“Good, nice, clean and quiet Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nakorn Ping Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Nakorn Ping Hotel
Ranked #211 of 615 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Good, nice, clean and quiet Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This bigger Hotel is 10 walking minutes south of Khao San road is a good address to stay in Bangkok (Banglamphu) Hotel is well organised, offers good Price/ Quality. For Family they also have triple room.

Sometimes could be noisy depends of your room neighbours.

The Hotel has also a small place to stay outside in front of the lobby.

Room Tip: Attention, the also have rooms inside without window. Take a look befor you choose
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Since my last visit the rooms got new painting, the bathroom has a fresh look (new toilet and basin), new pillows, new matrass and wireless at top speed with 9 spots to connect !! So wherever you are inside the building there is a 5 star signal. Furniture is still the old one but I like that retro touch. Stairs and corridors are so clean you could eat from the floor which is not a very common feature in BKK. Prices have gone up 10% (now 460Bt for the cheapest) since but I think this is fair considering good maintainance and upgrading of facilities. Free (cold) water included in the price.Staff is as efficient as ever and does a great job. Sure one of the best deals so far.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ware, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We found this hotel after a long flight from Sydney. We had already booked in to a cheap hostel up the road which was disgusting so looked around and thankfully found a very helpfull, friendly staff with a nice, clean and good value room at 460 bht.

For the price you don't get aircon or hot water but you don't need it to be fair as the water isn't that cold. You even get a fridge which comes in handy for the water. You can buy coffee and toast for 25 bht in the morning which is really cheap and have it in your room if you want. The cleaners clean your room every day as well!! Free WIFI in the rooms, good enough for skype

Overall a really friendly, cheap and clean place and we will be staying here again when we come back to Bangkok in April.

Room Tip: go for the fan room without hot water as its the cheapest and its not a big deal!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve J
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Until a couple of years ago I had stayed at the Nakorn ping hotel many times over the years..no longer.The last time that I stayed there a couple of hours before I was due to go to the airport I went out to eat leaving my bags packed in the room.
I said as much to the very friendly people at the desk and spent maybe an hour and a half outside eating and enjoying my last moments in Bangkok.
Came back picked up my bags said goodbye to everyone at the desk and went to the airport where at the checkin I discovered that my iPod was no longer in my bag,now,before you wonder no,it is not possible that this happened in the taxi,not at all.
I was angry but what can I do?Just board the plane and travel.
I made a report in my country for insurance but with no luck at all,so,one iPod....gone.
A few months later I was in Bangkok again,went to the hotel and the "friendly" people were so unhelpful it was unbelieveable...they did nothing to help me in any way and left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I can never stay there again,maybe you will..I don't know.
But...be careful.
I have no proof of anything but just a very very strong feeling.
It

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank compay1

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good sized room with air con and fan for very cheap price. However our shower didn't work, which we paid for, and then when we went down to reception they told us that we hadn't paid for it. We refused to pay for the shower and they did not do anything to reimburse us. Cheap internet and accommodation. Hallways at night sometimes look like they could be from a horror movie.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Phoebe1991
Koh Tao, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed here on my trips to bangkok for years, it is always a good value for the money. If you are not looking for anything fancy, this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel is like it was frozen in time scine 70s, a little bit seasoned scince then ofcourse. But this wasn't a disvantage, it was magestic vintage! If you feeling nostalgic or just like asian 70s you'll find it (not 70s luctury, just 70s) there - the building itself, the windows, the fans, deco - like traveling in time! We arrived at night looked for some guesthouse in the area and found this! At first I was shoked with age and weariness of the hotel, but then we got to the room got nice hot shower, switched on the TV and A/C , layed down on perfectly clean sheets I was charmed and since then saw its age and weariness only as a great nostalgic addition to the athmosphere. Besides the staff was very nice and helpfull (which is not most common in Khao San budget places), the place is very quiet, AC/shower/frige/TV/fan in the room, a lot of food places to go around :). Also much less crowded than Khao San.
The only possible disadvantage (not for me) in our room was windows colsed shut with some sun protection from outside so there were no view outside (and to be honest there were nothing to see outside - a regular small street - 'soi').
At the bottom line for me it was a gem for its athmosphere and I couldn't find anything like that in other budget places near Khao San. Could give it 5 but this kind of vintage is not for everybody. But if you like it then it is a must place to visit. Also notice the electricity switches board on the rigth side of the lobby coridor :)

Oh yes and the price was OK too (600)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple