DS67 Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$214
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
All reviewsphra khanongfamily martbts stationair conon nutminute walksmall roomfree breakfastclean roomsfamily roomlocation is greattop floorsukhumvit areads67thaimarketnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This can be described as a funky little hotel in a good location near the Sky Train (1 minute walk). There are not many restaurants or shops nearby, but the hotel givees fantastic advice on where to eat and what to do. There is a large shopping centre (MBK) 2 skytrain stops away. You could probably walk there in 10 mins. The rooms are nice and very clean, reasonable size with a good use of space. Take the suggestion of completing your first day tour by yourself from that described by the hotel staff (they told us after midnight!!).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mathew F
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I spent two nights at DS67 at the end of my trip to Thailand. I choose it primarily due to its proximity to Ekkamai Bus Station. The staff at this hotel are amazing! Probably the best I have ever experienced in Thailand. Before heading to Koh Samet island, I dropped off a bag to the hotel, which they stored for free and even remembered my email. When I came back a week later they knew me by name, asked me about my trip to koh samet and brought my bag without needing to ask which one (maybe it was the only one). Its an easy to miss hotel as it doesn't have much of a "face", its right on Sukhumvit road, corner of soi 67. The hotel itself is simply cool. Its an old building (fire station maybe) that they modernized while keeping elements of the original building. The rooms are average size, with lots of storage and a nice bathroom. Again, the rooms are just cool. I stayed in the Wat Arun room, it had a huge painting of the Wat on the wall plus pictures scattered around the room. As some others have said, the rooms are fairly dim and there is not much light - either natural or other. I managed to read without too much trouble though. They offer a free breakfast in a gorgeous breakfast room upstairs that look out over the skytrain. The breakfast was only so-so, but the room is worth the mediocre meal. As others have stated, the BTS does run right by and you can feel it sometimes. It woke me up once, but asides from that i didn't really notice, mostly just feels like a slight vibration. The only downside of this hotel is the location. Again, it is quite close to Ekkamai Bus station, but unfortuantely not much else. It is not a very nice neighbourhood and there is nothing in the way of restaurants, nightlife, shopping or any other attractions nearby. With that said, there is a BTS stop about 5 minutes away so it is easy to get whereever you are going. I would highly recommend this hotel for its uniqueness, its amazing staff and its proximity to Ekkamai - just be prepared to have to make use of the BTS for food and entertainment.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ladybug269
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Like the title says I feel that I got a good value for what I paid. My pricing was promotional but I think the regular price is still reasonable for the amenities you get and the cleanliness of the room. The room was just the right size for me with a comfortable bed and decent shower. It's situated very close to a BTS station. I read some reviews saying that it wasn't but, come on people, it's a two minute walk maximum. The service was very pleasant; a gentleman even explained to me how the whole street system of Bangkok works when I just asked about directions. That definitely helped me during my visit. My only issue was the first night when I expected airport pickup (booked through Asiarooms.com) and no one was there. When I called the hotel about it they didn't understand what I was asking due to a language barrier and I ended up just getting a taxi at the airport. This, however, could have just been a miscommunication on the part of the website I had booked with. I don't hold it against them because my whole stay had been so pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cenobite3
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I am presently staying at the Ds67 and have been here now for six days. I leave tomorrow for Koh Tao. I have enjoyed my stay very much and agree with all of the positive reviews I've read so far. This hotel IS good value for money. The decor is quite something and whoever planned and/or owns the hotel was obviously making a bold statement that they wanted their hotel to be different. Well done. I only have one caveat and this is something the poor hotel can do little about. The breakfast area is lovely BUT, it is on the Sukhumvit Road side of the hotel, is open air, on the fifth floor and directly adjacent to the BTS Sukhumvit Line. Breakfast is between seven and ten each morning (quite a nice standard American breakfast by the way) but the cacophony of noise originating from the street below and the trains passing on the BTS is all but deafening. It's not really conducive to chatting with friends, sitting, reading, writing postcards or eating breakfast for that matter. Towards the end of my stay I was almost gulping down my breakfast in order to leave the noise behind. But this is the only negative point to the hotel and, as mentioned, the poor hotel can do little about Sukhumvit Road. In contrast to the breakfast area, my room was very quiet and I slept like a log each evening. I will be staying at the Ds67 in future but will probably go somewhere quieter for breakfast each morning.
Note: To the owner/manager. Have you considered installing some active noise reduction technology in the breakfast area? Would make the Ds76 one of the best hotels in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2011

A very easy walk from the Pra Khanong BTS, indeed just a 2 min walk, no need to cut corners to walk to the hotel, just coming down straight from the overhead bridge and head straight.

Entering the hotel, it had a cosy feel, and the welcome drink, made with herbs were served with crushed ice to us. V, liked it very much.. which is rare because he seldom praises, unless its really good.

The check-in was swift, and unexpected,because I had asked a plethora of questions on where to eat, what to do, we were ushered in to our rooms, so unexpected good service, never experienced it before.

In the room we stayed, was the Giant Swing. And because the hotel was new, the facilities were very good, bed was on the right and firm, they had a mini fridge in there that was good and working, no foul smells whatsoever, table, strategically placed mirrors where it doesnt face the bed(if you are into fengshui, sometimes people get scared when they wake up in the middle of the night to see their own reflection), the bathroom was well designed, though not big, but it had light from a lamp beside the bed, through a thick, frosted glass, so thick that when V tried to peer into the bathroom, he wasnt able to see what he wanted to see. No need to bring shampoo and soap as they had dispensers. The towels were changed daily even though we did not request for it, another kind gesture. Overall a very nice, clean feel to it.

we had a nice surprise on Xmas day, returned back to hotel with slices of vanilla cake on our table, with a handwritten card that wrote, 'Merry Xmas'! very nice gesture of them! Normally, if we stayed in other hotels, esp the one near the Ratchathewi hotel, a compulsory dinner is required, which meant us paying more.

The service staff at counter was nice, the lady with the rosy cheeks, the very slim lady, the Chinese looking and young looking lady, all gave us good directions to the MBK, airport, esp good was to the night market at Thong Lo, where the locals ate, to the Platinum Fashion Mall, didnt get anything from there as they didnt allow us to try clothes on, to the Chatuchak market, actually curious that one said that the Chatuchak market opens at 530am, fortunately, we set off at about 8 plus, reaching there 9am, where most stalls were just opened.

In the morning, breakfast is served on the 5th floor and had a rooftop garden feel to it, loved the Thai mats and ate like royalty. When we arrived there, expected a simple breakfast as Ive seen in reviews from here. Hence 2 cereals, cold milk, coffee and tea were there, after a few mins, breakfast was automatically served! They must had cameras installed at the breakfast area, super automatic. Anyway, the breakfast was bread and butter, sausage, eggs, complete with fruit- banana and perfectly pared apples. In other hotels, I dont think they would go the distance to pare apples so perfectly for you. They ran the extra distance. The noise from traffic below travelled up to breakfast area. As we stayed there for 4 nights, breakfast was repeated after 2 days. If I may offer a suggestion, is to alternate the breakfast. Something Thai would be nice. I'm not sure whether I would stay there again due to the proximity to MBK and Chatuchak areas. I wish they would open another branch nearer to MBK area, perhaps 5-8 min walking distance to the BTS would be acceptable if nearer the MBK area where the major activities are. By the way, On Nut had night markets on at night too.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple