$131
$173
$139
$131
$114
All reviewsclose to the airportpaseo mallnice airport hoteltransit hotelbetween flightsshuttle service to the airportairport stopoverwake up callminute drivefree shuttlelong flightshort stayan early morning flightbooked this hotelrooms are basicnight staythe main road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I always seem to get into Bangkok at midnight and fly out the next day. The first time there I was a solo female with no idea what to expect. The Cottage made the transfer from the airport simple and the rooms are clean and modern. I've stayed with them 3 times now and just booked a room for my daughter for her stop on the way back to the states. Ask anyone at the airport where the hotel buses are and if you're flight is delayed there is someone there to call your van back to the airport. The staff at the front desk was so friendly and polite, offered a small Thai beverage when we walked in and always greeted us by name. I would advice eating at local restaurants if you have time. One is right on the corner and there are more nearby if you don't mind a short walk. Loved the pool rooms, if the weather is nice and you have time to spend. My only complaint was the high charge for wi-fi, the hotel should really consider including it in their their rates. Paying for wi-fi is a pet peeve of mine and most everyone now.

Room Tip: Loved the pool rooms, if the weather is nice and you have time to spend.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Treesha B
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Treesha B:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

I am happy to hear of your great experience here. It brighten my day to hear you enjoyed your breakfast, room, accommodation, and everything else. As for wifi, I have taken that into consideration and will bring this up during management meeting. But overall, I am quite happy of your comments.

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Shawn Siriwatana
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The primary reason to book this hotel is because it's cheap and close the airport. We stayed here twice last month when we had an overnight stopover with early flights. Before our first arrival, I emailed our arrival information and got a confirmation with meeting instructions. I followed those and we couldn't find our "greeter." After about 45 min of looking (there were four of us, so it wasn't just me!), I went to spend 400 bhat to buy a SIM card so I could find him. Turns out he was standing right across from us, but too engrossed in conversation with his friends to have a hotel sign out like all the other ones do. Then he said he wasn't expecting us because his list had 2 (not 4) of us arriving six hours later. I had to show him the email to prove that I sent in the correct information. He then said it would be 15-30 minutes before the shuttle would be there. By the time we got in the shuttle, it was over 1.5 hours after our flight had arrived - I could have taken a taxi to another hotel and already been there. The second time, at least we knew to walk around asking for The Cottage rep (who was again too busy chatting with other guys to have a hotel sign). How do other people find them if this happened to us twice???

The rooms are alright, relatively clean, but the floors are filthy and turn your feet black within minutes of walking around. The beds are ok but the rest of the furniture is worn and the TV has bad reception on all channels (in both rooms we stayed in). You pay for the internet, but adding another 150 for 24 hours isn't a horrible deal, so I wasn't bothered by it. For food, we walked to The Paseo on both visits and loved the Wine Connection.

The final thing I found a bit strange is that when the bellboy comes up to help with the luggage in the morning, he does an inventory of all of the items... in case you stole the TV remote? I guess at $38/night, this could be a concern, but I found it a bit too obvious. The 15-20 minute drive in traffic is a bit longer than the website says, but still convenient. The shuttle driver is very kind.

With a number of other hotels near the hotel in this range, I'd try another one next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked a deluxe room with airport transfer as it was on special offer. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom has dispensers for soap, shampoo and body wash, and I had free bottles of water provided in the room. The aircon worked well and I was also happy to have a duvet to snuggle up in after two weeks staying in hostels. I was a bit disappointed that the wifi was chargeable though.

I had arrived in to DMK airport and used the free shuttle to get to BKK with the idea of getting a taxi from there to the hotel. But after all the taxi drivers refusing to do the journey on the meter and demanding 300 baht (to the point of shouting at me) I walked back in to the terminal, went to floor 2, exit 4 and asked one of the drivers waiting to collect people how to get to the hotel. He rang through to them, I had a van in under 10 mins, was whisked to the hotel and it only cost 50 baht. So if you're in a similar situation I'd recommend booking a transfer in advance.

The staff were friendly, well presented and I would definitely recommend here for a comfortable and budget overnight stay near the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear bangarara:

I am delighted to hear you had a great experience here. As for the wifi part, your period of stay was during a high occupancy night therefore wifi sharing may have slowed down your internet speed. Overall, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay.

Shawn Siriwatana
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've gotten much better for less and in the same area. My "double" bed was two singles pushed together, the walls were filthy, there was soap all over the shower floor and the bathroom sink from leaking dispensers, I was harassed 4 times via phone and in person as I was attempting to shower and pack for my airport shuttle, it's the only place in all of Thailand I stayed where I did not get free Internet, and the cost of the shuttle is double a private taxi.

Not impressed to say the least. I stayed in places for 250 baht a night that were cleaner and provided better services.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jen M
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am from Nepal, and I am a Business traveller,

Since we don't gave internation credit card, so we normally book it via email.

Please note that I am very unhappy with your hospitality. I think you are over charging us for your services

In 2012 we paid 1200baht for breakfast and free trip to airport. ( booked via email and was very happy)

In2013, we book via email but we were asked to pay baht 1400 without breakfast. ( was unhappy)

In2014 your quoted (via email) rate is baht 1900, where your price on your website is baht 1400baht including breakfast for the same service. This is not fair.

Expected service: 2 Adults
Twin bed
Breakfast
Free pick up and drop to airport

Kindly please note that we make business trip to bangkok every month. Such behavior is very unprofessional, I don't know how can you differentiate price for the same service.

Stayed: August 2013