“Really pretty decent for a hotel restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Really pretty decent for a hotel restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I was stayed at the Prince Palace Hotel for 2 weeks and because there are no (zero, nada, zilch) restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, ate in the hotel restaurants more than usual. I ate a China Palace three times, twice for dim sum and once for dinner. The food was really pretty good, though I would expect that if you knew where to go in Chinatown you could do a lot better. I enjoyed all of the dim sum, especially the scallops wrapped in rice noodle, thought the hot and sour soup was top rate and found the squid in salt tasty. Further, the service was quite friendly and gracious, and the view, from the 32 floor of the hotel, outstanding. While I could not call this place expensive (my dinner was $18 U.S. with a beer; dim sum around $13), it probably is twice as much as what you would pay in Chinatown. But I'm rating this on the basis of being a convenient, hotel restaurant, and on that basis I was quite happy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles