“Wow, better than expected....”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #46 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great hotel to stay in within walking distances to many places. As I usually stay in grand Hyatt erawan, decided to try out renaissance this time as i am flying to Bangkok for a one day trip.

Bed is big and comfy, excellent staff, great attitude and their welcome drink and sweets. Wifi was very stable and didn't face much of a problem. One thing I like about this hotel, things are very much in place, good standards like half day room rate can be settled within a call, room service was also good.

I didn't really like the long walk in to the lobby becos it drizzled while I was walking back and it's not 100% sheltered.

Go and try it out.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank kiingderek
Write a ReviewReviews (3,434)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Everytime I visit Bangkok, either for work or pleasure, I always stay at this hotel. It's only a few steps away from Chit Lom BTS station which makes it excellent location for public transportation. The rooms are very modern and the breakfast spread is comprehensive. The room service food is delicious, especially the mango sticky rice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank sfei
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

All the restaurants in the hotel are first class. The Executive Chef Jose Borja, and his staff have a real good sense of customer service. The hotel have a Chinese, Italian, Flavors with a great buffet. As well on the ground floor there is a great bar. So when in Bangkok please visit and enjoy it!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank leticiarobinson
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This review goes to the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, particularly its food quality and staff performance at the “Flavors”. I am a regular visitor of Bangkok, more than 48 times since April 2006 but this was the first time my wife and I stayed at this property. We had stayed at 18 different hotels around Bangkok, and had always considered that the Peninsular Bangkok has had the best breakfast to offer, until this trip. We were at the Renaissance Bangkok from July 16 -20 and had breakfast at the “Flavors” for 4 mornings, plenty of time to evaluate and form our opinion.
While most major hotels around Bangkok also have lavish buffet breakfast to offer, we really appreciated the fresh juice bar at the “Flavors” and would like to pay compliments to the genuine, sincere, and caring attitudes of its front line staff. Particular mention should be given to a waiter, “Champion” for his personal care and attention to details (we had asked for Earl Grey the first morning, and it was there for us every morning thereafter without mentioning), this naturally reflects on how much they value and care for their guests.
Our sincere thanks to everyone at the Renaissance Bangkok for making our stay a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FredYau
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had a two night stay at this hotel and I could not have been happier. The hotel is extremely modern and the rooms are of a good size, and have a fantastic set-up with a glass walled bathroom which allows a lot of light to enter.

I found the staff to be extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble, you just had to ask.

One evening I had drinks in the R Bar, there is a great selection of cocktails which definitely get you in the mood before heading into the craziness that is Bangkok.

I didn't sample any of the restaurants, however, I did order room service which I found to be reasonably priced and to have a good selection.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and will most certainly be booking on my next trip to BKK.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank spylee76
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I checked in from the 23rd July - 25th July room 1610. The experience from check in -> my stay -> check out was smooth and excellent!!!!!

It was my 1st time to Bangkok, and my appreciation very much goes to the Concierge and housekeeping!! They were just EXCELLENT! Information about the town, transportation , attentiveness,helpfulness and cheerfulness just exceeded my expectation!! If I'm not mistaken his name was (Tewet ) and the Chief Concierge with the Les Clef's d'Or Key who provided to us information was just sufficient! Doorman was always smiling, offer assistance, friendly!

Housekeeping - When I just got back in the evening, the housekeeper ( Lady ) just walk towards me and ask if there's anything that she could help or if I need anything before I can even ask for something!!

Besides I even got a Birthday Cake placed in my room when I got back!! I was really happy with my stay, there's nothing I could comment much but just kept saying EXCELLENT! Kudos to all Renaissance Navigators!! You all did PERFECTLY GREAT!!! If I could I will list down all the names here I would. But I forgot the names.

Upon check out I did ask for a survey to be sent to my E-mail but unfortunately I don't get it till now. I really would love to give another good comment for this hotel to increase the Guest Voice. here's my E-mail address ( chloetaypy@hotmail.com)
Thank you very much for the lovely stay.

Chloe Tay

Room Tip: Higher Floor will be much better.