“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #373 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Koh Chang, Thailand
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We only needed one night close to the airport and this hotel was very pleasant for that purpose.

The hotel is new, modern and clean with tiled bedroom floors. I enjoy a hotel with a swimming pool which this hotel has. I would avoid the rooms near the swimming pool because I’m sure they will be noisy.

We stayed with my son and granddaughters. They had an inter-connecting rooms, which is a great idea when travelling with children.

I agree with other reviewers that not providing free internet is crazy nowadays. I’d rather not have the TV frankly, but I do need the internet.

The breakfast is hardly worth it. I was thinking to have breakfast at the local shopping centre, but it is actually further than the hotel claims and not worth the hot walk. If you can wait until the airport for breakfast, that is a better option.

The staff were young, spoke English well, and were very enthusiastic, a little too much, but that’s better than surly or quiet.

We will go back when we need a hotel near the airport again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked the room thru Expedia with the shuttle transfer to and from the airport. The hotel didn't have a link to their website on Expedia so I included the flight arrival time and number in our reservation (under "comments"). I was a bit nervous because I didn't receive confirmation from the hotel about the ride. Upon arriving, we went to the information desk and they new exactly where we should go (gate/exit 4) in the domestic terminal. There were about 30 drivers there with names printed on paper- I found my name and the driver took us to the van. It was a 15 minute ride to the hotel where they greeted us with refreshing tea and cold towels. The room is very no-frills. A small bathroom with stand-in shower, an ok double bed, no safe in the room, small television. You can purchase wifi for pretty cheap and there is a very basic hotel restaurant. Breakfast is 200 baht per person (buffet) and the food is not great. There is a pool, but we arrived too late and left top early to use it.

We also got a ride back to the airport which was also quick and easy.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Glad we found this place.

Basically you get what you pay for- go with low expectations and you will be fine. Bottom line- very convenient for a quick stopover.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank 123travelbee
Ohm P, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear 123travelbee,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us a great comment. I am happy that we were able to serve as a convenient place for your stopover hotel to catch your early flight the next morning. I will make sure to inform my Food and Beverage Manager to seek for improvements in regards to our Breakfast Buffet.
Thank you so much for staying with us and hope to see you back with us again for your next transit in Bangkok.

Las Pinas, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Convenient located not that far away from the Suvarnabhumi airport, but way out of central Bangkok. Whilst the train station is located nearby, a trip does take a taxi unless you can figure out how the public transport is working. And 60 bath for a minor distance isn't really cheap. Especially not when taxi driver doesn't give change (I know the trick, keep enough coins available)

Room clean, friendly staff but just about everything, from breakfast to internet connection comes with an extra charge. Booked on the internet for a total of $120 for 3 nights is not really cheap if there is a breakfast to add (ok, nice one, but $8 pp?) and $4 for 5 hours internet connection. If one is in the region for work, almost continuous connection is often required, making this quite an expensive option.

And the water for the shower: Why is it so irregular? one can not regulate the temperature of the water properly and has often to switch between (too) cold or blazing hot. That is really annoying.

If you have to go to the airport, next day, great place, internet time enough to handle your bookings and airport service works fine.

Room Tip: Take poolside view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ger08061959,

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your honest feedback. I am glad to hear that we were able to serve you as a transit hotel to connect you back to your flight the following day. However, I am very sorry to hear that your room had water temperature problem. I will be sure to have our engineering team look into this matter as soon as possible. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you once again for staying at our hotel and we hope to be able to service you on your next transit in Bangkok.

Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yes a nice place to stay,near in the airport,good food they serve and friendly staff ,very clean room and the aircon so quite..but we having a bad experience to the taxi driver they call for us...they ask an extra cost of money in bringing us in the train station,anyway it's not so far from cottage but we trust in the cottage thats why they are the one to talk to the taxi driver and we thought the cottage having there own contact taxi for the guest..and the staff of the hotel said we pay only 60 baht and my husband pay 70 baht..and the taxi driver keep the change and he is not giving us back the change..I like to recommend that hotel to our friend if they are on holiday Also in Thailand.but I'm afraid if they encounter also in that kind taxi driver of the cottage hotel..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria0419,

Thank you very much for the comments about your recent stay. I am glad you found our staffs to be friendly with clean rooms and good food. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the taxi driver that took you to the nearest airport link station. The taxis that we called for our guests are regular taxi meter that drives within Bangkok vicinity. We always tell the taxi driver to run my the “metered” fare and not for the taxi driver to assume his own fare as well as guide the driver in the general directions that our guest wants to go. We will be sure to improvise from this situation and inform all our customer to have some spare change ready in case of instances such as yours. I must apologize once again that we were not able support you in regards to your taxi service.

Thank you so much for staying at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi and for your honest feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice cozy hotel and clean rooms. Always With a smile from the staff. I suffered from severe Food poisoning and the several hours in agony I finally asked the staff for a doctor and hospital they were very helpful to recommend a good hospital. Not the closest one but the better one. With a smile they helped me With a cab and cleaned my room. The next day they were sincerely concerned and asked how you were. They arrange a taxi to help us to get to Our next destination.

Close to Paseo mall With many restaurant Choices but otherwise it was a quiet area. Nice transfer hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TastingU,

This is Ohm, thank you for coming back to give us such a wonderful comment and hope that you were feeling better on your way to Pattaya. The reason that I recommended Samitivej hospital is because it is one of the best hospitals in Bangkok and it is located only ten minutes away from us. Their staffs are able to speak English fluently and their services are top notch.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last month and had great experiences both times. You can book an airport transfer when you book or just grab one at the airport. It is only about 10 minutes drive from the accommodation. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Room is clean. Restaurant has great food and well priced. Air conditioned. I will stay here again when flying through Bangkok. Well priced. Also has a pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cocopops89
Dear Cocopops89,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and returning to stay at our hotel for the second time. I am delighted that we are able to satisfy you on both of your stays. I am sure that my staffs will be extremely excited when they hear about your wonderful compliments.

Thank you once again for staying at The Cottage Suvaranbhumi.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a good retreat spot probably, might I add a great one for families and couple but for most of us who come to Bangkok for that leisure trip this just doesn't do the trick. It's a tricky stay here, lovely garden by the way. Really confusing when you drunk, so this is just not right for me as a solo traveller who's looking for a good time. I would however recommend it to couples. For singles this is like a little rehabilitation hotel. Good luck guys, awesome service by the way!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#676 of 849 in Bangkok
Siam Place Airport Hotel
Siam Place Airport Hotel
#457 of 849 in Bangkok

Been to The Cottage Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!