“Looked good & Tasted good!”
Review of La Table de Tee

La Table de Tee
Ranked #137 of 10,969 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Hong Kong, China
“Looked good & Tasted good!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fusion Thai & Euro/French - what a great combination. Every dish decorated nicely and tasted very good. The course menu was well calculated in terms of the total volume, too. They also had a good wine list. Friendly service, good service timing, a convenient location (5 minutes walking distance from where we were staying) - I will be happy to go back to this restaurant again!
This place is quite small and so I would recommend you to book in advance.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bangkok
“Quality and creative cusine remain a constant”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was good to see that La Table de Tee continues to deliver on food quality, service and more important, value. I went back with two friends last week and we were all incredibly impressed. All five courses were impressive, but the stand outs for me were the Snapper and Ginger (one of the appetizer options) and the lime parfait – in fact, the lime parfait is one of the best desserts I have had in Thailand.
As a set five courses – with options – it has to be the best value in town considering the quality of the ingredients and the creative way it is prepared.
It was also good to see that there are some new additions to the wine list, including a very well priced NZ pinot noir.
I look forward to my next meal at La Table de Tee.

1 Thank BMF60
Bangkok
“great food & ambiance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great restaurant with fantastic food. Every day the chef is changing his menu and he is likely to surprise all his customers. Pricing is very reasonable.
Advise: Book well in advance as it is a small but nice restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
“Delicious and great valued degustation!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked a month in advance over email and received a prompt and professional response. The restaurant is located very close to Sala Daeng station in a short alleyway. The dining room is very small but has an intimate atmosphere (I would recommend booking as it appeared to have about 20+ covers). There were only two waiters who provided efficient and lovely service throughout the night. It is a five course menu with a choice between the second entree, main and dessert. The two entrees (soup and prawns with glutinous rice rolls) we had were outstanding! Mains were very good but dessert was our least favourite. The flavours are Thai with western cooking styles. There is also wine and other drinks too. The five courses and delicious garlic bread were only 950baht a person! All up our meals and a drink each were less than $40 a person and we were stuffed. Everyone at the table was extremely pleased with their meals.

I can't recommend this place enough for a satisfying, tasty meal with great service in BKK.

London, United Kingdom
“A Superb Restaurant ! A Fabulous Restaurant! Then Why not 5 *? Read Below....”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I praise it in my headline and I mean it. This is certainly one of the finest restaurants I have been to in recent years and run impeccably by Tee ( in the kitchen) and two most efficient , pleasant , handsome and knowledgeable staff front of house. The food in this very small eatery is exquisite with a 5 course set menu for THB 950 + You have a choice of the 2 main dishes and the desert and a final touch of a home made macaroon and jelly to send you on your way a most contented soul. And I will go back there time and time again I am sure.

So what's wrong? Well in the first place its the room itself. Its a tiny place with perhaps 10 tables and the noise from the other tables is deafening and stifles any idea of a relaxed romantic and enjoyable evening. At one point our neighbors and their loud mouthed spokeswoman were so loud that we could not even talk and be heard at our table of four. However to be fair this is the physical plant not the quality of the product! The product itself, the food, is original and obviously of exquisite quality but too similar in make-up,presentation and some content ,despite having different main ingredients. In other words Tee is trying very hard to give us the best ingredients cooked impeccably but in my opinion lacking in originality once you get past the first or second dish. Contrived is perhaps the correct ,albeit perhaps a bit too unkind ,word. My suggestion is that out of the 5 or 6 courses , 1 or 2 should be simpler and concentrate on just plain good food and it would lead to more overall total satisfaction . However don't interpret my comments in any way with the quality of the Tee's superb cooking its just we thought he should tone it down to a somewhat simpler format and get that extra star!

But love it, we did, all of us! Especially when the loud mouthed table near us left and gave us some peace . We could even hear the carefully chosen lovely romantic music!