“Mixture of Luxury and Budget”
Review of Boss Suites

Boss Suites
Ranked #759 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent staff, clean and tidy rooms, really really good tour desk.

We stayed for 2 nights, and we arrived before the normal check in time, we had to wait only for a short time before we got into our room. Staff is very friendly and understands all our needs clearly and guided us correctly every time.

The location is good, slightly long from nearest Sky Train station, but hotel provides a Tuk Tuk service to Nana Sky Train station. But you can do some walking while returning.

Room Tip: Budget, Cosy & Friendly Staff
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is fine if you are just looking for a bed to sleep in at the end of a long day. Our room was ok. We were only in Bangkok for 2 nights so we weren’t expecting or looking for a luxury hotel. Location wise this is right at the end of Sol 4 so you could probably find a better situated hotel for a similar price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had booked Boss Suites through Agoda a few months back and I flew from Chiang Mai to Bangkok with an overnighter at Boss Suites, and then on to Hanoi the following morning. I arrived at Suvanbhumi at 1700, a bad time t arrive. It was pay day (Nov 30th), and the roads were crammed. I had 100 minutes in a cab and arrived. The staff could not have been more helpful. They were just great. I was shown my room which was fabulous, and was advised that they could arrange a massage. Just what I needed. They did and it was great. The following morning I left at 0430 and again, they were very helpful, ensured my cab was there and away I went. Would I stay there again...you bet. Great room, good price, and supportive staff...loved it

Room Tip: Just enjoy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AlanandYolande
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at Boss Suites Nana for 7 nights, and for the most part enjoyed my stay. The hotel is a ways from sukhumvit and the regular tuk tuk drivers will rob you blind for the 2 minute ride to the hotel. The hotel provides the free tuk tuk, which is great to get TO sukhumvit, but to get back to the hotel, you need to phone the hotel.
The cleanliness of the room was ok, not great. the staff was always "thai" friendly, and helpfull. The aircon in the room was very noisy, and after mentioning it to the front desk the first time nothing happened, but after I asked to get it fixed a second time (the next day), it was looked at by maintenance, and was fixed soon thereafter.
overall thought everything was quite pleasant, and i would come to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dominictru
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Boss suites is a place that could be so much better, with only a few changes here and there. The rooms are modern and clean, with enough space to move around. Given the location, their per-night price is competitive. The internet access (once you're logged in) and the on-site facilities are spot-on.

However, I left Boss Suites feeling disappointed - in particular, this disappointment stemmed from my encounters with the perfunctory and disinterested staff. If you have any kind of issue related to your room, a special request, or a general question, don't expect to get an answer from anybody. If you do get an answer, it will most likely be unsatisfactory, or downright incorrect.

When I tried to extend my stay at the hotel, the staff offered me a room rate higher than what I had already been paying! The people at the counter outright refused to even ask management about a weekly or monthly option; I felt as though they just wanted to get rid of me. When I tried to organise a taxi transfer, they simply told me to do it myself on the street. When I tried to exchange money, using the hotel's uncompetitive foreign exchange service, they refused to accept anything smaller than foreign bills worth in excess of 1500 baht.

It's not a bad place, but there are similar, cheaper options to be found in Bangkok; places where you can get weekly or monthly rates, and where the staff might actually take an interest in assisting you from time to time.

Room Tip: We only stayed in one room, but I honestly don't think that there would be much of a difference...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

In may opinion this hotel does NOT deserve 4 stars. The max. stars should be 3.
1st. I wanted a smoking room and received it. What is that smoking room without an ashtray?
2nd. No one of the stuff informed me about the Tuk Tuk service to the main street. It principally should be to BTS Nana station but was not.
3th. Not so nice and helpful stuff as it described till now. I had two lightning bulbs in the entrance and in the bathroom out of order and requested to be replaced. (there was not enough light to place the code for safe). When i came back from sightseeing only one bulb was replaced which was out of order next day.
4th. I principally was not satisfied from cleanliness of the sheets, towels, bathroom at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank be_wasp
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great value and quiet location not far from the vibrant night life on Sukhumvit. Good rooms with good air con, TV, DVD, and ref. Boss offers a free TukTuk ride to Nana Plaza, the young driver was a bit rude though. It is about a 20-30 minute walk to the BTS rail station. I have been traveling around Thailand since 1989 and it seems that many Thais have become tired of tourists, occasionally, many do not haggle for the goods they sell at the night market. For the price you can't beat this hotel. Breakfast is ok but the constantly running out of eggs at the buffet. It's hard to find a decent hotel at this price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple