“Nice room just far away from anywhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bangkok Patio

Bangkok Patio
Ranked #169 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
“Nice room just far away from anywhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Perfect rooms, great service
All of staff really make us confortable.
I love all the amenities (esp the shampoo).
Just far away from anywhere but the staff will help you to get accodation.
Overal i really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here just last week and was really, really pleased with what I got- it's like a hotel suite for a fraction of the price! I was here on business, but had a two bedroom apartment, kitchen, two ensuites, living areas- all very well appointed etc. The fitness and pool facilities were good, staff were very friendly and there was a tuk-tuk service to the nearest station Sanam Pao on demand. I did get a discount through an agent, but for me- it was really excellently priced and in a perfect location for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't rave any more about how perfect Bangkok Patio was for my needs. I was in Bangkok for a volunteer work project and needed a hassle free all included apartment. The team managing this accommodation couldn't be more helpful. They were always quietly aware of my needs and were looking out for me. The all inclusive price is easy to manage. Free wifi makes it easy to transition from home country smart phone service provider to local SIM. Grab a prepaid from any 7 /11.

The pool and gym are very convenient, the in-house laundry is either do it yourself or they can arrange for dry leaning etc. It's location isn't in the normal tourist places, it's very close to the Sanam Pao Skytrain and the team will drop you by Tuk Tuk. You are close to a supermarket and all other essentials. A great option.

• Stayed July 2013
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been to Bangkok Patio three times already, it maintained a good standard throughout the last 3 years (or more...). Good price, nice swimmingpool and gym area, clean,well connected to Bangkok downtown with the bts and very close to Ari, area full of nice and cozy restaurants . The only problem is that, in certain rooms, one of the two bathrooms smell quite bad... you could check with them before entering and they (generally) will change you the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Is a nice and very reasonable priced apartment building well situated as it’s not too far from to Sanam Pao BTS station with a free "tuc tuc" shuttle between station and apartment. The BTS sky train is great to get around town. Bangkok traffic is slow so when possable take the BTS...

Just up the road beside ARI BTS station you have La Villa center where there’s plenty of upscale restaurants to get some dinner.

The new apartments are quiet, clean, and very spacious with large screen TV’s, cooking & laundry appliances. The gym and swimming pool is clean, nice and good. The staff and manager are courteous and good-mannered.

It's good value for your money and equally decent for short or long stay. My family stayed about 1 month and we had no complaints. Any requests we had were taken care of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Recommended by my sis-in-law about bangkok patio. Both me and my husband really enjoyed our stay there! Stayed there for 5 nights. Nothing disappoint us. Service are awesome! One of their male staff are really really helpful, courteous and humble. Too bad we didn't get to know his name.
Front desk lady is nice too.

Love everything bout the apartment. From the room, Toilet, kitchenette, gym, swimming pool, we can do our laundry too and it's free!

For us location is strategic too.. People
Might say its too far! But to us.. It's not!
There is a free tuk-tuk ride from the apartment to the Main Street where u can either take a cab, bts or tuk tuk to get to ur destination..

will be staying in this apartment AGAIN! ;-)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mikh_q
Shinjuku, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

First, I would like to give a little background of why I chose this particular "hotel" rather than others in Bangkok. Being that I was looking for accommodation that offered a kitchenette and laundry facilities (either in room or on site) since I was travelling with an 8 month old baby, I tried to limit my search to "service apartments". I chose this hotel based on numerous other reviews commending the staff for their service and attitude.

Though I would be wrong to say it was "terrible", it was a very "disappointing" experience to say the least.
Service or Lack thereof:
First, when I arrived at the lobby (10pm: prior notification given), lights in the lobby were completely off leaving the entire place in the dark. The security officer on duty, "Mr. Anan" I think his name was, looked confused as he had no information that anyone was checking in. He turned on the lights to the lobby and asked us to have a seat while he tried to determine why their system had no information that I was due to arrive that night. Through 15 minutes in a hot lobby of trying to communicate with him and showing him my "confirmation booking letter", he said a mistake was made. They realized someone at the front desk mistakenly put that I was checking in on Feb 19th for 6 days rather than the actual reservation of Feb 16th for 9 days.

Another 15 minutes passed with my wife, mother, and baby sitting in a hot lobby before another woman arrived seemingly annoyed at us! She said "SHE" mistakenly input the reservation and for us to check into another room and move to a new room the following day. After another back and forth discussion that lasted another half hour, she said there was nothing else she could do..

I understand things happen and nothing could have been done but honestly, she should have at the very least apologized! Not once did she say "I am sorry". Tired and exhausted for having to deal with that situation in the hot lobby, I checked in and moved to another room the following day.

Several days later, we decided to use the hotel's "tuk tuk" service as it is offered complimentary to drop guests off at the station (5min walk away, but very dark at night). Upon dropping us off, the driver gave us a note with a number and told us to call if we need to be picked up. To our surprise when we called, the front desk woman said “we do not pick up and drop off only. We will do this time but next time please remember we do not pick up”.
I reluctantly just waited for the driver to pick us up but was frustrated as to why the driver told us to call in the first place to be picked up! Needless to say, I did not use the Tuk Tuk at all during the remainder of our stay. I tipped the driver more than what it would have cost a taxi anyways and maybe that was why he was nice to offer pickup for us but I really didn’t want to experience that lack of respect to guests given by the young woman from the front desk. Surprising thing was I did see long term residents getting dropped off/picked up all the time. I assume this was not extended to short term guests.

Lastly, on the final day of my stay, they were cleaning the pool and the use of chlorine and other chemicals were somehow getting into our room. I requested the front desk to see if there was any room open so that I could just move my baby so she could sleep in an environment not so “toxic” from the smell. The only response was that they brought in an air cleaner and replied all rooms were full. I just took my family out of the hotel and came back after cleaning had been done but was not at all happy.

I apologize to any reader for my rambling but I just was really irritated with the level of service at this establishment. To be informative, let me explain about the room.
Hotel itself:
The room itself is "ok". It is clean and quite spacious (about 80-85 sqmeters) but is not a 4 or 5 star category hotel. Shampoo/conditioner bottles were in clear plastic bottles that had no labels (slight cheesy feeling). Exterior of hotel seems modern but rooms seemed dated. Towels, sheets, blanket covers were simple and basic (low quality) but they were clean. Cleaning is done only on every 3rd day and towels would be changed if you called to request it.
Location:
Location is roughly 5-8min walk from the station but could be scary at night since the streets are poorly lit. All in all, if you are a budget traveler/family looking for a spacious room making it cost effective, I guess it would be ok given I had received a rate of 3500 per night inclusive of all taxes/fees. Note: Breakfast is not offered .
Notes:
Though I could have just yelled and screamed to cancel my reservation, I did not since I wanted to honor my commitment to the 9 day stay I reserved. On check out day, I quickly left bright and early and moved to another Serviced Apartment which was 10x better than Bangkok Patio for only 50% more in cost.

The only thing I miss about Bangkok Patio is the gentleman at the gate Mr. Anan. His English is quite limited but he did try very hard to make all guests feel welcomed. I wish the staff at the front desk would learn from him what it means to have “customer service” skills. You need not speak perfect English to show guests good customer service. Everyone can see it in your attitude and effort. I wish him all the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family