“Taxi driver recommendation !!!!”
Review of Bangkok Condotel

Bangkok Condotel
Ranked #487 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Taxi driver recommendation !!!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Well; having seen other tripadvisor comments for this place myself and a previous poster obviously had the same taxi driver. To be fair there were violent protests and a bomb had gone off in Bangkok, and we couldn't get near our hotel we had paid for the lamphu tree. But still at 1070thb a night this place ought to be better. Wipe your feet on the way out is my suggestion. Used crisp packets in the room and hairs on the bed just to name a few negatives. If your driver offers you a hotel at 1000thb called the Bangkok Condotel steer clear! ..... Although to be fair the restaurant out front does excellent food!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Tawala, Philippines
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived at the Bangkok airport at about 7:00 PM on the evening of July 11. By the time we cleared customs, got our bags and got a taxi it was 8:00PM. We told the driver to take us to Mo Chit bus terminal so we could take a taxi to Chang Mai. About 5 minutes into the ride the driver made a call and then turned and told us the bus terminal stopped selling bus tickets at 8:00 PM. He handed me the phone and the person on the other side said the same thing. The driver knew of a hotel that was 10 minutes from the bus terminal. I have a rule to never trust a taxi driver but after traveling for over 12 hours I decided to stay at the hotel he recommended. The man at the desk confirmed that the bus terminal stopped selling tickets at 8:00 PM. The price was way over what it should have been. The next day at the bus terminal I checked and bus tickets are sold way past 8:00 so I was lied to by both the taxi driver and the man at the front desk of the hotel. I checked online and found that I could have gotten it for half the price I paid. I have read other reviews in which people were led to this hotel by taxi drivers. I was not only out the extra money I paid for the hotel room but I was out one day of my vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and young son have used this hotel several times over the past couple of years,it is at the budget end but is clean has aircon and bathroom,staff are always pleasant and helpfull.Will stay here again.

Stayed May 2012
Liverpool
Reviewed February 8, 2013

When leaving Bangkok airport, a member of staff had advised us of a hotel near Don Meaung airport we could stay at, as we were departing for Vietnam early the next morning. The the driver was informed of this hotel and he agreed to take us for a set price. Half way through the journey, he suddenly changed his mind and said he knew of a better hotel which was just 5 mins away from Don Meaung airport. This did not turn out to be the case, it took us 30 mins to get to the airport the next morning.

When we arrived, he insisted on coming in with us, i have no doubt he was working on commission.

My boyfriend had to haggle the cost of the room down from 40 pounds down to 20 pounds. The hotel was clearly a dump and there was no way we were paying 2000 baht for a room, and especially as we were using it as a pit stop ad would be in there for 10hrs max before we depart.

The room was clean, but the decor and furniture was shabby, and it was really noisy right through the night. The place did not feel safe at all and so we locked our cases and took our passports and money out with us while we had a wander around.

When we left the next morning, we were told we had an extra charge for the snacks we ate. We did not touch any snacks in the room at all. We didn't even drink the complimentary water! The guy who checked our room was insisting to the receptionist the receptionist that we had had snacks. We offered to take them up to the room ourselves to prove we hadn't. They said it was ok, and the the guy who checked the room then handed money from his pocket to the receptionist and walked off muttering to himself. Obviously a scam to make us feel bad and pay him the money back.

Would never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hayley21
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was recommended by our taxi driver (who probably got paid to do so, but I don't mind). The hotel is fine, very nice and clean, with spacious rooms, comfortable beds and clean private bathrooms. It's not very far from the city center, but when you take a taxi or tuktuk it could easily take you 30-40 minutes to reach the 'tourist' spots such as the Royal Palace and Khao San Road. The traffic is always jammed :-) Apart from that, this is a perfectly fine hotel with friendly staff. The hotel right next door serves great breakfasts and also seems to be a popular restaurant for the locals. Right around the corner there is a Big C shopping mall with a large food court, surrounded by market stalls. Also, the Chatuchak Weekend Market is at walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tessa2809
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband had stay in your hotel on 3 Nov 212(check-in) to 5 Nov 2012 (Check-out).
I am not sure is book through this Thai friend name, Chaiyutwangtaweewong or my husband name , Lim Kek Heng.

I have check online booking for 2 days only cost me 1500THB but your staff charge me 2568THB.
After my husband check-out the hotel on 5 Nov 2012, he saw your staff passing some money to this Thai friend.
This is not the correct way to treat customer. please clarify.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The rooms were clean and the location is not exactly perfect but the price I paid was so good the staff were friendly and I got what I paid for I was happy here I guess for the price thank you staff for helping me out with my enquiriees

Room Tip: Staff helpfull