“Nice hotel, friendly staff.”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #57 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Bangkok on our way through to Vietnam.

The transfer (taxi) picked us up from the airport for a reasonable fee (approx 600 bht), and took us to the hotel where we were greeted by two friendly receptionist. We were given a welcome drink and breakfast provided whilst we waited for our room (we arrived early morning and waited approximately 90 minutes for our room).

Little bit out of main Bangkok Centre but really close to a sky train station (we then used the sky train to go back to the airport and it was a lot quicker than fighting the Bangkok traffic). It took about 15 minutes if that to get into the city centre (national stadium) on the sky train.

We ventured to the "leather market" and got a real insight into the real Bangkok away from the tourists (be warned it's not for the faint hearted).

When our room was ready we were glad to find a very clean and well appointed room.

A comfortable stay was had.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was our second visit to the Bangkok Loft Inn and we were impressed again. The staff were very helpful especially with travel plans. They were also very sweet with our son and gave him lots of fruit every time he passed through the lobby. The rooms have everything you need and we enjoyed the breakfasts each morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our first night in Thailand. We thought it was close to the airport as we has to catch a flight the next day. Turned out to be a 30 minute drive from the Suvarnabhumi airport. We arrived at the hotel and the people were super nice; carried our backpacks, brought us fresh orange juice, and even taught us some Thai lingo. Got up to our room and it looked beautiful and clean but when you go into the washroom there are constantly a trail of tiny bugs coming out of the sink. By constant I mean...after you kill them, more come out so DON'T leave your products or toothbrush by the sink!!
The next morning we had a DELICIOUS breakfast!!!
After our stay and a few days later my boyfriend tried to use his credit card to book another flight...the card didn't work...a few tries later with smaller purchases..still didn't work. He then found out that since staying at this hotel, there were multiple fraudulent charges! One of which was $1200 CAD!!!
Too bad this happened because minus this and the bugs, I would've recommended this place to anyone.

8  Thank Sher88zy
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in April 2014. The staff was very helpful, some spoke English better than others, but they gave us recommendations on where to go and what to avoid. They warned us about tricks the tuk-tuk drivers and vendors use to take advantage of tourists which really came in handy. Room was clean and all we needed considering the urban area we were staying in. Breakfast was made to order every morning. The location isn't that great, so you need to take the BTS to get anywhere, luckily the station is right down the road, but this is budget hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Having been to many good small hotels and serviced apartment, and having seen the good rating of this hotel, I had quite a high expectation. However, I must say that this place let me down quite a bit. I will talk about both the good and the bad side.

The bad side: The room is worn out with paint peeling, the aircon sometimes gives noise, the closet is not of good quality, room had no balcony, bedsheet and pillow case got blood stain, no food in the room service menu, only drink, the water from the shower took quite a while to warm up, and most of all the internet is of bad quality, very slow.

The good side: The receptionist staff were friendly and very helpful. They offered me banana and welcome drink. They helped me make copies of documents. They provided me an iron with iron table when I asked for. The breakfast was delicious, fresh, and had a good variety. The location is very close to BTS skywalk. The room has two big glass windows that allow me to enjoy the sunlight coming through. There are hairdryer and tea-coffee maker in the room.

For overall quality, however, the price should be a bit cheaper, in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Khema1979
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our Thailand honeymoon in January 2014. The staff was very helpful, some spoke English better than others, but they gave us recommendations on where to go and what to avoid. They warned us about tricks the tuk-tuk drivers and vendors use to take advantage of tourists which really came in handy. Room was clean and all we needed considering the urban area we were staying in. Breakfast was made to order every morning and although their "western" breakfasts weren't quite what we were expecting, it was edible. The location isn't that great, so you need to take the BTS to get anywhere, luckily the station is right down the road. Would definitely recommend if you're not looking to spend a ton of money on the big 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

2nd time here and still great.
Pick up at the airport, warm greeting, clean and quite room.
Breakfast is simple and you can eat fruits that taste so much better than in the uk.

As most say, it is a bit out of town, but for us this is good. Some areas in Bangkok are loud and in your face. Not the case here.
There is now a covered area to walk to the sky train and then you are most places in town within 20min.