“Traditional massage at its best”

Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio
Ranked #29 of 568 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ruen-Naud offers traditional massage ..... and they are very good at it. This is not the place to go if you are after a pampering massage with great smelling oil and the soft sound of music or water. But if you are looking for a solid fuss-free traditional massage, then this is most definitely the place to go.
The masseurs have great hands, and they have an uncanny way to know where are your sore muscles even without you having to tell them. I have sensitive calfs, and in the past have experienced cramps in the hands of many less experienced masseurs. At Ruen-Naud, the masseurs held my calfs firm and proceeded with firm strong strokes at my calfs ..... no cramps, and my calfs felt so relaxed thereafter. We have a heavenly 1.5 hrs oil massage.
Most definitely will visit again in my next Bangkok trip, this time for 2 hours :)

1  Thank JojoChan
in 6 reviews
"alley"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I dropped in one afternoon and were quickly taken care of by the smiling host. She assigned us masseuses, a guy for me, and a woman for my wife, who took us for a great massage. The building it's in is an anachronism for the neighborhood of Silom—an old-style Thai house among office buildings. A very peaceful escape from the street.

Massages are great value and we'd definitely return.

One word of caution: the name sounds a lot like "Renewed" when said by Thai people, so if someone recommends Renewed Massage, they mean Ruen-Nuad. Thank them for recommending a good place, then hurry here.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went there without any reservation after reading some review at the CNN and happened to stay at Silom. A 5 minutes walk from Sala-Daeng BTS and it was right across BNH Hospital. We never tried any Thai massage before and our first experience was spent well in Ruen-Nuad. The masseur are very skillfull and knows how to work the arms and hands in the right pressure to our muscles. We tried for the 1 hour Thai Massage for 350 B and regret why we did not taking the 1.5 hour or the Spa package instead. The place was very basic, as in wooden floor and matress lying on the floor, but the sheet was clean and tidy. No specific aromatherapy, music and ambience for relaxation as you would expect in high rated spa, but the simplicity just catched my attention. The bathroom is clean and again very basic. We were given a clothes in humongous size during the massage. After the massage we were given a special herb but unfortunately below our standards (as we come from the country of very strong and delicious herbal drinks- Java). The receptionist were very straightforward in making us select the package without having to explain each packet. Probably language barrier.

2  Thank Besth S
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I read several other reviews and Ruen-Nuad is definitely not value for money. It is priced exactly the same as the countless other massage places in BKK. But it is cheaper than in more developed countries.

This is a very nice massage place. The masseuses are skilled and know exactly what to do to work out the kinks and issues in your body. It is basic in its delivery. For example, it is not luxurious as you my see in some of the higher-priced places but the massage you get is no worse which is the reason I will come back again and again.

Make sure to call for reservations on all days of the week although they do accept walk-ins if they have availability.

1  Thank DHWShanghai