“Modern style hotel close to JW Marriott or Courtyard”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #44 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have in that area 3 good choices of Marriott hotels the most modern advanced style has the renaissance..Renaissance.excecutive lounge definitely nice but higher class is the JW one...depending on budget and time spend in room have your pick

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,596)

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We are frequent travelllers but we do not have brand loyalty as to the hotels we stay in. That might change now as Renaissance Ratchaprasong, the hotel and its people, truly gave us a good impression. During check-in, we were offered a Marriot Club card without asking and an upgrade with a very reasonable fee. The size of the junior suite was just perfect for us. Beyond its high grade accommodation, truly commendable was the service with a smile on its staff that was ever consistent. The hotel's location was perfect, not too near the main street but a very short stride to bts chidlom and Ratchapradong shopping district. One minor thing that we may want to point out was the monotony of buffet breakfast choices...it was good yet seems tiring after 5 successive breakfasts of having the same choices. Til our next Bangkok vacation!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Arrived to the hotel after a good hour and half in awful Bangkok Friday night traffic, I found lovely receptionists to make me forget about that in a second, checking me in very quickly and advising that if I signed up to the Marriott membership programme I would get free wifi. A proper hand-over the keys, sit back and relax!

As I had no doubt, my room was very cosy, nicely divided into a writing area and main sleeping area. The bathroom is separated from the bedroom by glass walls, this makes the bathroom benefit of daylight while some automatic screens can be operated to guard your privacy, if needs be

The swimming pool somehow puzzled me on the other hand: it is a covered pool (opened only on the sides), but it's not big enough to really exercise, it's a sort of hybrid, with 5 chairs in the water and 5 outside (in the dark in the pm), it almost seems there as a decoration for the bar, anyway it's a nice spot to unwind at the end of the day, definitely I wouldn't spend there the day though

Probably the best feature of the hotel anyway is its location: it is smack in front of the chit lom skytrain station (pls use it, it will significantly enhance your bangkok experience!) and few minutes walk from the central world centre, with a million lively restaurants for a casual dinner

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a very nice hotel in middle of shopping district. You can literally shop till you drop here with all the shopping malls around the hotel. The rooms are nice and modern. The view of Bangkok is really nice. The staff in the lounge are is awesome. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices especially the fresh fruits. For muslim travellers the meats are halal.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a good view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawood H
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love the modern interior of this hotel. About a 5 minute walk away from the BTS but I think the pros outweigh the cons. Service is amazing here - I had a problem with my taxi driver who would not turn on the meter and then drove me around in circles to teach me a lesson... The head of security immediately lodged a report with the taxi company upon my return. A very kind and courteous gentleman.

I left my safe open, with a Cartier watch and USD500 in cash, passport etc. Housekeeping locked it. THANK SO MUCH GUEST SERVICE SUPERVISOR MANUSSAWIN. Honest, professional and diligent staff.

I like the pool too as it is in the shade, but that is not for everyone... It does mean that you can swim during rainy weather though!

Nice soft sheets and lovely amenities. One problem is that I was given a connecting room. Very bad sound insulation with the next room - I could hear their phone ringing and their entire conversations.

Room Tip: DO NOT choose a connecting room. I could hear my neighbours entire conversation and when his phone r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After a rough day of sightseeing, it was wonderful to come "home" to a beautiful suite and great customer service! The buffet breakfast is awesome and the staff were very attentive and helpful. Will definitely stay here on my next trip to Bangkok!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible. The views are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Onenic5
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Booked at the Renaissance during the Songkran. It has very good location, accessible to the train station (BTS) and malls. Easy to get taxis, when needed. The hotel has good facilities, though most areas are under dim lights, giving the appearance of a bar. But that wasn't a problem. The rooms are modern and clean. The pool area was good to lounge in. The staff was excellent, always helpful. We were looking for a particular product we needed to buy and at least 3 members of the staff were working together to find a shop where we could buy it. Check-in and check-out processes were a breeze. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends