“Excellent introduction to Thailand!”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #58 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The staff at this place are really amazing! Very friendly and offering relevant advice, they even provide free airport transfer :)
They make this beautiful hotel really shine!
If you're lucky, you'll get the rooms not facing the main street which are much more quiet.

The problem with the road-side rooms is that you can hear the traffic through the aircon vent but we were really tired and didn't care that much.

Don't be put away by the location, it's a short 10min walk to the skytrain and the neighborhood is quite picturesque, with great street food on one of the boulevards reaching the Taksin Square. Also, on the same street there is a nice fruit & veggies market open till late.

Metered taxis will also get you anywhere and are very affordable.

Room Tip: choose room not facing the main blvd if possible!

Reviewed April 25, 2011

When looking at where to stay in Bangkok, my boyfriend and I soon realised that the prices reduced the further out you went and so based on great TA reviews we booked here for 3 nights. We had a free collection from the airport, and a friendly welcome. Our room, 404, was great, clean and modern, with a MASSIVE bed!
It's only a few minutes walk to the Skytrain station which got us everywhere we needed.
The breakfasts are yummy too - I had the pork with rice and BBQ sauce every day! Perfect start to a day of sightseeing.
We'd definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I booked this hotel because of the positive reviews on tripadvisor. And I must say I was not disappointed at all! The location is just a little bit out of the center but I did not mind. Because this means bigger rooms for a lower price (I booked mine for $35 excl breakfast). The BTS station is really not far!!
The staff is always friendly and interested in their guests.
I stayed in room 407 and this room had a supersize bed. My friends in another room did not have this. So next time I will certainly try to get room 407 again! The rooms also have free internet.

Room Tip: book room 407 with this HUGE bed
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I loved this place. Perhaps the best hotel we stayed in during our honeymoon. This is my third time in Bangkok and my husband's first. I wanted to show him the cultural side of Bangkok, plus I wanted to stay on the other side of the river. The Bangkok Loft Inn was just perfect for that.

We arrived in Bangkok in the early evening. Because I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, the hotel provided me with a complimentary airport pick up. What an excellent deal I got! When we arrived, we were welcomed by Pat and Noy. Pat briefed us about the area--where to eat and how to go about. They were both so nice and pleasant. Throughout the course of our stay, we would always ask Pat and Noy for directions and help, and they would always have a smile on their faces and offer whatever help they could. Pat even went so far as speak with our airline when we couldn't reach it. We couldn't understand the man who answered the phone because he didn't speak English, so she kindly spoke to him for us--it turned out that everyone was out because it was Chakri Day in Bangkok when we visited.

The room was small but very nice, clean and modern. The bed was comfortable. We had a nice working area, a big flat screen TV, a closet with a safe, and a very nice bathroom. They gave us complimentary bottled water.

The location was great. But you should know that Thonburi is on the other side of the river--which means it's across the river from the tourist and shopping spots in Bangkok. It's not too far removed from the city, though. The BTS is a 5-minute walk from the hotel--from there, you can go to the river or to the major shopping belt of Bangkok. The BTS was so near that it wasn't such a chore to us when we had to come back to the hotel 3 times within one day!

The staff was excellent and very, very warm. It's amazing! The driver and the door man, though they didn't speak English, were very nice and helped us in any way they could. The very nice and pretty breakfast lady was so nice, too. They always had a smile on their faces.

Oh, you have to choose your breakfast a day ahead. This seems a little bit unusual, but it's really not much of a hassle. They have a nice selection. And for breakfast, aside from what you've chosen already, they also provide a nice simple buffet spread for you. They have bread, butter and jam, a nice local breakfast selection of sweets and rice cakes, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee, tea, fruits and lots more. Just for breakfast alone, it's a great way to wake up in Bangkok!

Did I also mention the nice little business center they have? Loved the furniture. They have 2 computer terminals for you to use for free--that's aside from the free WiFi they provide in each room. They also have a small library in the center, in case you need something to do to pass your time or relax.

Here's a tip: go to the business center and browse through the little stand with the little cards the size of credit cards. Some of those cards provide discounts to tours and shops. I felt so bad when I missed out on a discount for the Chao Phraya Express Tour boat day pass.

2  Thank KimSV
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This was our first vist together to Thailand. As 40 somethings this was also the first time we had slung on our backpacks and decided to go with the flow. Bangkok Loft was the only pre booked hotel we had made prior to departure and, true to tripadvisor's reviews, we were over the moon. Bob and all the staff were brilliant. They were so welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is spotless, the bed huge and the situation was perfect. Close enough to the skytrain but far enough from the well trodden tourist track.

If you've got a sense of adventure, Cha-roen-chai restaurant directly opposite the hotel is a must. Probably the best food we ate in Thailand. We loved it so much that the Bangkok Loft gave us a copy of the menu to show all our friends back home. Look out for the stir fried chopped frog, jungle curry and fermented duck egg alongside an amazing fresh fish selection!

We headed south after leaving Bangkok were we were caught up in the most horrendous floods Thailand has seen in 20 years. This is how good The Bangkok Loft is.....the staff not sure of we were emailed to see if we were ok?!! As it happens we were stuck on a remote beach on Ko Pha Ngan unable to reach the rescue aircraft carrier due to the mudslides. When we eventually returned to Bangkok, a bit battered and bruised, we headed straight back to the hotel for a further 3 nights.

We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in the city. Thanks so much all of you.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

This does (as everyone says) live up to the reviews! It is a lovely place to stay. They keep it clean and comfortable. Simple, but well chosen decorations, good beds, great TVs, wifi, and (the highlight) the wonderfully helpful staff.
They'll offer good advice on any subject you need. They'll help you on your way every morning to wherever you are going, letting you know the best way (either cheap or fast) to get there and help you decide what you shouldn't miss, if you're wondering. Wonderful!
They will pick you up at the airport (even if you are incredibly late getting in and accidently give them your flight number for your departing flight!), then greet you with juice as you check in. The breakfast was delicious - there is a great pastry/bread and fruit spread with cereal, yoghurt, and drinks, plus you choose a main breakfast portion each night for the next morning (those were delicious, although more than I usually eat in the morning!).
The bath products could be improved, but everything else is so wonderful I didn't mind them skimping there (I should have brought my own!). Do bring your own conditioner if you need it for your hair. I have a big, curly mane and I couldn't get a comb through it after a couple days with just the shampoo.
The neighborhood is interesting, if a little far from most tourist attractions. You can get on the SkyTrain just around the corner. It is worth heading down the street in the other direction for street food vendors and markets (or the Robinson's Galleria past King Tuksin monument roundabout). On Friday night, the first sidewalk food "stall" was a fantastic place to eat. They're the one with tablecloths and real dishes on the sidewalk. Absolutely wonderful food!
We loved our stay so much, we already returned there!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2011

this is my best stay in BKK - after 10 years of travelling and staying in Bangkok.

I did reservation and i was charged
20$ per night, no breakf. - via Agoda

dal 2002 viaggio in Thailand e paesi ivcini, via Bkk.

My journey was the best of ever. Since 2002.

The courtesy and nice cooperative clerk helped me in my stay, and not only....
they are retaing also a plant I could not take in Itsaly on the way back.

I solved many daily problems with their help.

For my curiosity and requests the reception always gave me the best indication and corroboration. I was lookin for massages services, and they helped me to fond the right placesa and right price...

for Going to CHAK-TO-CHAK market they assured me that skytrain was the best trasport mean. and so IT WAS..
... THANK YOU VERY MUCH LOFT INN!!!

I will be back in nov.2011.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple