“Room alright, but airport transfers no good!”

Ranked #333 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 15, 2013

1.The airport transfer person was not there to pick us up at the first place, however when he turned up after 20 minutes of waiting, he did not have our name listed on his list. He made us wait for another 15 minutes, and it was only after we threatened him to catch a taxi, he arranged us a car.
2. People at the restaurant hardly spoke any English and ordering from the menu was as difficult as kissing your elbow. Later on when I ordered an English breakfast tea for room service, I was given earl grey tea with no sugar or milk.
3. If you think this was enough to make it a journey that left a bad taste in our mouth, you would be wrong, because the worst was yet to come. We had requested an airport transfer next day in the morning at 8-30 am. Next day, they started calling us from 7 am that our taxi was ready to go when we. Needed, and by 8-30 am they had called us 6 times. They even knocked at our door several times to ask us out. When we reached the airport, we realised that all this fuss was because they had to pick up some other passenger at around the same time.
If I have to rate their service out of ten I would not be able to give them more than one, that too one for giving us the room. In totality, it is just a place to sleep in for the night, however their poor service and shear lack of customer satisfaction makes them a place worth not to be associated with.

3  Thank HnMtripdiary
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear HnMtripdiary

Thank you for the critical critique. Your comments are important to us. I am sorry you experienced little satisfaction during your stay.
I have investigated what happened.

1. The information counter at the airport informed my staff that our guests are waiting at Floor 2 Gate 3. The standard picking up area for hotels is Floor 2 Gate 4 next to the AOT booth. Indeed we did not have your name on the list because we did not receive your flight detail. We then inform our staff to go find you at your current location. The hotel shuttle takes approximately 15 minute to the airport as it is traffic hour late afternoon before evening.

2. The restaurant staff did speak English lower than expected and I agree and apologize on that part. An English training has been scheduled on a weekly basis and I am disappointed this did not happen before.

3. Your airport transfer was scheduled for 8.30am and that your wake-up call was at 7.00am. The airport shuttle departs at each schedule half hour. Late transfer would result in catching the next shuttle at a later time in which may result in catching flights. Staff will only knock on guest’s door when approaching transfer time and that guest have not come down for a check-out. At the airport there was a guest waiting to be picked up. This guest did not inform us of their flight number as well. Departure guests are to be dropped off first before picking up arriving guests.

I would like to personally discuss more details with you and answer any questions. You may contact me at fom@thecottagebangkok.com

Once again your critiques are important to our improvements.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Not large rooms but a good place for an airport stopover. Only a 15 minute 75 baht taxi ride from BKK. Located in a quite area so sleep is no problem and the price is right. Staff was friendly and speak good English. Did not try the breakfast but it looked good.

Room Tip: It's a quite area so any rooms should be OK.
2  Thank BongoSlave

Dear BongoSlave:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

I hope the accommodations and service you experienced fits your liking and that you were satisfied as our motto is “We provide beyond your satisfaction!”

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night while transiting through Bangkok. Check In and Check Out process was super quick. We pleased with cleanliness and everything in the room was functional. We ask for 4:00 a, wake-up call and 5:00 am shuttle bus service. Both arranged as per our request. They have nice little swimming pool and restaurant to eat. Front desk staff was very friendly. It took less than 10 mins to airport in early morning.

Room Tip: Let them know the pick up time and drop off time in 24 hours advance to arrange shuttle service.
1  Thank Pankit S

Dear Pankit S:

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is NOT a "new three star hotel" as they advertise, and I'm pretty pissed off that this place pretends to be an upscale hotel. Sure they have modern styling, but glass and square styling does not upsale make! The bathroom was filled with black mold, and had hairs in the shower. Everything feels like it was thrown together on a shoestring budget. No deadbolt on the door, shoddy paintwork all around, dirty walls, ceiling tiles fall apart, and chipping paint all around. For the $20 we spent I expected more in a downmarket suburb of Bangkok. Our previous hotel made us feel like royalty for less! We were nickled and dimed at every turn. 100baht for wireless, 50b airport transfer, 300b for breakfast, etc, etc. Right now I am in a different hotel for 300b, and it's has exactly the same quality!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank iparlefranglais
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear iparlefranglais

Thank you for the critical critique. Your comments are important to us and I thank you for informing us therefore we will take into improvements as we try to provide beyond your satisfaction. I am extremely disappointed about what happened and that it is unacceptable for the rooms to be made below our hotel standard. I apologize for that and actions have been taken since your stay.

