“Super acommodating, wonderful staff, lovely breakfast”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
Ranked #222 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our stay at Salil hotel was wonderful. The staff was so helpful as I had broken my foot and they rearranged my room for convenience, helped me get around town and arranged super friendly and wonderful tour guides while we were there. The location was wonderful also as Thonglor had lots of shops, eateries and interesting places to go including a lovely massage shop the hotel also recommended. I have dietary restrictions as I am vegan and allergic to wheat, the staff helped me so much and the chef even asked me daily if I would like them to prepare a vegan meal for dinners. This hotel may not be super fancy, but the staff make up for it in so many ways. I enjoyed the pool also and the areas were always kept clean and well stocked. I highly recommend this hotel for your trip to Bangkok, it is a reasonable price with a wonderful staff and has a very convenient location. I am very happy with my experience at this hotel. (they even mailed post cards for me because of my foot) Such a lovely staff at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Room Tip: We stayed our first night in the deluxe room and it was really cute with an oversize tub and a windo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Lelia P

Thank you for your enjoyed our property so much and thank you for share this review.

We are looking to see you return trip in Bankok , it would be pleasure to host you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If I sum it up, I have stayed there for almost 2 months. The location of the hotel is very accessible and it is near the BTS station and restaurants. Tuk Tuk service is very good, the drivers (Apple, Sod, Tuk and Boss) are very polite and friendly.

The guest service/ front office team is good, special mention to Ms. Fah and Yuki, they are very warm, friendly and professional. The way they smile is genuine, not only for front acting unlike some of the staff. The old lady from housekeeping is polite and helpful, smiling and greets you every time she sees you around.

The rooms are cute, clean and dainty but the walls are VERY thin to the point you can hear people talking from outside. Sometimes, I have difficulties in sleeping because of the noise. Even the sound of water from the next door's bathroom I could hear. I hope the Hotel Management can do something about it.

Warning: if you borrow a dvd from the hotel lobby, make sure you open and check first upon receiving if it is in good condition or else they will accuse you (if it is damaged) even if you really did not use it. FYI DVDs are fake too.

Toothbrush is chargeable (which most hotels they include it in the complimentary amenities)

Their breakfast buffet is a good deal, for (approx) $8 you can have cereals, they have salad bar, egg station, some local items , coffee/tea and juice, rather than just having a sandwich and coffee in a cafe. You just have to follow-up if you order egg cause sometimes the Chef forgets the order.

Some of the staff in Salil cafe are not fluent in English, saw other guests having difficulties in ordering food/drinks, but they are very nice and welcoming.

My overall stay was good, definitely will stay there again. It's like a home-y feeling.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear vagabond_gypsy13

Thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding and improving which made a bit incomfortable promptly.

However if you would like to returning please inform us directly we will offer the special benificial to you for next travelling .

Should you have any further queries or more information plese do not hesitate contact me in you convenience my e-mail : fom-sl2@salilhotel.com

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Requested for non smoking rm but when we ck-in there was an astray in the rm. cigarette smell enters the rm when next rms smoke. Passage way outside rms stuffy becos there is no aircon. Door gap pretty high so noise fr outside passageway can be heard. Tuk tuk service is good.
Counter staff speaks good English . Did not find manager service to be genuine . Lack of seatings during breakfast. Could not understand why no toothbrush is provided.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SalilManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear penpen9,

Please be appreciated for writing the feedback of your stay with us, at Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1 and please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused.

Please be informed that we do provide a ash-tray in all guestroom and we do get rid of inwanted smell everytime when the housekeeping making up the room. Moreover, we do have a ventilator at all building's rooftop for air refreshment.

For the breakfast, at our Café de Salil, there are about 50 seats for the guest but it might be the period you stayed with us we are fully booked and there were about 170 guests, so sometimes the seat would be not enough for all guest who come to have breakfast at the same time. However, we noticed this issue and do extend the breakfast time from 6:00-10:30 hrs. to 5:30-10:30 hrs. and would be until 11:00 hrs. on weekend and public holiday.

And the amenities in guestroom, in the future soon, we will add more amenities, such as razor, sewing kit, comb and etc. to extend our guest's convenience.

We will maintain our high standard service and your feedback is very important to us for improving our service to be met our guest's expectations.
Once again, we appreciated for your comment and compliment on our staffs & service. If there is an oppotunity to welcome you back to our Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1, that would be our most pleasure.

Warm regards,

Tatsu

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stay here last month for shopping. Hotel not far from BTS Thonglor and they also provide free shuttle tuk tuk send us to the BTS Station. We've got the cheapest price with complimentary breakfast for 2 person from reservation department.

We've got the room at the pink building (No elevator). The room is newly decorate and so lovely.

In the morning, breakfast is great and variety. All staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: In case your schedule is confirmed already, we recommend you buy hotel voucher from reservation for...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Khun Neung
Thank you very much for kind supported at Salil Hotel Thonglor soi 1, we great appreciated for you met an experience as expectation during stay with us, the feed back had adviced that is significant to improving our team and hopefully to an opportunity serve you in hospitality service as soonest.

