“Beautiful tasteful hotel”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
Ranked #214 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked the Hotel through internet, based on objective reviews, location and price. The pictures looked great. However, we were apprehensive, since sometimes looks belie. However, when we reached there, we found the staff very courteous and helpful, the rooms beautiful and very tastefully decorated. It was a very neat and clean hotel, with a reasonable price. It is located in a quiet part and yet close to a Skytrain station. A free tuk tuk service of the hotel drops you at the sky station and can also pick you up if you tell them the time. Otherwise, it is just a 7 minutes walk. It also has a swimming pool, although we were more inclined to be out shopping and sight-seeing. On the whole, it was a very good experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: None. We got a good room without any tip.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Sunny Blndia

Thank you very for your advice feed back during stay in Salil Hotel Thonglor, we are please appreciated for your kind pleasant our service. The Hotel as advertise we do a real picture . the great service we have expanding to all guest but some time I couldnt response for all guest expectation that earned complaint. However we effort to do the best for serve all guests with hospitality service .

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience though gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

JOe

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay at the Salil hotel in Thonglor area for the second time and it was a great
stay again, the location is wonderful, a lot a great restaurant at walking distance
and the BTS is close by. Very comfortable, clean, great staff very friendly, helpful
and the breakfast, one of the best in Bangkok, a lot of choices and every morning
its different.The pool is also nice to soak in after a afternoon in Bangkok.Very relax
place.We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkandDiane

Dear Markand Diane

Thank you very much for you advice and sharing feed back about you great experience during stay at Salil Hotel Thonglor, Mostly we are appreciate for your kind continuous support us and again plan to stay when you are visit in Bangkok.
I would like to offer the benefit of Hotel Loyalty 's guest in VIP .

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contac me at you convenience.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfortunately this Hotel reeks of tobacco smoke and the rooms are very small.
Reception (at 14:00hrs) was very rude and indifferent.

Not the most interesting area - there are heaps of better locations along Sukhimvit Road - try one as you have nothing to lose !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan M
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Mr.Alan

Thank you very much for you advice, there is very rewarding to improve a service, Please keep deeply my apologize for you facing unsatisfied upon check in and during stay with us. I will emphasize Training team to urge action about service excellent though staffs. However if you have a business or visit around thonglor areas please do not hesitate to contact me I will be response in myself. However i you would like to stay another sister hotel i.e Sukhumvit soi 11 and Sukhumvit soi 8 also please kindly noted me the GM & Teams will be take care you as VVIP .

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience via gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my 3rd time to stay here, still lovely service with front desk team, they give me the room on 1st floor near the swimming pool very nice view. I enjoy for the night life coz this hotel near to the pub (Thonglor) I have lovely visit in this time.

Room Tip: nice view on 1st floor coz next to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Perhaps because my stay was so short, the staff did not invest in good customer service.
Which in my opinion is rather short sighted
None of my booking requests were successful, and the advertised late checkout was unavailable,
due to being "fully booked" .Although the receptionist promised to ask management about room availability , still no joy....
A room with no window,...which I had read about on Trip Advisor and scared the Bejeezus out of me,... is the one I was allocated, even though I requested a window and balcony. On complaining it turned out that there was in fact a room on the ground floor with a window.
The night staff on the front desk were none too helpful and my hotel airport pickup was waiting at the wrong gate...which caused me to have an extremely late am. check in.
No shade provided around the pool,...until I requested. Bar service was like an iron lung...
Finally overcame that issue, but next day wanted to charge for ice, even though generous tips were given previously.
Finally,becoming desperate for the advertised late checkout, offered to pay for another night. Lo and behold....NOT fully booked...

Apart from that, some of the staff were lovely, and the location of the hotel was perfect for my particular requirements. Rooms and linen were very clean, and only basic bathroom, dont forget your toothbrush and facecloth. A couple of beers in the fridge, soft drink and water...enough to settle you in.
Breakfast buffet did not have a huge selection,...but okay for a day starter. Apart from these discrepancies, I found it to be not a bad little place with a good location.

Room Tip: Request new building
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Natalie

Thank you very much for your advice, please keep personal apologize you didnt got proper service as expectation. I will emphasize all HODs to brief and retaining them subordinator it must be improve.we hopefully we will be an opportunity to serve you once again and noted that will do it as VVIP guest .

Should you have any further queries or more assistance please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience via gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room is small but very clean n tidy, no tooth brushes provided, the staff are friendly n helpful. Very close to BTS Thong Lo station, only 5 mins walk. The breakfast is also good but never change, not many choice.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First time in this hotel , my friend recommend , room quit small but enough for me, room are beautiful and clean, very good for money. Reception fantastic service and helpful, tuk tuk driver are nice , breakfast as hotel provided good and accept, staffs are amazing! Gym and pool are cool , sauna is a small but clean absolutelt I love it. I recommend this hotel , absolutely fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013