A department meeting has been arranged and raised your case as a priority issue. All the stated details from your critiques has been walked and executed as we’ve put ourselves into your shoes and understood your dissatisfactions.

I would like to personally discuss more details with you including other propositions that I will help you with. Please contact me at fom@thecottagebangkok.com

Once again thank you for informing us of our mistakes.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really a shame that we were let down so badly, as the hotel itself was quite nice. Spacious room with a balcony, comfy bed, fridge, nice shower with toiletries. However, we were supposed to be picked up at the airport as I had booked a round trip transfer. I emailed them our flight details about a week before we intended to stay there and they sent me a confirmation and told me where to meet their representatives. However, when we landed, which was about half an hour later than expected, no one was there to meet us. What then ensued was an hour long marathon of phone call after phone call to people who spoke very little English and who kept promising that the taxi would be there in 15 minutes...Only one apology was made on the phone, but nothing else was done to make up for it. This was especially annoying as we had planned to spend a relaxing evening visiting the city and then come back to use the hotel pool, neither of which were possible thanks to their incompetence. Doubly annoying because there are hundreds of taxi-meters at the airport that could have got us to the hotel in no time, but we were instructed to wait for the shuttle service. Also cold, unappetizing breakfast buffet in a small dark room.

1  Thank Kitkatjones
Ohm P, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Ms. Jones,

I have learned about your case and I thank you for the comments given. Your comments are important as we aim to improve the hotel for all of our guests’ satisfaction. I'm sorry for the late reply as I could not contact your from my work email (fom@thecottagebangkok.com) as it states "This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address".

I am extremely unhappy upon learning about your case on my airport representatives not being there to pick you up upon your arrival. It is completely not your fault and you did not deserve to wait at the airport for the amount of time you did. This action from my staff is unacceptable and I will not tolerate such behavior therefore he is no longer employed at our hotel. I guarantee you this matter will not happen again. The poor performance given by my airport representative shall be improved as I have found a new responsible team to take care of our customers in which I hope to see you during your next trip.

I have gathered my management staff for a meeting and have raised your case as a top priority upon improvements. As for the cold and unappetizing breakfast, I have spoken to my Food and Beverage Manager and given him your comments. He has taken actions as well.

Again I apologize for what happened and hope that you will forgive us for our mistake and let us improve upon your comments.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night while transiting through Bangkok.

The airport shuttle was well organised and well signed.

Hotel was close to airport, about 10 minute drive on sunday night, which is quiet with not much traffic.

Checkin was efficient and pleasant, staff very accomodating with information and help.

Room was clean and functional, however shower head was broken.

Room service was tasty, quick and hot.

Breakfast was included, so not a big selection but enough to have something decent to eat.

Overall, quite a pleasant stay, was dissapointed when i went to rebook and couldn't get back in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yecarta
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear yecarta:

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as a place to spend a few hours before our late flight home to london after 2 weeks in Thailand. Our previous 4 hotels were all 5 stars but I have to say the welcome we got at The Cottage was the best and most sincere of our whole honeymoon. The young man on receotion and his team were lovely and reallt genuinely nice. Got all our flight details from us and booked us on the 9pm airport transfer. For the price the hotel was really nice and much better than my expectations. The reception, restaurant & pool would not be out of place in a 4 star hotel. The room was basic but nice and clean. We had great air con, good sized shower and a nice balcony. The male receptionist gave us directions to the near by small shopping centre and welcomed us back a few hours later. The shuttle driver was very friendly and got us to the airport in plenty of time. All in all it was fantastic. Not sure what positition the young male with braces on reception is but I would recommend he is promoted as he was brilliant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple