“My favorite hotel ever. Even with ants.”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #45 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Yes, ants kept invading my room, but it was my fault - I left a chocolate out on my first night. On my final night, the ants were numerous enough that the hotel offered to relocate me rather than subject me to fumigation.

From top to bottom: this hotel was perfect: beautiful, brand new, impeccably well-located. The executive lounge was dreamy--and those who worked there went above and beyond, even fetching me bircher muesli from the restaurant downstairs and surprising me with cookies one night when they could tell I'd just been through a tough phone call. After that, they always asked how I was doing, and I could tell they meant it.

The furnishings were modern, colorful, and whimsical: exactly how I think the Renaissance brand wants to be known. I can't believe how few guests there were in the hotel. I bet that'll change soon enough. I rested easy, got lots of work done, arrived at all my meetings in plenty of time, and strolled effortlessly through central Bangkok whenever I wanted some fresh air. I can't wait for a reason to go back.

One last note: I've also stayed at the JW Marriott in Bangkok. One word: tired. By comparison the Renaissance isn't just a breath of fresh air, it's a hurricane.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Alpacalon

Reviewed December 30, 2010

I picked this hotel because I wanted a central location and wanted it to be affordable for my family that would be traveling with us. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and used reward points for this stay. This is one of the best service orientated hotels I have stayed in a long time.

We arrived late into BKK and found the hotel transportation waiting for us that we had arranged with the hotel ahead of time. Very nice large van. When we arrived at the hotel (1am), the front desk was ready and waiting for us. My parents were traveling with us and had booked a room via the internet. The hotel gave us a joining rooms. At check in I selected the cheese platter instead of the points and the hotel was nice to bring both a tray to my room and my parents (first time reward members).

I accidentally plugged a 120v radio into the 220v wall outlet. I blew the circuit breakers in the room. I called down to the front desk and they promptly sent up someone to reset the breakers without a problem.

The rooms are great with firm beds and plenty of outlets. The pool on the top floor was cold and in the shade. If your looking for pool use, this is not the hotel for you. As a Rewards Platinum member I had access to the 21st club room. This is where the real service was exceptional. Happy hour 4:30-8pm and breakfast buffet in the morning. I had made to order eggs the 5 days we stayed. All outstanding and complimentary.

The lobby bar was nice but very expensive. I would not have more than 1 drink there.

My brother and his wife (not reward members) included the breakfast buffet on the 3rd floor with their room. They both gave that a thumbs down and would not recommend it.

The internet is free on the 21st club room but expensive in the rooms. So I would just bring my laptop up to the 21st floor if I wanted internet access.

One of the complaints of this hotel was the location. We found this not to be a problem and the hotel has made small business cards in Thai to explain to cab drivers how to find the hotel. We found the location great because it is away from the busy Bangkok street and much quieter. It is also a short walk to the Sky rail mass transit system.

Our checkout was easy and there were no unexpected charges for anyone in our party that stayed at the hotel. I honestly had a hard time finding anything wrong with our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank USgovt-traveler
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel for one night. This relatively new hotel( been open less than a year) is my new favourite hotel in Bangkok. The rooms are fantastic. Love the big deep baths.
The staff are so friendly and attentive.
Excellent breakfast. As I travel a lot, one of the bench marks I use to measure a hotel is quality of their club sandwiches. And their's is one of the best I have had in 25 years of international travel.
Only one minor gripe with the hotel, but it is a gripe I have with a lot of hotels, the price of internet in the the room is extortionate.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This has now become our favourite hotel in Bangkok and this was our second stay at this hotel in Bangkok which is a first for us as this city has some really good hotels but after being at this hotel feel our quest for a good 5 star hotel in Bangkok is over.
This is extremely well located and very comfortable hotel.The Club lounge is really good with great staff.The Breakfast quality was excellent and i think the best croissants in bangkok are available here for breakfast.
The fitness area is superb and so is the spa which had just about opened.The massage at this spa was really nice and they have a wonderful setting for a couple massage in the evening with all bangkok lights sparkling on the outsideI would definately recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in the centre of bangkok and wants to stay in a 5 star hotel.Looking forward to come back to this hotel soon.The quality of t5his hotel is only improving

Reviewed December 19, 2010

The Renaissance has a good location opposite the Intercontinental. It is close to the shopping centres as well as the metro. The rooms are very comfortable and modern. The price I paid was attractive and it included a voucher to be spend in the hotel on either restaurant or the spa (I choose the spa and enjoyed a very nice massage)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This hotel is truely wonderful! Firstly the location is brilliant - around the corner from the hotel is an array of designer shops along with a variety of restaurants and cafes. The BTM sky rail is also just accross the road so you can easily get around town by train. On arrival the staff were super friendly and polite and throughout our stay they continued to keep a high level of professionalism. It was my husbands birthday and they must have taken note of this from his passport because when we returned to our room from a cycling tour they had sent a birthday cake with candles to our room - complimentary! The decor of the hotel is also very contemporary and modern and the bedrooms are spacious, light with all the latest mod cons. I would highly reccomend staying at this hotel whether it be for business or lesiure as it is just simply AMAZING!

Reviewed December 11, 2010

One of the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in a lot!

Cleanliness - Given that it is a 5 stars property and reasonable new, the hotel is spotless, from lobby to your room, only problem I have was the water sealing from the shower is not working properly but that is just a bit of a nuisance more than anything

Location - It is less than 5 minutes walk from Chitlom station and facing the intercontinental, you can't get more central than that. Strangely though, as some point out, the hotel is relatively unknown to many. Even the bell in Lebua towel didn't know about the place (very much to my surprise), luckily someone in the taxi queue is kind enough to lend us his map (thank you!) so we can show it to the bell and the driver

Rooms - The room is reasonable spacious and tastefully decorated, you got separate bath and shower (with rainshower), good working area with broadband (paid, not free), LCD tv, good big bed with loads of pillows (I count 6 with 3 extra cushions!)

Service - Service is the best I have ever received in Thailand, period, and that said a lot. On arrival the bell literally hop out from inside to pick our bag, then while checking in I was given a glass of iced tea, a towel to swipe my face (for my friend as well who was sitting in the lounge area); I was then escort to my room by the Front Desk staff (although I did said I wouldn't need help taking my bags), with all facilities/amenities explained. Staff spoke excellent English, even the housekeeping lady. I dine at the La Tavola restaurant on the 2nd night, staff again, was super friendly and always carries a big smile, same goes for the staff in Flavour restaurant, where they served the breakfast.

Value - I have a very good promotion and got the room at 2600 THB (without tax/service), for the rate this is definitely the best deal out there, for their normal promo rate at around 4000 - 5000 THB I will still consider it.

All in all I am very impressed with the Renaissance, the location, facilities as well as service are all top notched, I will definitely recommend it.