“No problems”

Ranked #210 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“No problems”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Being an uncultured Aussie I did not quiet understand the four seasons theme but what I did find was a meticulously clean motel with great staff and very good food. The motel is in a quiet location day and night and has easy access to Thong Lor BTS. You can take the complimentary tuk tuk but it is an easy 8 minute or so walk. This is a motel and not a resort so the rooms may not be overly large but they have everything you need and are very comfortable. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark P
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark

Thak you so much for your lovely review!! we are appreciate with your feedback and delighted that you enjoy with all service in Salil Hotel Thonglor soi1 . We hope you will have opportunuty to return in the future and thak you agian for share your experience.

Nancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I used to stay at this hotel a few years back and everything was great. I thought I found a little gem in such a busy city. This time I had a different experience.

Check-in: I arrived a bit early so I didn't mind to wait for the room. The hotel had a filming for a TV show and it was quite hectic in the lobby. I had the feeling that they wanted to get rid of me from the lobby so they quickly decided to give me a room with the warning 'it can be noisy'.

Room: nice, clean and just a little worn out. The walls in this hotel are quite thin. When they said 'noisy' they didn't tell me that it was a sex noise from next door! I had to request a new room. They said 'the other guests also complained about the noise'. If so, I thought why they still gave me that room in the first place. I got a new room and there was a strong smell of cigarettes despite the fact that I requested a non-smoking room. They offered a room spray to get rid of the smell.

ETC: The staff are nice & friendly. I wanted to use the pool but it was under construction - it was quite disappointing for me. Breakfast was so so. I requested an extra hand towel but they said they ran out and I wasn't supposed to get more than one anyway. They gave me only one key card and i had to pay 500 bht extra if i wanted a second one. Check-out: I got charged extra from the restaurant which I didn't use and it took them a while to sort it out.

Overall: it was nice ok hotel with a reasonable price but I don't think I will return again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Bufoon
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Bufoon

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations also especially those where improvement can be made. We appreciate your patient and kind understanding. We hope that you are enjoying other aspects of your stay with us.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel provided us warm greeted when we arrived, fresh towel it nice smell, Staffs were professional and helpful. We enjoyed breakfast but it a bit inconvinience to sit at terrace area if raining in morning, However they provided seat indoor it great and clean restaurant ,a petty decorate and full breakfast set up inside. Shushi very delicious and salad corner green and fresh. hotel location convenience to BTS and also hotel provided tuk tuk service .

we recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Markfavour
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear markfavour

Thank you very much for your advice feed back and appreciated for your satisfied for alls.

we would like to welcome you once again in the near future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spent 4 nights at here during middle of May. before i arrived bangkok , i wrote at least 4 emails to request autumn room and make sure about it. even-though the day before i departed i still wrote a email to confirm again. and they did promise me will arrange autumn room for me. well. once i arrived. There are no more autumn room for me .and i asked the female manager / supervisor. How come no more autumn room now and before that u keep promise will reserve a autumn room for me? She just pretends nothing and just keep quiet. Ended up I stay another theme room at first floor which I dun like at all .fine.

I just simply put my luggage at the room and I went out. When we was fall asleep during midnight , suddenly blackout. Electricity power cut. We called to front desk at least 3 times. And they sent people come to my room after 10 mins although my room next to the lobby only. The staff try to fix it but failed . Actually he is lobby staff is not technician. The result is ask me pack all my stuff and move to 4th floor at 1am . After I move to the new room, the bathroom water sink is stuck. I cannot use it at all. 2nd day when I checking out to move to another place , the manager was there and never say a sorry to me . I though at least they will discount some room rates or free upgrade my future stay to me .and I request to upgrade my room they refuse to do it even though cause many inconvenience to me. Finally they give me 2 welcome drink voucher and upgrade me to balcony room. And again, I remind the manager please reserve autumn room for me tomorrow. She said ok.

3rd day, I back to this hotel .No more autumn room again for me . I really lazy to argue about it anymore. How come your hotel keep promise me and cannot make it to me last minute.and again the female manager attitude was rude. And even the room condition is not good or what. At least front desk staff should use friendly attitude to us. And the blackout causing so many inconvenience to me the female manager never say sorry and still being rude to us. I cannot accept this kind attitude totally.

I wont go back to this hotel again. The female manager just make me feel I pay for the poor services! and the wooden floor beside the swimming pool is broken.not only one part, at least 4-5 parts . but they never thinking of fix it . it was dangerous!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandraLee1016
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Ms. Lee

Thank you very much for your kind support Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1

According you were not satisfied & weren’t given a good impression about hotel service provided when you arrival. We sincerely regret that a situation you met please kindly get back to read e-mail on 25 April 2013 at 13:44 hrs. colum no. 2 the hotel will mention that room with balcony we able to confirm but balcony in Autumn season we could not guarantee at the moment as we are not quite ensure that period if guest request and pay for Balcony as superior room and superior balcony the price is difference. However if the autumn season is full we will arrange another seasons instead. Actually in ervey room before guest check in our housekeeping team motivate and check all electric light in every room on that situation we are very sorry because uncontrolled but we change the new room for you right away. On the 2nd period we promise to upgrade your room to balcony without extra charge event you book with superior room but did not confirm the autumn room. By the way, we are understanding well we could not to do anything to retreat you and make you feel better and trust our service provided during stay with us. By the way the wooden floor beside the pool had been fixed it.

Once again Ms. Lee, please accept my sincere apology for our evidently failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We appreciate your patient and kind understanding.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Beautiful hotel, close to many amenities and transport, but what really makes the difference is the staff. The best, most courteous and friendly service I've seen in a lifetime. I was visiting on business, yet it felt like vacation. I will definitely return to Bangkok and to Salil Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Shane C
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and your lovely review!! We are appreciative that you took time to share and review this. We are looking forword to see you return trip to Bangkok soon and would be a pleasure to host you agian in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

spent 2 nights here on arrival in Thailand from UK. Everything was fine. Peaceful and leafy location, yet only a very short walk from the main drag of Thonglor / Sukhumvit. Room was clean and there was enough storage space for us. Comfortable bed. Enjoyed a swim in the small pool. The photos don't do it justice, it is a nicer than is presented on the website. Decent breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a balcony room although we didn't use the balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alison_6000
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Alison_6000

The Salil Hotel Thonglor were very appreciated for you kind advice comment which very rewarding our team to motivating team and keeping up for the best hospitality service distribute to customers.

Hopefully, the salil hotel get an opportunity to serve you and your family in the next future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very beautiful location! The staff is really a family :) I stay here about 20 days and I believe I will cry when I must depart. The restaurant is super and the reception too !! I hope that I can come again next year :)
Excellent everything !!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank vanessatomassini
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Vanessatomess

Thank you very much for the feed back ,is very rewarding. we are very appreciated for your satisfied hotel service with us.

for any further queries or more assistance plese do not hesite contact me directly to email gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

For next visit we will offer and treat you as VIP preferred guests.