Should you have any further queries or more assistance please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience.

Best Regards,

Joe

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival at this little boutique. It is hidden and you definitely need to ensure the cab drops you off right at the door, because it's not easily identifiable from the roads.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selections were plentiful and pretty good. They make you fresh omelets!

The hotel is a little older with a tad of smoke lingering, but it is easy to over look with the nice decor. The room was super cute, the bathroom had plenty of hot water, and the room had a super cute balcony.

The hotels location is in the up-coming area of Thong Lo with plenty of restaurants and bars. As a girl walking around, I felt very comfortable and at ease. The location is also a quick train ride to get around Bangkok AND the hotel provides a free tuk tuk ride to the train station near by!

Overall, this was a great stay and I highly recommend it!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Love_joy_travel

We appreciate with your feedback, and we are delighted that you enjoyed with our facilities in the hotel, we have shared your feedback with our team, thank you again for taking your time to share your experience, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I work in the travel industry in south east asia for 4 years now and once in BKK i stayed most of the time at the Salil in Tonglor. The hotel grew within the last years enormously...from one building in the beginning to now three buildings with a small pool. Nevertheless the compound is still nice, set back from main road, quiet and unique but i feel the place lots a bit of its proposition and charm compared to earlier times.

I experienced in my latest stay in Dec pro's but somehow con's let me think more about this place. One very nice service staff which was outstanding made our day often has he was really super friendly and caring.

But as i am working in the boutique segment i look on the details and this place wants to be boutique and and unique i assume. So it is as well all about the little things and extra which need to be looked after and in my opinion many are missing:
- the ashtray on the balcony was never clean (balcony was never really checked by room service)
- some small chairs/stools to use on balcony would be nice
- broken shelf in the bathroom
- bath tube shows black spots in the tiles (improper cleaning all the time)
- water temperature varies daily
- towels not replaced with daily cleaning on 2 of 5 days (need ask)
- sauna could be cleaner

The biggest minus to me is the breakfast. It is really average in choice and quality. There is basically nothing special or outstanding, something made with passion and thoughts, no surprise, no change...boring and tasteless. And due to the amount of guests now the hotel hosts in all the buildings there is simply not enough tables available. Maybe it was peak season but ....

The rooms are nicely decorated. TV lacks of international channels (almost NO English channel), DVD rental offered is poor and not up to date, there is no option to put a suitcase which is really annoying.

Still i would recommend this hotel as it is to me a nice place in a very good location but i hope the management will work on some topics in the future to keep the initial spirit of this place and improve. I might give it another try to check.

Room Tip: chose a balcony room. Maybe a balcony room in one of the old building is the best choice as you have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear andiSGN

Should you have any further queries or more information plese do not hesitate contact me at you convenience e-mail : fom-sl2@salilhotel.com

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Travelling period - In 11 Jan 2014 - Out 12 Jan 2014 as a honeymoon guest

Accommodation - Truly lovely hotel with many pastel colours and comfy bed and pillows, I love it. All facilities and amenities can be fulfilled your desires with affordable price.

Location - I thought it was far from BTS but it's definitely not, Hotel provides free transfer to BTS, which is completely convenient, I adore it.

Breakfast - All choices of food is tasty and delicious. I think it's okay for those who cannot eat spicy food. Restaurant is decorated with lovely stuff and it is really nice style.

Service - It would be the flaw one that it is stuck in my mind. Firstly, receptionists are really nice and have service-mind, I compliment them and I do believe and be faithful in them but NOT staff at the restaurant manager, I think. The story is,.........

At the evening, we went to restaurant to redeem a free voucher of complimentary vine for honeymoon because we intended to celebrate with some vine in the evening in the room. A lady staff at the restaurant (night shift - 11 Jan 2014) said "She apologized that vine is run out of stock at the moment, it will be restocked by tomorrow morning. Plus, complimentary vine will be served as a GLASS of vine for 2 persons." We were really disappointed and felt stunning that we could not celebrate. As a result, we went back to own room with no mood for nothing.

One day later in the morning, we went to restaurant and tried to redeem a complimentary vine for honeymoon guest again. We would like to bring back at home because we thought that it is completely NOT the right time to have vine in the morning. Now we came across a male staff with well-groomed but harsh and aggressive voice tone. He said that we would be served by a bottle of vine. We were quite confused that it should be a glass or a bottle, so we asked him again and he insisted "a BOTTLE of vine".

He brought a bottle of vine and said it was required to be opened, otherwise, we were not allowed to bring a bottle of vine back home. We informed a male staff that it should not be the right time if we had vine in the morning because we must drive car back home. We requested him not to open. And again, he insisted that a bottle of vine must be OPENED." We were surprised as we were just an ordinary couple guests with no idea about this procedure before for redeeming a complimentary of vine for honeymoon guests. After that, he brought an opened bottle of vine to our table.

The last but not least, I love everything of this hotel But not staff in restaurant. They informed guests with different information. It caused confusion to guests.

Finally, service mind and nicely well-behaved staff is a must even though how cute and nice hotel is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Petezoab