Sapphirtel Inn
Furama Silom(Bangkok)
  • Restaurant
LUXX(Bangkok)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I travel the around the world about half a dozen times a year and have been to amazing places and great hospitality and nothing would ever take me back to this hotel. When I arrived I was checked into a corner room which was virtually falling apart. The lift did not work correctly, there were "frozen" ants or bugs in my fridge and the place looked like it belonged in the ghettos of Silom Road, Bangkok. A dirty room in a dirty hotel with food that looked and tasted like rubber. The only upside to this place was the location. The rooms were noisy you could hear people flush and do all sorts of things in the toilet next door. We had booked it as a group booking and were planning to stay only for a couple of days after being "recommended" by one of the people in the group. Though we had booked for 2 nights with a gap for a trip up north, (which was cancelled due to flooding), we ended up having to stay in Bangkok for another night. In the morning, we were told we will need to have room reshuffles and I was asked to share a room with another person in the party which I declined. In the morning whilst I asked for confirmation of room arrangements, they assured me that everything was going to be okay. When we got back in the eveing after a really big day at the jewellery show, I asked for the keys and what was happening to the room that was pre allocated. The guy at the reception spoke almost no English and had no idea what was going on. They made us wait for 15 minutes whilst they served other customers and when I asked the reception who did speak some english, she made no comment and was trying to avoid any questions I had about the room. When confronted on 3 occassions, she said that it was the owners issue and she could not call him because he left his phone behind at the reception. Apparantly he had not told the staff the arrangements before he left. I then asked her what was happening and she chose not to response. Therefore no apologies, no response, haughty rude behaviour and most of all exceptionally unhelpful and made it feel like it was our problem. After 1/2 an hours of just disgusting behaviour, I went upstairs and packed my things and let the rest of the group know that I was not paying another dollar for terrible service and terrible accomodation. All I did was walk another 2 minutes down the street, met a courteous, well spoken and clearly empathetic young man from Narai Hotel who said that they had a boutique hotel just next door, priced slightly higher but can I tell you, it has the best service, great clean decor and good amenities. Most of all internet wifi was free and the room was quiet. After a horrendous few days, I am thankful that I have ended up in a better place after all.

Room Tip: Don't bother, go somewhere else. Try Triple Two Silom down the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I've stayed at Sapphirtel Inn 2 or 3 times a year for the past 5 years.
I like it's small size, personalized service, clean rooms and central location. The friendly staff always go out of their way to sort out even the smallest problems.
There were problems with my room this time. The top floors are undergoing a complete refit which resulted in problems with water leaks, television reception etc but all was sorted when my room was changed to the opposite end of the building from where the builders were working. Work on these floors is close to completion so a room on the 6th or 7th floor will be the best option if booking from August 2011.
Best to book online. Staff offer the tarrif as stated by the owner and do not have acces to the online agents rates.
They are hoping to have free Internet in the rooms soon and it is available now from their computers downstairs. I bought a data sim for my IPad at the airport on in the arrivals level 2 from AIS. This worked well but was slow and very flakey when there was heavy rain. I supplemented with the hotel wifi when necessary. Don't expect speeds like those available in Europe and the US. Thai broadband is slow.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was not the best hotel in the world, but for Bangkok, it was good value. Our room was a little tired, but this was made up for with a comfy bed, decent view, and helpful staff. Our air-con started to leak, but they were up quickly to fix it. The breakfast was fine, but we did skip it a couple times because the food in Bangkok is so good! We thought it was fine for the three nights we were there, and found the location to be great. It is on a Soi just off Silom Road, so the Skytrain was close and the area was safe.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I found this hotel after searching for a better hotel as close to some SkyTrain station.
First advice: book through internet, because I walked in there and the guy asked a price 150 bhat more than listed online. He told me "we have few promotional rooms" !! :) I came back to my old hotel booked online and shifted there. So, their prices vary a lot, but to stay competent they can't raise much.
Also ask for one with better view on higher floor. You'll get a nice view from the large wall-wide windows, room was large spacious, bath room was clean and decent. There's mini fridge you can keep your stuff (I didnt use their content in minibar)
I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5.

Their attached restaurant is crappy and open for very short time. But you wont mind there are better places to eat out there. Their small internet cafe often didnt work, again theres internet just outside open till 11pm. So ... if you got a positive attitude and not the kind who always complain about everything, you'll love this place and hotel :) Its close to some good nightlife area and shopping.
And the most important part for which I liked this hotel, the staff was nice enough to listen to my custom request. The air-condition goes off as soon as you leave the room and takeout the key card from its slot. But when you return the room is so hot and humid and takes long to cool after you insert the key to turn on main switch. When I explained this, and old man from hotel staff came and fixed this by providing a dummy card which solved my problem. I replaced that everytime I went outside. They were not bound to accommodate such request of mine (I wanted the air-condition on even while I was out of hotel), given it would increase their electricity bill, but thanks to them they helped me. I kept the air-condition turned for continuous 5 days of my stay.

I stayed there for 5 days. I think its not costly, specially if you are not alone.
Enjoy !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Me and my Friend visited in early Jan, stayed about 4 nights. The images on the website look fresher than the rooms actually are. However in saying that, the rooms were amazingly clean, and bathrooms (big issue for us) we up to standard. Sure the water temp/force wasn't that great, but it was better than some of the other places we stayed.
The one thing I must acknowledge though, is the SERVICE. The staff are so helpful. they let us make international calls, use the internet, and eat for free when we ran into some trouble regarding a tourgroup who left us behind- and thus ruined our day. Very thankful to them.

Location is good, close to the skytrain, and other big malls etc. And very quiet, infact it seems a bit dodge now- but we didn't see any other people there but staff.

All four of us would recommend this place and def return

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends