“Nice and quiet place”

Ranked #65 of 1,155 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc, France
“Nice and quiet place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ok the hostel is outside the city, but it is close to the sky train, so you need time to go to the city center... That is the only bad point. You could see the Bangkok life, outside the tourist places (it is really good and cheapest).
Anyway, Udee is very quiet and relax. The staff is friendly, helps you to find the best place to visit and they do the best for you. I will recommand

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I booked Udee online and within a few hours, I checked in. The process was simple and easy, it took less than 5 minutes. The staff were very knowledgeable and accommodating. I booked a bed in the ladies' dorm for a night and I was impressed how clean and organized everything was. I also took advantage of the rooftop that night which offered a wonderful sight of the city. The hostels rises to its promise and you can really feel a different atmosphere once you're inside its premises versus the busy streets nearby. If I have another trip to Bangkok and need to fly at DMK , this would be my top choice.

Room Tip: If you're travelling solo, the dorm rooms are good. :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Oldenburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Wonderfully clean rooms, friendly staff, directly in the real Bangkok (not in the Tourist Hotspots). Everything I wanted was beyond expectations. Great place to stay. When I was there for the first time I decided to book the hostel as well for my second trip to Bangkok on my holidays.

Room Tip: All two bed rooms have their own bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
veldhoven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

After reading all the raving reviews about Udee, we decided to give it a chance! We stayed the last 2 nights of our trip in this wonderful place. Arriving, look for the red chinese gate. We were welcomed by the terrific staff, and guided to our rooms on the first level. We took a 3 bed private ensuite (1500 bath) and a double bed private ensuite (1000 bath) The reservation was made through hostelworld and went smooth. The rooms were bright and spacy, there was fast wifi in the rooms too! Private ensuite were stocked with showersupplies too! Even the toiletpaper was there. It was the first time we stayed in a hostel like this, and we were suprised by the clean areas. Even the toilets for common use were spotless clean.On the roofterrace are washingmachines available too on coins.
The breakfast was included too, and this was the only con for us. It was OK for the price we payed but there could be more products to choose from. The sandwiches with ham and mayonaise were not very tasty.......So we made toast with jam that was much better.
The location is somewhat out of the way too, but it is near a BTS station, and on walking distance to the Chatuchak weekend market.
We liked Udee from the first moment that we entered. We are travelling with teenagers/ young adults, and this is a superspot for families too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay in bangkok for 1 night before leaving for sukhothai the next day and found this hostel at the last minute, decided to give it a try after reading the reviews. Even with the very good reviews, I have to say that I am still shocked at how this hostel's standards surpassed expectations (considering I am a Singaporean who knows everything about cleanliness). Very clean rooms, toilets, lounge, everywhere. Everything was very organized as well, and I guess this came from the owner whom I saw filling in the guestbook in a very organized manner. Breakfast was included and they served ham n cheese sandwiches, cereal, coffee/tea, a small variety but pretty satisfying. Only small catch is that you have to watch the utensils after eating but it really isn't a big matter. Lunch/dinner can be easily found along the main street, just 5 min walk from hostel. I asked for directions to the bus terminal for the next day and they showed a big map in the lounge with small paper chits prepared for us guests to find our way around the area via public transport (bus/train). From everything they do, you can tell they place alot of emphasis on the smallest details and therefore the high hostel standards they have achieved. While this is slightly costly for a dorm at USD12, I thought it was really worth it. Definitely coming back if I return to bangkok.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been traveling around south east Asia for almost 2 months now and Udee was by far the best hostel we've stayed in (better than most guesthouses and even some hotels too). It's incredibly clean, cosy and quiet despite being in such a big and busy city. Udee provides everything you could need including a great breakfast, sheets, towels, soap and shampoo, self-service laundry facilities with free detergent, WiFi, lockers, air con in the evening, snacks and drinks for purchase, and so much more. They also have a beautiful rooftop lounge area that was so relaxing. Furthermore the staff were so friendly and helpful and always went beyond what we expected of them. Amazing hostel overall and loved our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the mixed dorm most nights but treated ourselves to the double bed private once as well...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed one night only after a late arrival at Mo Chit Bus Terminal. Great value for money, very clean, basic and well-maintained. Friendly staff. Possibility to leave luggage for the day to visit closeby weekend market. Okay breakfast included. Everything you can expect from a hostel.
Aircon seems centrally operated and was way too cold, but got an extra blanket at the reception and then it was okay.
Make sure you get a decent taxi driver as I got one from hell that couldn't drive and didn't speak a word of English. The place is a bit hard to find and far down a dark alley, not ideal at night. Even with my phone's gps the driver got lost, surely to get some extra bahts on the meter! It should only be a 10-minute drive from the Bus Terminal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo