“Dirty Room”

Ranked #361 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“Dirty Room”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is NOT a "new three star hotel" as they advertise, and I'm pretty pissed off that this place pretends to be an upscale hotel. Sure they have modern styling, but glass and square styling does not upsale make! The bathroom was filled with black mold, and had hairs in the shower. Everything feels like it was thrown together on a shoestring budget. No deadbolt on the door, shoddy paintwork all around, dirty walls, ceiling tiles fall apart, and chipping paint all around. For the $20 we spent I expected more in a downmarket suburb of Bangkok. Our previous hotel made us feel like royalty for less! We were nickled and dimed at every turn. 100baht for wireless, 50b airport transfer, 300b for breakfast, etc, etc. Right now I am in a different hotel for 300b, and it's has exactly the same quality!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank iparlefranglais
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear iparlefranglais

Thank you for the critical critique. Your comments are important to us and I thank you for informing us therefore we will take into improvements as we try to provide beyond your satisfaction. I am extremely disappointed about what happened and that it is unacceptable for the rooms to be made below our hotel standard. I apologize for that and actions have been taken since your stay.

A department meeting has been arranged and raised your case as a priority issue. All the stated details from your critiques has been walked and executed as we’ve put ourselves into your shoes and understood your dissatisfactions.

I would like to personally discuss more details with you including other propositions that I will help you with. Please contact me at fom@thecottagebangkok.com

Once again thank you for informing us of our mistakes.

Sincerely yours,
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really a shame that we were let down so badly, as the hotel itself was quite nice. Spacious room with a balcony, comfy bed, fridge, nice shower with toiletries. However, we were supposed to be picked up at the airport as I had booked a round trip transfer. I emailed them our flight details about a week before we intended to stay there and they sent me a confirmation and told me where to meet their representatives. However, when we landed, which was about half an hour later than expected, no one was there to meet us. What then ensued was an hour long marathon of phone call after phone call to people who spoke very little English and who kept promising that the taxi would be there in 15 minutes...Only one apology was made on the phone, but nothing else was done to make up for it. This was especially annoying as we had planned to spend a relaxing evening visiting the city and then come back to use the hotel pool, neither of which were possible thanks to their incompetence. Doubly annoying because there are hundreds of taxi-meters at the airport that could have got us to the hotel in no time, but we were instructed to wait for the shuttle service. Also cold, unappetizing breakfast buffet in a small dark room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kitkatjones
Ohm P, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Ms. Jones,

I have learned about your case and I thank you for the comments given. Your comments are important as we aim to improve the hotel for all of our guests’ satisfaction. I'm sorry for the late reply as I could not contact your from my work email (fom@thecottagebangkok.com) as it states "This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address".

I am extremely unhappy upon learning about your case on my airport representatives not being there to pick you up upon your arrival. It is completely not your fault and you did not deserve to wait at the airport for the amount of time you did. This action from my staff is unacceptable and I will not tolerate such behavior therefore he is no longer employed at our hotel. I guarantee you this matter will not happen again. The poor performance given by my airport representative shall be improved as I have found a new responsible team to take care of our customers in which I hope to see you during your next trip.

I have gathered my management staff for a meeting and have raised your case as a top priority upon improvements. As for the cold and unappetizing breakfast, I have spoken to my Food and Beverage Manager and given him your comments. He has taken actions as well.

Again I apologize for what happened and hope that you will forgive us for our mistake and let us improve upon your comments.
sydney
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night while transiting through Bangkok.

The airport shuttle was well organised and well signed.

Hotel was close to airport, about 10 minute drive on sunday night, which is quiet with not much traffic.

Checkin was efficient and pleasant, staff very accomodating with information and help.

Room was clean and functional, however shower head was broken.

Room service was tasty, quick and hot.

Breakfast was included, so not a big selection but enough to have something decent to eat.

Overall, quite a pleasant stay, was dissapointed when i went to rebook and couldn't get back in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank yecarta
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear yecarta:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

I hope the accommodations and service you experienced fits your liking and that you were satisfied as our motto is “We provide beyond your satisfaction!”

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as a place to spend a few hours before our late flight home to london after 2 weeks in Thailand. Our previous 4 hotels were all 5 stars but I have to say the welcome we got at The Cottage was the best and most sincere of our whole honeymoon. The young man on receotion and his team were lovely and reallt genuinely nice. Got all our flight details from us and booked us on the 9pm airport transfer. For the price the hotel was really nice and much better than my expectations. The reception, restaurant & pool would not be out of place in a 4 star hotel. The room was basic but nice and clean. We had great air con, good sized shower and a nice balcony. The male receptionist gave us directions to the near by small shopping centre and welcomed us back a few hours later. The shuttle driver was very friendly and got us to the airport in plenty of time. All in all it was fantastic. Not sure what positition the young male with braces on reception is but I would recommend he is promoted as he was brilliant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kenmlove
Dear kenmlove:

Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for one night before our flight back home to London.

The distance to the hotel is not too bad. About 10 minutes drive by cab. The hotel is near a Tesco Lotus, McDonalds and a few other modern shops, but is in an otherwise suburban location.

The pool was awardly positioned in the centre of the hotel and in front of the hotel office, meaning there was very little privacy from staff and guests.

The service was generally pretty friendly, but a little confusing at times. I thought the hotel driver drove far too fast (we were flung out of our seats when he hit bumps at speed).

The rooms seemed reasonably clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a small balcony. However, by the time I had got on to the plane the next day, I realized that I was covered in bed bug bites all over the right side of my torso and over my left arm.

I understand that this is not always the hotels problem and can be the fault of recent guests. However, I thought everyone should at least know and that the hotel should know, given that it is extremely serious. For the record, I was in Tower 2 on floor 3.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank imlonggone
Dear imlonggone:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your stay with us.

I am extremely disappointed about what happened and that it is unacceptable for the rooms to bed bugs in which is below our hotel standard. I apologize for that and actions have been taken since your stay. Your comments are important to us and that we thank you for your critical critique as improvements are our goals in providing beyond your satisfaction.

A department meeting has been arranged and we have raised your case as a priority issue. I have gathered my team and thoroughly inspected the rooms and actions has been taken. Here are the procedures:

• a thorough insect spray along with the current montly pest control
• a deep cleaning process in all rooms
• a daily inspection on bugs and all details within the room
• and inspection control before guest's arrival to the room

Again I apologize for your uncomfortable experience and I will improve everything up to our motto standard. After putting ourselves into your shoes your dissatisfactions are well understood.

The Cottage Suvarnabhumi

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We needed a place to stay and rest before our midnight flight back to Europe after an early check-out from a disappionting 5-star hotel in Hua Hin. We were immediatly impressed by the fantastic service at The Cottage. We were welcommed much better there then at a 8 000 ++ bath resort in Hua Hin. The hotel had a very good location just a fem minutes from a small local shopping center (McDonalds, KFC, several international restaurants and massage - Starbucks coming soon) and just 15 minutes from the airport.The room was clean and had a perfect size for our purpose (a place to stay until 22.00). Our rate was without airport transfer but this cost us only 150 bath for 3 people and 3 big suitcases). Very polite and english speaking staff. Keep up the good work!

We strongly recommend The Cottage - great value for money!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank moe150
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My partner and I used this hotel as a stop over on the way out of Bangok for an early morning flight. The hotel is reasonably close to the airport to get a cheap taxi too and there is a shuttle service every half an hour provided by the hotel to get back to the airport. The room was very basic, not entirely too clean, but you do get what you pay for. Wifi was available to purchase at the front desk. Great for its purpose as a stopover hotel close to the airport for late night or early morning flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roundtheworldin2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#687 of 859 in Bangkok
Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel
Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel
#699 of 859 in Bangkok

Been to The Cottage Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!