“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #202 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Lancashire
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very friendly hotel!Staff helpful good position for BTS either to walk or free tuk tuk courtesy of the hotelMust try The Rich's Thai Massage and Spa (next door but 1) The best massage I've ever had! Our son lives close by and will use it again next time we visit

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear StanKaren

Thank you very much for Salil Hotel Thonglor soi 1 have an opportunity Host your during visited In Bangkok.

With the pleasure your're welcome advised a great comment for encourage our staffs to keep up best service .

we hopefully we will welcome you once again in soonest.

Nancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I MEAN REALLY!!! It was pretty good. Everyone spoke English and smiling. The check in by Mr. Bay and check out by Ms. Gik - the GSA were quite fast. I didn't need to wait for ages. It took me like less than 8 minutes in both in and out. As for my luggages, they were carried without any damage by the bellboys...in proper words.... the gentlemens. Mr. Bozza and Mr. Sodsai(shine bright) took good care of it. I hope it wasn't too heavy, hehehe. Anyway, about the rooms everything was already there; nothing to fix or change. Water was stable, lights were brightful and the rest was wonderful. The next day I went down to the lobby again and I guest my face looked a bit lost, so then a bell from a nother shift I think came to and ask me if I wanted a taxi cab or tuk-tuk service. So I then laugh and said, " iIs there a ride to the salil de cafe?" Mr. Tuk smiled and then escort me to the restaurant. After that I wanted to go to the bts to meet a friend and then Mr. Apple got to me and said, "anytime" I was impressed that for a small hotel...youcan get a 24/7 tuk-tuk service, back and forth. Just give them a call.

Have ever get tired from travelling of from work and got back home and people greet you, hello...how are you....how was your trip ...and so on.
Well, you can get that feelings here in Salil Hotel Thonglor soi 1. If you want to travel and you want a hotel that feels like a non lonely type of home.......come here and you won't feel lonely again.

So over all was fantastic. It was more than I've expected from a boutique hotel and I hope that it would be like this all the time and always. See you guys next time :) xoxo

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear DavidRSmith1203

The Salil Hotel Thonglor were very appreciated for you kind advice comment which very rewarding our team to motivating team and keeping up for the best hospitality service distribute to customers.

Hopefully, the salil hotel get an opportunity to serve you and your family in the next future.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our stay at Salil hotel was wonderful. The staff was so helpful as I had broken my foot and they rearranged my room for convenience, helped me get around town and arranged super friendly and wonderful tour guides while we were there. The location was wonderful also as Thonglor had lots of shops, eateries and interesting places to go including a lovely massage shop the hotel also recommended. I have dietary restrictions as I am vegan and allergic to wheat, the staff helped me so much and the chef even asked me daily if I would like them to prepare a vegan meal for dinners. This hotel may not be super fancy, but the staff make up for it in so many ways. I enjoyed the pool also and the areas were always kept clean and well stocked. I highly recommend this hotel for your trip to Bangkok, it is a reasonable price with a wonderful staff and has a very convenient location. I am very happy with my experience at this hotel. (they even mailed post cards for me because of my foot) Such a lovely staff at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Room Tip: We stayed our first night in the deluxe room and it was really cute with an oversize tub and a windo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Lelia P

Thank you for your enjoyed our property so much and thank you for share this review.

We are looking to see you return trip in Bankok , it would be pleasure to host you in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

If I sum it up, I have stayed there for almost 2 months. The location of the hotel is very accessible and it is near the BTS station and restaurants. Tuk Tuk service is very good, the drivers (Apple, Sod, Tuk and Boss) are very polite and friendly.

The guest service/ front office team is good, special mention to Ms. Fah and Yuki, they are very warm, friendly and professional. The way they smile is genuine, not only for front acting unlike some of the staff. The old lady from housekeeping is polite and helpful, smiling and greets you every time she sees you around.

The rooms are cute, clean and dainty but the walls are VERY thin to the point you can hear people talking from outside. Sometimes, I have difficulties in sleeping because of the noise. Even the sound of water from the next door's bathroom I could hear. I hope the Hotel Management can do something about it.

Warning: if you borrow a dvd from the hotel lobby, make sure you open and check first upon receiving if it is in good condition or else they will accuse you (if it is damaged) even if you really did not use it. FYI DVDs are fake too.

Toothbrush is chargeable (which most hotels they include it in the complimentary amenities)

Their breakfast buffet is a good deal, for (approx) $8 you can have cereals, they have salad bar, egg station, some local items , coffee/tea and juice, rather than just having a sandwich and coffee in a cafe. You just have to follow-up if you order egg cause sometimes the Chef forgets the order.

Some of the staff in Salil cafe are not fluent in English, saw other guests having difficulties in ordering food/drinks, but they are very nice and welcoming.

My overall stay was good, definitely will stay there again. It's like a home-y feeling.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear vagabond_gypsy13

Thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding and improving which made a bit incomfortable promptly.

However if you would like to returning please inform us directly we will offer the special benificial to you for next travelling .

Should you have any further queries or more information plese do not hesitate contact me in you convenience my e-mail : fom-sl2@salilhotel.com
Balestier, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Requested for non smoking rm but when we ck-in there was an astray in the rm. cigarette smell enters the rm when next rms smoke. Passage way outside rms stuffy becos there is no aircon. Door gap pretty high so noise fr outside passageway can be heard. Tuk tuk service is good.
Counter staff speaks good English . Did not find manager service to be genuine . Lack of seatings during breakfast. Could not understand why no toothbrush is provided.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SalilManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear penpen9,

Please be appreciated for writing the feedback of your stay with us, at Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1 and please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused.

Please be informed that we do provide a ash-tray in all guestroom and we do get rid of inwanted smell everytime when the housekeeping making up the room. Moreover, we do have a ventilator at all building's rooftop for air refreshment.

For the breakfast, at our Café de Salil, there are about 50 seats for the guest but it might be the period you stayed with us we are fully booked and there were about 170 guests, so sometimes the seat would be not enough for all guest who come to have breakfast at the same time. However, we noticed this issue and do extend the breakfast time from 6:00-10:30 hrs. to 5:30-10:30 hrs. and would be until 11:00 hrs. on weekend and public holiday.

And the amenities in guestroom, in the future soon, we will add more amenities, such as razor, sewing kit, comb and etc. to extend our guest's convenience.

We will maintain our high standard service and your feedback is very important to us for improving our service to be met our guest's expectations.
Once again, we appreciated for your comment and compliment on our staffs & service. If there is an oppotunity to welcome you back to our Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1, that would be our most pleasure.

Warm regards,

Tatsu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stay here last month for shopping. Hotel not far from BTS Thonglor and they also provide free shuttle tuk tuk send us to the BTS Station. We've got the cheapest price with complimentary breakfast for 2 person from reservation department.

We've got the room at the pink building (No elevator). The room is newly decorate and so lovely.

In the morning, breakfast is great and variety. All staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: In case your schedule is confirmed already, we recommend you buy hotel voucher from reservation for...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Khun Neung
Thank you very much for kind supported at Salil Hotel Thonglor soi 1, we great appreciated for you met an experience as expectation during stay with us, the feed back had adviced that is significant to improving our team and hopefully to an opportunity serve you in hospitality service as soonest.

Should you have any further queries or more assistance please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience.

Best Regards,

Joe
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival at this little boutique. It is hidden and you definitely need to ensure the cab drops you off right at the door, because it's not easily identifiable from the roads.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selections were plentiful and pretty good. They make you fresh omelets!

The hotel is a little older with a tad of smoke lingering, but it is easy to over look with the nice decor. The room was super cute, the bathroom had plenty of hot water, and the room had a super cute balcony.

The hotels location is in the up-coming area of Thong Lo with plenty of restaurants and bars. As a girl walking around, I felt very comfortable and at ease. The location is also a quick train ride to get around Bangkok AND the hotel provides a free tuk tuk ride to the train station near by!

Overall, this was a great stay and I highly recommend it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Love_joy_travel

We appreciate with your feedback, and we are delighted that you enjoyed with our facilities in the hotel, we have shared your feedback with our team, thank you again for taking your time to share your experience, we hope to welcome you back in the future.