“Pleased Overall”

Ranked #321 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel reception was very quick and very polite. We were greeted very warmly and given complimentary juice. You DO have to pay a little for the Wifi which didn't work very well from our room at the end of the hall, but the amenities were nice for the price of the hotel. It can be a little hard to find, but there is a sign on the alleyway to let you know to turn down that street. The shuttle was quick and relatively inexpensive, but only drops off at one place in the airport, so you may have to walk a little. I'd say the buffet is overpriced for what you get, go to the local mall and have your choice of meals.

If you staying on a budget, this is very nice for what you pay and very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Nivekydear:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

I am delighted to hear you had a great experience here. As for the wifi part, your period of stay was during a high occupancy night therefore wifi sharing may have slowed down your internet speed. Overall, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay.

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is situated really close to the airport, which is its biggest asset. They have free shuttle service. Our pickup wasn’t flawless. The driver was sitting somewhere on the side of the arrrivals hall with his sign on the floor. So we spent quite a while searching for him. Eventually someone from another hotel brought us to him.

We had a 06:00 AM flight to Samui, so we were not able to enjoy our breakfast in the hotel. Instead we got a breakfast box which we could eat in the van on our way to the airport.
The rooms are basic but for one night (after a tiring flight) it’s nice enough. Everything is clean, the room has aircon, a balcony, comfy beds and a nice hot shower. The staff is nice, welcoming and helpful.

Because it is so close to the airport it is pretty far away from everything else. A taxi ride to the Sukhumvit area for example takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
I would definitely recommend this place if you have an early flight. It saves quite some time compared to most places other places in the city, is not expensive and the pickup/drop-off service is very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marc l:

I am delighted to hear of your great experience here. Despite being an airport hotel, city attraction may be further than walking distance. But all in all, I'm quite happy to hear of your satisfaction.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We needed a 1-nite stay close to the airport, and this hotel was convenient and a great value. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport, and it was about 15-20 minute ride to the hotel in the late afternoon traffic. Hotel is down a side street off a main road, so was very quiet. Our rooms were small, but very clean with comfortable beds. A mall is just a 5-10 minute walk, where there is a good selection of restaurants.The hotel has a restaurant and room service, but we did not try them. We got an on-time wake-up call early the next morning, with a return shuttle to the airport. Great value!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear debnmtown:

I am delighted to hear of your great experience here and that the airport pick up, room, nearby attractions, and accommodation fits your liking.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

For around 900bt night in Bangkok, I think some peoples expectations are too high. Located close to the airport for a 1 night stopover it's great. Staff are super friendly & very efficient.
Rooms aren't the biggest for sure, but are clean, have a comfortable bed (not king size btw) & very good shower. Small swimming pool.
It's a 5 min walk to decent shopping plaza, with many good eateries. Often with "airport" hotels there literally is nothing around to do, or anywhere to eat. But out of the 3 Suvarnabhumi hotels I've stayed at, this is the best all round.
Charging for wifi is mean though, I have to say.
We'll stay here again next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear ningaloo25,

I hope the accommodations and service you experienced fits your liking and that you were satisfied as our motto is “We provide beyond your satisfaction!”

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

How is it possible that tripadvisor awarded this hotel in 2012. In my opinion this hotel must be a one star hotel. The staff is very kind. But the rooms are terrible. The water in the bathroom was cold. And internet is not free. When I ordered a taxi to Pratunam, the reception told me the costs will be 800.00 baht. A private driver from the hotel asked me 600.00 baht. And last but not least the price with a taxi(with meter) is 183.00 baht.
Every step in this hotel means:
BAHT. THATSWY "NEVER AGAIN"

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnBridgeBirjmohun

Dear JohnBridgeBirjmohun,

I have read your review and felt disappointed in what happened. I would like to know who and what exactly the receptionist discussed with you. We've not have this case before and would like to personally discuss more with you. I can be reached at fom @ thecottagebangkok . com

Please note that any further dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Am at the hotel at the Hotel at the moment and what a disappointment. Nothing like what it looks like on web site. Haven't been to Bangkok before but this appears to be 2 stars maximum. Arrived at Airpot on time,no transport despite three reminders to them, waited for approx 45 minutes before somebody turned up. Was told on arrival that they don't do pick ups before 7, thanks for telling me.On arrival foyer, public areas grubby, bath mat frayed, bathroom minute, no coffee /tea in room and no wifi unless you pay. They have now given me free wifi and staff are friendly. My unhappiness is with the owners and their inaccurate advertising. How they won a trip advisor award in 2012 is beyond me. Time for a sleep now in uncomfortable bed. Would I recommend this hotel to anybody, not unless I didn't like them.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ian D

Dear Ian D,

I have read your review and found it quite helpful.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The shuttle service was good (less than a 10 minute wait at the airport), the staff very friendly (they even managed to find me an unused wifi session when they realized I did not have any Thai baht), and rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall, a pleasant experience for a place to crash by the airport for an overnight layover.

I found a last minute rate online for less than $40/night, including a round-trip shuttle, so considered it a good value.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear lunpaul,