“Best tour we have ever done. Hands down”
Review of Tour with Tong

Tour with Tong
Ranked #1 of 225 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Experiences through a local's eyes...with our qualified, friendly, honest, informative private tour guides...who make your visit privileged and personalized in our expert's hands....
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Sacile, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best tour we have ever done. Hands down”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow, you are missing out if you pass on this tour company. They sure know how to cater to you every need. My wife and I booked the tour by email with tong before our arrival through email and had everything set up before we arrived in bangkok. Our tour guide Nuch was extremely nice and informative all day. She did an outstanding job and spoke English very well. I also have to give my regards to the chauffeur.

They both picked us up in a nice air conditioned saloon in the morning right on time. We headed to the train market first, but stopped along the way because Nuch wanted to show us the salt fields which was great. The train market was unbelievable until you actually see it for yourself. It's insane how the local vendors can put everything away so fast and rut back out as if a train literally did not just pass 1 foot in front of you. We tried snacks there recommended by Nuch and headed to the tiger temple. We stopped for a quick lunch at a local mensa, no other tourists were there.

They encourage you to take as many photos at the tiger temple, what a blast. We also spent time playing and feeding the young tiger cubs and walking the grown ones.

But the best part of the trip was riding and bathing with the elephant in the river. WOW, please sign up for this. You ride the elephant bareback and have water fights with her. What an experience, all in all. The best tour we have ever done. Don't miss out.

1 Thank Ambrose L

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome Day in Bangkok”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are a family of 4 who were staying in Bangkok for 2 nights only. I searced for tours on the internet and Tours with Tong caught my eye. I read the reviews and decided to email her. She emailed me back within a few hours and answered all my questions. I booked with her about 2 months before we travelled. She emailed me a couple of nights before to confirm that our guide Pai would be there at 8am at our hotel. Our guide Pai was fantastic, a very nice lady and I would throughly recommend her. She spoke English very well and also speaks German. She picked us up at our hotel at 8am and we went to the Grand Palace and the Reclining Buddah Temple, which were amazing. After a nice lunch we went to some markets, I can't remember the name and then she returned us to our hotel. We had a fantastic day and we would definately use Tours With Tong again. Thank you Tong and Pai for a memorable day.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked a tour through Tong's website. She was able to get back to me within 2 days and answered all of my questions promptly. We chose a full-day tour, using public transporation, which included Tuk Tuks, which are great fun and cheaper when a native is negotiating. Our tour guide was Ginnii. If you have the opportunity to request a guide, Ginnii is the absolute best. My husband and I flew 24 hours the night before and overslept for our tour with Ginnii. She was patient and very kind about our flub. She was able to show us/tell us so many things about Bangkok that we would have never found out on our own. It is wonderful to see a city through the eyes of a native, especially one who is just a wonderful person in general. We saw the Grand Palace and took a boat tour through one of Bankok's klongs, which I highly recommend (additional cost but well worth it). I was feeling a bit rough and had to cut our day short. Ginnii went to the pharmacy and got me some things that made me feel better within a day. She went above and beyond her tour guide duties. I hope to stay in touch with her as she was so interesting and kind, funny too!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Brigit G
Roma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Tour with Tong - very nice experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived in Bangkok at 7.30 am from an international flight. As we were very tired we went to the hotel to have a little bit of rest and, as we had only one day to spend in the city, we decided to book a tour with Tong in order to avoid the hassle and the waste of time of going around a city that we didn't know at all. The best decision ever!
Nang, the tour guide, came to pick us up at the hotel at 11.00 am and until 16.00 pm she showed us all the best places in Bangkok. She helped us with a problem with our mobile phone that didn't work, she was so informative, gentle and kind that we really enjoyed our day with her. In fact we managed to visit a lot of temples like: Grand Palace, Wat Prah Kaew, Wat Pho, Wat Arum, Wat Trimitr and the flower market. I highly recommend to book a tour with Tong!

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No need to do your homework before you visit Bangkok.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We found this to be a very well run and very well conceived business.

No stress, no planning required, and no wasting precious time getting oriented to an unfamiliar city. Ms Eve (our expert guide) made any language barriers, cultural barriers and safety concerns disappear.

Miss Eve was absolutely excellent and I recommend asking for her by name. She is particularly understanding of Australian travellers.

Our family group of 4 could relax and enjoy the day without a care in the world.