We stayed at this hotel for four nights and absolutely loved it! We booked through Agoda and emailed the hotel regarding the free airport pickup and this was arranged immediately. We initially couldn't find our driver, but just stay at Exit Number 3 and he will be there somewhere. Our flight arrived a little late, so I think he may have got bored and went for a wander. It took just over an hour to get to the hotel from the airport, due to heavy Bangkok traffic.
We were greeted by three lovely receptionists, who were sooo helpful and sooo friendly.
Our room was clean and had a hugggeee bed :)
Quick bulletpointers about the hotel:
- Breakfast was nice enough, nothing amazing. The lady working there was very sweet and helpful.
- As you know, it is a five min walk to Wongwian Yai BTS - so useful!
- To return to the airport is 400 Baht in a taxi (the hotel will give you a list of options) or it was 85 Baht each to catch the trains. We tried out this option and was great. Yes, we did have to change three times (two trains on the BTS and then you buy a new ticket for the Airport Train), but it really was not bad at all (and we had two heavy suitcases, camera bag, handbag and laptop bag!). After the first change, we just had to walk 5 meters across the platform for the next train, so no lifts to use. It was good being in a train, where you are able to see the suburbs on Bangkok. The whole journey only took an hour - it took longer in the car!
- Limited choice for food - there is a restaurant across the road, but it open after 6pm. I believe there is a 'Robinson Mall' about a 10-15 minute walk away. We never went to the one near the hotel, but went to one in town (think it is a small chain for restaurants and a food mart) and the food choice was good - had Mc D's, MK Restaurant (must try) and a few others.
- Money exchange center across the road. The rate we got there was the best compared to everyone else in Bangkok, even if it was just by 0.20 Baht. We got £50 worth of currency from the airport and the rate was 2 THB less per pound than what the rate was at this Exchange Center.
- Two stops away from Central Pier (Saphan Taksin), whcih is also the stop to get off at for the SkyBar.
Def stay here - it a lovely place and is such good value for money. It used to feel quite nice getting onto the BTS at midnight and escaping the chaotic areas of Sukhmvit and Siam. It also feels very 'local' as you will not see any foreigners (apart from those staying at this hotel!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok Loft Inn is the city’s newest luxurious boutique sanctuary, which is newly opened in October 25, 2009. The hotel is just a stone’s throw from the BTS Skytrain station so most of the city’s prime landmarks and the Sathorn, Silom and Sukhumvit business districts are right on your doorstep. Also, guests will enjoy easy access to all parts of the city, whether they choose to navigate by road or rail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Bangkok Loft Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bangkok Loft Hotel Bangkok