidy and clean. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

After our trip we got our room. It was more like a suite rather than a deluxe room! For that price it was a great value. I heard it was a new hotel merely 2 year old. I actually emailed the hotel stating that it was our honeymoon that they did floral arrangement in the bed and the bath tub. 15 mins later we had a suprise! We had a delicious truffle cake delivered to us. It was soo sweet of the hotel to made our honeymoon even special! The room was spotless, tiny and huge! It had 2 floor to ceiling balcony which provide a paranomal view of the Bangkok city. The bed for soo comfy and the bathroom was big and clean. In the living area there was dining table, a small kithcen area, study area, TV and sofas. I had a homely feeling and I really love the ambience. I had tried the swimming pool and it was queit and peaceful. I had the welcome mocktail vochers but I didn't get to use it as I had to time for that. I wish I had stayed longer.

The location was rather central and near to severeal famous landmark.
(In Taxi)
To Airport 45mins
To Sri Mariamman Temple (Silom Rd) 10mins Alot of massage palours nearby
To Patpong Night Bazaar 15mins
To Platinam Fashion Mall 25 mins
To MBK Mall 20 mins
To Sukhumvit soi 3 25 Mins
To Chatuchat Market 30 mins

The Hotel is a twin tower building which wide range of facilities and it is located in the central business area. The location is very decent and neat.

Basically the hotel had very minor drawback
The hotel was very quiet and I heard it only had 50% occupancy.
The Brand Anantara had goodwill all over Asia but many are still not aware of Anantara Sathorn. The Hotel need to look into promoting this property and it is still new.

I highly recommendthis hotel and I would like to Thank The Front Desk manager, Patrapramot Chaemkoson for the welcome card which you personally wrote to welcome us. It was too sweet of you and the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple