“Great Service. Good location. Clean and Decent Rooms.”
Review of DS67 Suites

DS67 Suites
Ranked #343 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have read good comments about this Hotel so I thought of giving my self a try to experience it first-hand.

The hotel is situated near a BTS Skytrain station (Phra Kanong if I remember it right) approximately 5 mins or less walk from the station. At first glance, it really looks like a boutique hotel. It's not huge but at least it's organized and well maintained. Not to mention the contemporary theme of the whole hotel. We requested and was granted to stay in a connecting room (family room). Rooms were always tidy (though at night, light is too deem and cannot go any brighter). Air-conditioner and other equipment are in good condition. Comfort rooms were always clean; towels were replaced when needed.

All staff rendered great service during our stay. They made sure to be as accommodating and helpful as possible especially to tourists like us. It's unfortunate I wasn't able to remember their names. The staff at the mini coffee shop was extremely friendly. She get to greet me and make sure to start small talk regarding my vacation. We were attended promptly by staffs whenever we have requests. On one time, the manager on duty helped me plan our tour of the day. She did suggest and advice a lot of things and it was a great help indeed. On our last day of stay, I was rushing to find some items for last minute shopping. The front desk agent helped me a lot (she even called somebody) to attend to my concern. They all dealt with us with care and concern.

It really is a good decision to try this hotel. Great value for money and most especially great staff service.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there are rooms with view aside from one of the rooms we booked facing the road. bu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bancarl

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Every time I go to Bangkok (at least 2 times per month), I prefer to stay only in this hotel; Location is perfect in a quiet area of Bangkok and 1 minute walk from BTS station. Despite small size - the rooms are very cosy and clean, have aircon, TV, safe-box and required bathroom amenities. Hotel also provides high speed WiFi internet access, internet codes are already provided in every room. Most important reason, that makes me come back to this hotel again and again is very helpful and friendly stuff, ready to help at any moment of time. If you are a business traveller or travelling with friends or family, this Hotel is a very good option for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NataliaBr
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We chose this hotel for its quiet location but close proximity to the sky train, it also has adjoining rooms which was perfect for our family, giving our teenage daughters some space and privacy. The staff were very friendly and helpful ensuring our stay was as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ian G
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very small rooms. Very clean. Friendly staff. Poor breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed here - we had a overall good time for the trip.

We chose this hotel for the price - the security and privacy of a single room compared to a hostel is valuable, and we also knew this was very close to a BTS (SkyTrain) stop. Air-conditioning was also available. This, however, is where the value stopped for us.

We felt accosted when some charges were not announced up front and were brought up at check-out. The breakfast service was also sub-standard, basically consisting of jelly, bread, and fruit. While we don't normally except much from breakfast, a wider offering would have been wonderful.

The location is also uninspiring. There are rather few places to get food or find entertainment within short walking distances, making us reliant on the BTS to get anywhere else. The rooms were also small, as the bed largely took up the main space of any of the rooms. The beds themselves were also very tough (they felt like box-springs without any mattresses). While the interior design was very modern and quite cool, the quality of the sleeping surfaces left us with back pains in the morning.

We'd recommend this place solely for value and not much else. The staff were nice, but nothing exceptional in our years of travel. Evaluate other options strongly and see if they are more suitable for your taste and budget before using choosing ds67. However, they are value-equal to a hostel and better accommodations as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miska A
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked via email and the reservation process went really well as my request. However, I was a bit unhappy that we cannot see outside view from our window.

The room was clean. Breakfast was the most limited compare to other hotels but nice one. Good wifi in and out of room. Location is also very closed to sky train.

I would say it good for couples, friends or family who want to stay safe and have good services.

The staffs are really really helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for room that have window that can see outside.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the ds67 2 different times on my trip to Thailand. The first was with another person so we needed 2 beds. the room was on the third floor. everything was clean, good wifi and nice sized room. the second time everything was the same except i had one bed and was on the top floor. there is an elevator so dont worry about the stairs. really friendly staff. great in room massage. and close to the sky train

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo